Mabell - Important! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Mabell - Important!

NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 08-20-2008, 04:30 PM   #1
asp87
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Mabell - Important!

Effective Immediately

The mud hole is CLOSED to vehicular traffic of any kind.

All vehicles must travel to the left of the mud hole on the trail that goes around.

The reason is a 5 gallon oil container (probably gas) that someone left floating in the water.

The town WILL close the trail immediately if there is any further traffic there.

Please spread the word, thanks.

Unread 08-20-2008, 05:15 PM   #2
UrbanGator
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by asp87 View Post
Effective Immediately

The mud hole is CLOSED to vehicular traffic of any kind.

All vehicles must travel to the left of the mud hole on the trail that goes around.

The reason is a 5 gallon oil container (probably gas) that someone left floating in the water.

The town WILL close the trail immediately if there is any further traffic there.

Please spread the word, thanks.
Now I have an excuse not to go through it. My Jeep always makes a bunch of noises after that one. I had to replace my starter last time. It's unfortunate that people have to be so stupid though.
UrbanGator is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2008, 05:35 PM   #3
asp87
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanGator View Post
Now I have an excuse not to go through it. My Jeep always makes a bunch of noises after that one. I had to replace my starter last time. It's unfortunate that people have to be so stupid though.
agreed. hell, i went around it. i was actually there sunday and i didn't see anything in the mud pit. i did pick up a few beer cans and stuff along the way though. i've heard of it swallowing a 38" tire, so i don't quite feel like putting my xj on 31's in it. there's bold and then just plain dumb.
Unread 08-20-2008, 07:48 PM   #4
Ipe
2008 JK Wrangler 

Seeing as I like rock and am none too fond of mud this is no biggie.

It sucks that an idiot would do something like that but then again when I was at Ma Bell recently there was a couple local folk "near" a lifted dodge pu who were drinking beer on the trail. So somehow I doubt it was a wheeler that dumped the gas can.
Ipe is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2008, 07:37 AM   #5
Orange_Crush
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipe View Post
Seeing as I like rock and am none too fond of mud this is no biggie.

It sucks that an idiot would do something like that but then again when I was at Ma Bell recently there was a couple local folk "near" a lifted dodge pu who were drinking beer on the trail. So somehow I doubt it was a wheeler that dumped the gas can.
I echo Rob on both of these points. I am into the rocks there as well and go around the hole. I also was there and saw the locals with the p/u.

This is the stuff that really pisses me off. MaBell is nice and close to me (read: like 20 freakin minutes) and to see it close down would be a real bummer.
Orange_Crush is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2008, 07:44 AM   #6
UrbanGator
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by asp87 View Post
agreed. hell, i went around it. i was actually there sunday and i didn't see anything in the mud pit. i did pick up a few beer cans and stuff along the way though. i've heard of it swallowing a 38" tire, so i don't quite feel like putting my xj on 31's in it. there's bold and then just plain dumb.
I make it t on 33's, but just barely. If you don't have momentum, you are screwed. It just drops right down and you don't expect it. It's much easier on the way out though.
UrbanGator is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2008, 11:36 AM   #7
billyjp2
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange_Crush View Post
I echo Rob on both of these points. I am into the rocks there as well and go around the hole. I also was there and saw the locals with the p/u.

This is the stuff that really pisses me off. MaBell is nice and close to me (read: like 20 freakin minutes) and to see it close down would be a real bummer.
i thought all the locals were gay?
billyjp2 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2008, 12:21 PM   #8
Ipe
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyjp2 View Post
i thought all the locals were gay?
I think you're thinking of the students at the local college. And they're not gay... they're 'beans

In all seriousness though. Police yourselves when you're out on the trail. See trash out there? Stop and pick it up. If we keep our trails clean there's a better chance they'll stay our trails.
Ipe is offline   Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.