Need help finding Off-Road area near NYC or in NE - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Need help finding Off-Road area near NYC or in NE

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 11-02-2007, 10:06 AM   #1
billy bee

Need help finding Off-Road area near NYC or in NE

Need help finding a good training venue for an event I am planning for next summer. Looking for an off-road facility, like the OHV Parks we have here in CA, for a training event. Ideally it will have a Camp Jeep-like off-road course or similar trail. Have used ski areas in the past.

Will also need help staffing the event when the time comes. Will need right-seat off-road instructors for a two-day event.

TIA,
bb

Unread 11-04-2007, 12:54 AM   #2
jeepsterchef
1973 C104 

check here http://www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.org/ they are about 2 1/2 hours west of nyc
Unread 11-04-2007, 07:37 AM   #3
billy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepsterchef
check here http://www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.org/ they are about 2 1/2 hours west of nyc
Thanks for the tip. The place looks great. I'll give them a call.

Would also like to find a place between NYC and Boston, perhaps in Western CT.

bb
Unread 11-04-2007, 10:12 AM   #4
XJLI
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bee
Thanks for the tip. The place looks great. I'll give them a call.

Would also like to find a place between NYC and Boston, perhaps in Western CT.

bb
RC is great, there are NO places that can support any event in CT.

Unread 11-04-2007, 03:37 PM   #5
jaw41272
1991 YJ Wrangler 

http://www.cortinamountain.com/contact.html
This place may work with you, closer for the New England crowd, skiing hasen't gone on there in a few years, and I spoke with one of the owners a few years ago and he was looking into opening up as an off season off road park for atvs and dirtbikes and such
91 Sahara 4.0l Operation Welcome Home Parade Veh #69
PARADE JEEP MEMBER #1Auto posi-lok equipped, 4" susp. lift
K&N Drop in and loaded with battle scars
www.americaisfull.com
FOR SALE 2005 PT CRUISER CONVERTIBLE
2005 Suzuki DRZ400S For SALE
Unread 11-05-2007, 01:16 PM   #6
cj8mike
1984 CJ8 

how big of an area and what level trails are you looking for? How many rigs? Would this be a private event or public? I might be able to help in the N NJ area 50 miles from NYC.
Unread 11-05-2007, 11:24 PM   #7
billy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj8mike
how big of an area and what level trails are you looking for? How many rigs? Would this be a private event or public? I might be able to help in the N NJ area 50 miles from NYC.
Sending you a PM...
Unread 11-06-2007, 01:19 PM   #8
1 ton yj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bee
Need help finding a good training venue for an event I am planning for next summer. Looking for an off-road facility, like the OHV Parks we have here in CA, for a training event. Ideally it will have a Camp Jeep-like off-road course or similar trail. Have used ski areas in the past.

Will also need help staffing the event when the time comes. Will need right-seat off-road instructors for a two-day event.

TIA,
bb
Contact Sterling Forest ski area in Orange Co. NY. They have not been able to operate as a skiing venue for the last 2 or 3 winters due to lack of winter weather. I have heard from some seriously reliable sources that they are in the planning stages of opening trails to ATV use during the off season.
Unread 11-06-2007, 04:09 PM   #9
jaw41272
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Now that would be fantastic, Sterling Forest is only about 45-50 miles from NYC, even if I can only ride my dirtbike there I'd still be glad to go.
91 Sahara 4.0l Operation Welcome Home Parade Veh #69
PARADE JEEP MEMBER #1Auto posi-lok equipped, 4" susp. lift
K&N Drop in and loaded with battle scars
www.americaisfull.com
FOR SALE 2005 PT CRUISER CONVERTIBLE
2005 Suzuki DRZ400S For SALE
Unread 11-06-2007, 08:21 PM   #10
tubbyzj
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepsterchef

Rauschcreek is great i have a house in pa and i go with this great group of guys from poconos10.com me and my cousin love it there they get me into things that i though i would never do in my zj and my cousin got his xj lifted after the first time we went great place and if you want you can camp there or just stay at a motel

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.