NE PA lift install - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > NE PA lift install

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-04-2009, 12:19 PM   #1
NEPAjeep02

2002 TJ Wrangler 

NE PA lift install

I recently bought a RC 3.25" lift, and was looking for a garage to install. From what i've read it is an easy install but i would like a professional to install it. Does anyone know a good garage that would install this lift in the scranton area? Also how much do you think it will cost to install? Thanks

NEPAjeep02 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2009, 01:11 PM   #2
NEPAjeep02

2002 TJ Wrangler 

bump
Unread 09-05-2009, 06:14 AM   #3
rubiwannabe
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Who says just because you pay a professional that it will get done right?...no one will ever pay as much detail to a project/repair as much as YOU will when working on your own vehicle...if you do find//know a mechanic that willl apply locktite/anti-sieze where needed..or use a torque wrench when required...its rare find..do it yourself..learn the "nuts and bolts" of your jeep..if youre not mechanically inclined...there are plenty of fellow jeepers that would probably help you...i know ive helped a few ppl out who thought they couldnt do it...you may surprise yourself in the end..!!
rubiwannabe is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2009, 10:33 AM   #4
crazydude2500
1993 ZJ 

where are you from ??

green lifted 4.5 w/32's custom front bumper 5.2L
97 xj stock blue tow hooks F&R 4.0L
2004 dodge neon SRT-4
crazydude2500 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2009, 10:46 AM   #5
alecmcmahon

I wouldnt pay somebody to install that lift, it's extremely simple. If you can use a socket wrench and some basic hand tools it can be done.
Unread 09-05-2009, 02:00 PM   #6
rockrunner02
2005 WK 

I second that. It's a great way to learn your way around your jeep. Especially if something should go wrong down the line, you know how to fix it. I've installed several lifts, and have learned something new every time. If you were closer, I would say we could make a weekend wrenchin session out of it.
rockrunner02 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2009, 10:26 AM   #7
NEPAjeep02

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydude2500 View Post
where are you from ??
Up past scranton.

Thanks. You've all inspired me to do it myself. My only problem i think will be compressing the springs. Besides that i think it should be fairly simple. You guys are going to be my fall back if things go down the ****ter. Wish me luck...i'm heading out to battle haha
Unread 09-06-2009, 01:54 PM   #8
SaltyJeeper
2004 TJ Wrangler 

update??? I live near you (clarks summit) and could lend a hand on a weekend (perfer sun).

jeff
Jlatham2@aol.com
SaltyJeeper is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2009, 09:39 PM   #9
crazydude2500
1993 ZJ 

that shouldnt be a problem tho....i had to unbolt my lower control arms on my grand and a little finess and the springs droped in...YOU CAN DO IT...get some deacent jack stands and a jack and when you are working on one side jack the other up...it helps to get the other side down lower

green lifted 4.5 w/32's custom front bumper 5.2L
97 xj stock blue tow hooks F&R 4.0L
2004 dodge neon SRT-4
crazydude2500 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2009, 10:25 PM   #10
SaltyJeeper
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I volunteered to give him a hand, hope to see other Scranton area Jeeps drop by, could be an informal meet and greet to get more/new trail buddies.

Jeff
Jlatham2@aol.com
SaltyJeeper is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2009, 10:10 AM   #11
NEPAjeep02

2002 TJ Wrangler 

I like the idea Salty! We should be installing on sunday of this weekend if anyone else wants to stop by and maybe lend a hand or a jack stand or two send me a PM. I would like to head out for a ride after it is installed.
Unread 09-20-2009, 09:25 AM   #12
Dashash
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Curious, did you complete the install? How long did it take?

Reason I ask is I just bought myself a 3.75inch RC lift and I'm planning on installing it myself and you could say I'm a little intimidated!
Dashash is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2009, 10:03 AM   #13
NEPAjeep02

2002 TJ Wrangler 

yea we finished the install. It was done with only two people. Fairly easly, but very easy with a air gun. I'd also invest in a can of pb blaster and hit every bolt that will be coming off. Feel free to send me any messages if you run into any trouble.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.