Need a good shop in CT (exhaust/welding/frame stuff) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Need a good shop in CT (exhaust/welding/frame stuff)

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-28-2009, 09:03 PM   #1
never0101
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Need a good shop in CT (exhaust/welding/frame stuff)

So, i had some frame repair done in the back, and the old rear tailpipe hanger either didnt get put back, or was rusted off the frame to begin with. I just put a new exhaust on, and without the rear hanger to hold that thing still, it shakes, rattles against the spring, and generally makes a racket. I dont know any shops, looking for someone that either knows how the original one works and can either 1) get one and reattach it to my frame/exhaust, or 2) fab up something new to hold the tailpipe perfectly still. I'm in Bristol, 20 mins outside of hartford, but am willing to travel more or less anywhere in the state

Unread 09-29-2009, 08:34 AM   #2
dabprice
2006 TJ Wrangler 

EVB Extreme Vehicle Builders HOME

These people are excellent. They are in Danbury CT
Unread 09-29-2009, 03:38 PM   #3
ToxicTurtle

Try Justin at Morpheus Performance
New shop but has years of experience.. He's right in Meriden, 10 minutes from you, not far off 691.
email him at Justin@morphius.com
Justin has built rigs from the frame up and done all sorts of custom work from lifts, roll cages, to exhaust, to even stereo systems for those Mall crawlers..

BTW, the guys at EVB at good guys too.
Talk soon,

Burned out Land Use guru....
Unread 09-29-2009, 04:09 PM   #4
Smtty58
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I just replaced my hanger after fixing the frame. The dealer had all the parts in stock.

Western Mass. 4x4

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.