No Camp Jeep '09 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > No Camp Jeep '09

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 02-18-2009, 10:32 PM   #1
RichardD
1987 YJ Wrangler 

No Camp Jeep 2009

Hey folks. I figured I would pass along the news.

The UFWDA Executive Director just got the word today that Camp Jeep 2009 will NOT be occuring anywhere this year.

So for those of you that were holding out to go to Camp Jeep, come join the UFWDA at Oak Ridge Estate in Arrington for the 2nd Annual Wheel - In instead! It's March 12,13, and 14th.

There's a thread with the details here:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f160/ufwda-2nd-annual-virginia-wheel-trail-ride-667911/

It's not too late, there's still time to register.

Be well,
Richard

Live each day as if it were your last, 'cause you just never know.....

Last edited by RichardD; 02-23-2009 at 03:57 PM.. Reason: Correction
RichardD is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2009, 02:27 PM   #2
HG97TJ
2013 JK Wrangler 

Bummer !!!
2.5" TF coil lift - Bilstein shocks | 35" BFG AT's on AEV Pintlers | TeraFlex HD Monster front track bar | TF Lower control arms | Rugged Ridge XHD winch bumper | Superwinch EP9 | AEV Procal | Cobra CB
HG97TJ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2009, 01:28 PM   #3
RichardD
1987 YJ Wrangler 

UPDATE: UFWDA Wheel - In Registration has been extended

Registration has been extended to Monday March 2nd, and there are still spots left. Simply go to the website http://www.ufwda.org/, or call 1 800 44UFWDA.

I will add that you DO NOT have to be there on Thursday the 12th, yes Registration does open at 4PM, you will only be missing the Vendors, which will be there each day after the trailriding anyway.

You CAN show up Friday morning at 7:30AM and register then before the trailriding starts.

Come join us for some of the best trail riding that Virginia has to offer .

Be well,
Richard

Last edited by RichardD; 02-27-2009 at 01:51 PM.. Reason: Correction
Unread 02-27-2009, 02:48 PM   #4
95wrangler4life
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Well, according to our members who are constantly callin the camp jeep numbers, the people they have talked to will NOT CONFIRM OR DENY anything regarding CAMP JEEP 09 or where it will be held, if its going to be held, or if it is cancelled!

Build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...-dirty-894483/
95wrangler4life is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2009, 03:06 PM   #5
RichardD
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Hey 95wrangler4life.

I know that Chrysler has not "officially" given word, and would certainly not post that it was cancelled unless I had a known good source.

I heard of it being cancelled from the United Four Wheel Drive Association's Forum. The person that posted it is the UFWDA Executive Director and Legal Counsel, as well as being one of the folks that organizes the Trail Guides for Camp Jeep Virginia (among other events), and I do happen to know them personally also, so I do trust their word.

The only link I have seen at this point is here: http://www.ufwda.org/smf/index.php?topic=2650.0

I have also heard from another fellow that I know that has ties with Chrysler/Jeep, that all of the folks at Chrysler that put on the event in the past took the buyout in November, plus it evidently costs them 6 Million to put on a Camp Jeep event, so it would probably be in their best interest due to their current situation NOT to have it.

Be well,
Richard
Unread 03-30-2009, 11:00 PM   #6
RichardD
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Hey again folks.

For those of you looking for the "Official" word, thought I would pass this along.

On March 16th, I saw this post [I have Kevin N.'s (69injun) permission to repost this, in case anyone wondered. Thanks Kevin.]:

"Last week I heard that Camp Jeep 15 for 2009 was cancelled. I called Camp Jeep and they didn't have any info but knew the rumor was out there. So I emailed Jeep and asked. Given the economy and position the automakers are in I could understand but wanted to know.

Here is their response and at the bottom is my original email:

Dear Kevin:

Thank you for contacting the Chrysler Customer Assistance Center regarding the camp jeep.

We appreciate the time and effort you took to write to us.

In response to your email regarding the camp jeep, we would like to inform you that the Jeep brand is considering early 2010 for the 15th Camp Jeep.

Camp Jeep is the single biggest recurring brand owner loyalty event in the industry. Camp Jeep 2007 was the most successful event to date and the Jeep brand is hoping to work with its event partners to evolve the next Camp Jeep into an even better three-day event for owners to interact with Jeep designers, engineers, planners and marketing teams.

Registration for the next Camp Jeep is not yet open. Customers may contact the Camp Jeep hotline at (877) 444-JEEP (5337) open 8am - midnight, 7 days a week to pre-register for event information. For updates and more information on Jeep and Jeep events, visit the Jeep Experience section at the brand Web site at www.jeep.com.

Thanks again for your email.

Sincerely,

Neil Wright
Customer Service Representative
Chrysler Customer Assistance Center

For any future communications related to this email, please refer to the following information:
REFERENCE NUMBER: 18382184
EMAIL CASE NUMBER: 2204690
REPLY LINK: http://www.chrysler.com/wccs/brand_f...768I25261L0KM&

Original Message Follows:
------------------------

US Customer Service - Jeep Brand Site
Brief Description:
Camp Jeep Questions
Comments:
I am curiouse if camp jeep is happening this year? 1. United Four Wheel Drive Assoc. is saying on their web site it is cancelled. 2. With the economy I guess I wouldn't be suprised. But I figure since it didn't happen last year and was planned for this year it would have been in the budget for the year.

I know my family wants to go to Camp Jeep and not for the big name concerts or the snow boarders and skateboarders. We want to go be with Jeeps, Jeep people, and the Jeep company family. That is what Camp Jeep is about to us. We want to hang out with like minded people and ride trails and camp and be completely surrounded by people who love Jeeps. But if the economy and the pressure of a government loan to sustain the company solvent means there can be no Camp Jeep this year then please let us know. Because people have to plan and make reservations and save money. If you can't have a Camp Jeep this year, we need to make other vacation plans, and it would be nice to do that now instead of waiting until late May like last year. You really are rubbing alot of people the wrong way by leaving them hanging for so long on the status of the event for no reason. If it isn't going to happen this year tell us and let us get on with our planning for the year.

Thank you.
Kevin N.

Hope this clears it up.

Be well,
Richard

Last edited by RichardD; 03-30-2009 at 11:04 PM.. Reason: Correction
Unread 04-18-2009, 07:29 PM   #7
WranglerTom
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Camp jeep Officially Cancelled

I knew (as well as eveyone else I suppose) that Camp Jeep wouldn't be happening this year but they (Jeep) finally made it official:

Dear Thomas:

The four-wheel-drive off-roading season is fast upon us. Spring is here. Fresh trails are calling.

As any four-wheel-drive enthusiast will tell you, detours are inevitable. Unfortunately, this means we'll have to bypass Camp Jeep® 2009.

Our adventurous fans know alternate routes for fun are out there to be discovered and enjoyed. Visit jeep.com to find a variety of new and well-traveled paths to destinations others only dream of.

Keep living the Jeep® life on the exciting trails that lie ahead.

Best Regards,

Robert Puffer
Chrysler Global Events Manager

You have received this eMail because of your ownership or interest in a Jeep vehicle. At Chrysler LLC, we value your privacy. If you would like to manage your eMail subscriptions, please, click here.

Jeep eMail Headquarters, 880 W. Long Lake Road, Troy, MI 48098.
Jeep and Camp Jeep are registered trademarks of Chrysler LLC.

At least they finally admitted it. I just wish they would have made the announcment sooner.

WranglerTom
Jeeperman front and rear bumpers, ORO taillights
Skid Row steering and engine skids
AEV Bridger wheels and Toyo Open Country M/T tires--much more to come!
WranglerTom is offline   Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.