New New Jerseian - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New New Jerseian

New Product Release: Flowmaster Force II Dual Tailpipe AxlNew Product Release: Flowmaster Force II Dual Tailpipe AxlUSA Made JK Rear Axles!!! Revolution Gear and Axle

Unread 10-12-2009, 09:44 AM   #16
daggo66
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vassago View Post
ok first off, you're from maryland, second, your "wrangler" has the heart of a minivan. 3.8l haha my xj's are more jeep that any jk... jk's were a joke made by chrysler, as in j/k!

i'm still waiting for the kidding part.
I "live" in Maryland. I'm from NJ. As far as the xj, keep telling yourself that. The fact is the JK is the most capable off road stock vehicle that Jeep has ever made.

Unread 10-13-2009, 09:29 AM   #17
Toms87
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJMuscle98 View Post
a stock XJ can perform just as well as an lifted YJ or TJ anyday

No...

Anyway I've only been to New Jersey once and it was a joke. I'd never live there by choice.
Unread 10-13-2009, 12:45 PM   #18
mtc019

Thats fine livin out there by Fort Dix Bart. Maybe I'll see you sometime back in the Pines.

Funny you say you would rather be here than Houston. I was in Humble years ago and LOVED IT! I still think about moving there.
Unread 10-13-2009, 03:44 PM   #19
XJMuscle98
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toms87 View Post

No...

Anyway I've only been to New Jersey once and it was a joke. I'd never live there by choice.
Yes it can.

"Approximately 80 percent of our air pollution stems from hydrocarbons released by vegetation, so let's not go overboard in setting and enforcing tough emission standards from man-made sources."
Ronald Reagan

My goal is to have 20 lights around my XJ.

Currently: 10
Unread 10-13-2009, 05:42 PM   #20
Toms87
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJMuscle98 View Post
Yes it can.
So you're telling me a stock cherokee on 28 or 29 inch tires can outwheel a lifted wrangler. I'm assuming the wrangler would have at least 31s since it's lifted. Where in the world would an XJ have an advantage besides paved roads? Now I'm really interested.
Unread 10-13-2009, 05:44 PM   #21
XJMuscle98
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Didn't say it had an advantage, but in most situations it can perform just as well.

"Approximately 80 percent of our air pollution stems from hydrocarbons released by vegetation, so let's not go overboard in setting and enforcing tough emission standards from man-made sources."
Ronald Reagan

My goal is to have 20 lights around my XJ.

Currently: 10
Unread 10-19-2009, 03:05 PM   #22
gonzo99
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtc019 View Post
Thats fine livin out there by Fort Dix Bart. Maybe I'll see you sometime back in the Pines.

Funny you say you would rather be here than Houston. I was in Humble years ago and LOVED IT! I still think about moving there.
Don't get me wrong, I'm going to miss my home, but what I am saying is that if a litttle bit higher taxes than I was paying in Spring will give me a MUCH cleaner place, then OK. Jersey is a pretty state, parts of Texas are pretty too, but by and large, Houston is dirty. I am not a litter bug, but soo many people in Houston couldn't give a $#!t. We had property in the hill country for a while, in terms of beauty, just as good here as there. Totally different terrain, but just as nice. Hopefully I can make the Jeep meet going on down south of here in Nov. See some of yous guys on the road, I'm the one with the Texas State Troopers Assn. sticker on the back. Bart
Unread 10-19-2009, 07:32 PM   #23
blackblazer92
1989 XJ Cherokee 

welcome to jersey... ill keep a look out for you. obviously the wrangler/cherokee argument is the same around the country lol

o yeah and i personally dont think JK's are anymore a jeep than the cherokee. they are bigger and more expensive/luxurious than the cherokee. take a brand new jk and a beat old cherokee wheeling and see who makes it farther...
project build thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/my-new-cherokee-project-590872/
Unread 12-24-2009, 01:31 PM   #24
Karl_V
2008 JK Wrangler 

Welcome to south jersey, I will start by correcting a myth that i just dont agree with. This central jersey thing came about roughly 8 yrs ago, before that it was little new york up north and mini philly on the bottom. The line is rather simple south of that border is Eagles fans, north of that border is Giants fans. The taxes suck. But where else in the world can you be a half hour away from the shore a half hour away from a major city and get ANYWHERE in a state in about an hour. Plase enjoy it for its vast landscape and varied weather............... NOW!!! my next issue My cherokee came stock on 31s(well the bias ply equivalent of) in 1978 now will it out perform newer things probly not do I care not really this is a knuckle-head debate we are one in the same family of vehicles each with its own talent. Dont underestimate the other guy he may be pulling you out later!

Dont underestimate the other guy he may be pulling you out later!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.