New New Jerseian - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New New Jerseian

Official Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!1999-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Headlight Pair

Unread 10-07-2009, 04:53 PM   #1
gonzo99
1998 TJ Wrangler 

New New Jerseian

Hey folks, I just moved up here to NJ. Got here last week, got the vehicles tagged and inspected, am looking for work, love the weather so far, getting some of the roads down in my memoryand am looking forward to exploring some of this state come spring and summer. We are in central NJ, right here by Fort Dix. Hope to meet some of y'all soon. Bart

Unread 10-07-2009, 06:43 PM   #2
XJMuscle98
1998 XJ Cherokee 

May I ask why?

Or do you just generally enjoy higher taxes and a higher cost of living?

"Approximately 80 percent of our air pollution stems from hydrocarbons released by vegetation, so let's not go overboard in setting and enforcing tough emission standards from man-made sources."
Ronald Reagan

My goal is to have 20 lights around my XJ.

Currently: 10
Unread 10-08-2009, 07:13 PM   #3
gonzo99
1998 TJ Wrangler 

We, are helping take care of my wifes father,who at 87yrs old is being treated for Lymphoma. All this stuff about higher taxes may be true, but I'll tell you one thing for sure, this place is one hell of a lot cleaner and prettier than Houston. I have never lived anywhere else but have been to some different states including Idaho, NM and AR,OK,KS among others. We were at a point in our lives where we could help, so we are. Bart
Unread 10-08-2009, 09:33 PM   #4
MuddyJeepZJ
2004 TJ Wrangler 

If you are looking for a local club feel free to check us out at NEW JERSEY JEEP ASSOCIATION:HOME PAGE We already have a few members from on base.
New Jersey Jeep Association
Unread 10-09-2009, 04:15 AM   #5
XJMuscle98
1998 XJ Cherokee 

fair enough, that's pretty honorable to go through such a relocation.

As for Spots alot of people will go to Wharton State Forest, or other areas in it's surrounding boonies. There are some other hotspots but it 6:12am and I can't think right now

"Approximately 80 percent of our air pollution stems from hydrocarbons released by vegetation, so let's not go overboard in setting and enforcing tough emission standards from man-made sources."
Ronald Reagan

Unread 10-09-2009, 08:02 AM   #6
daggo66
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo99 View Post
We, are helping take care of my wifes father,who at 87yrs old is being treated for Lymphoma. All this stuff about higher taxes may be true, but I'll tell you one thing for sure, this place is one hell of a lot cleaner and prettier than Houston. I have never lived anywhere else but have been to some different states including Idaho, NM and AR,OK,KS among others. We were at a point in our lives where we could help, so we are. Bart

A couple of pointers. You now live in Jersey (not "New") There's North Jersey, Central Jersey, and South Jersey. Don't say "Y' all" and don't say hi to people you don't know personally. Definitely wave to other Wranglers, but that's it. That should help get you through the first few weeks!
Unread 10-09-2009, 10:17 AM   #7
XJMuscle98
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggo66 View Post
A couple of pointers. You now live in Jersey (not "New") There's North Jersey, Central Jersey, and South Jersey. Don't say "Y' all" and don't say hi to people you don't know personally. Definitely wave to other Wranglers, but that's it. That should help get you through the first few weeks!
Hey, what about the XJs and GCs!?

Ronald Reagan

Unread 10-09-2009, 10:52 AM   #8
daggo66
2009 JK Wrangler 

They're on their own along with the MK's, KJ's and KK's. The wave is just a Wrangler thing.
Unread 10-09-2009, 11:41 AM   #9
XJMuscle98
1998 XJ Cherokee 

meh, I wave to any Wrangler, GC, or XJ...

Ronald Reagan

Unread 10-09-2009, 01:08 PM   #10
2doorxj

1998 XJ Cherokee 

honestly i dont know what people are talking about, people from new jersey are extremely friendly, and practacally no one in new jersey tawks like dis, and we dont all say coffee cawfee.
theres nice people and theres jerks just like evrybody else in the world.
Unread 10-10-2009, 01:31 PM   #11
Vassago
@hot_beef_sundae

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggo66 View Post
They're on their own along with the MK's, KJ's and KK's. The wave is just a Wrangler thing.
ok first off, you're from maryland, second, your "wrangler" has the heart of a minivan. 3.8l haha my xj's are more jeep that any jk... jk's were a joke made by chrysler, as in j/k!

i'm still waiting for the kidding part.

MY BUILD THREAD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...lding-1575841/

My Photography Paul Lehr's Flickr
Unread 10-12-2009, 07:59 AM   #12
DirtMerchant
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vassago View Post
ok first off, you're from maryland, second, your "wrangler" has the heart of a minivan. 3.8l haha my xj's are more jeep that any jk... jk's were a joke made by chrysler, as in j/k!

um. whatever you say there captain.

sorry to hear about the lymphoma thing. my wife's uncle just went thru the same thing, successfully overcoming hodgkins lymphoma. best of luck to her father. and welcome to jersey.
Unread 10-12-2009, 08:12 AM   #13
Toms87
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vassago View Post

The wave is really mainly for Wranglers. Most people I know with Wranglers wave to lifted Cherokees but that's it.

See this page:
The Jeep Wave

Cherokee is almost at the bottom of the hierarchy. Nothing personal but unless it's a lifted Cherokee, I'm not waving.
Unread 10-12-2009, 09:18 AM   #14
2000BB6
2000 XJ Cherokee 

back to the topic lol jk welcome to NJ. its fun all types of wheeling weather, check out the pines (pine barrens) great wheeling enviorment.

XJ's for the WIN!!!!!!!
Unread 10-12-2009, 09:32 AM   #15
XJMuscle98
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Thats such a stupid site.

And a stock XJ can perform just as well as an lifted YJ or TJ anyday. obviously not on some big *** rocks though.

Ronald Reagan

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.