looking for some trails in NOVA area - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > looking for some trails in NOVA area

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 09-25-2009, 09:19 PM   #1
kittyhawk
2006 LJ Wrangler 

looking for some trails in NOVA area

Hi, I just moved up to Chantilly VA from Houston TX and am looking for some trails/looging roads for a day trip for me and the wife.
we are looking for some moderate ones that are within a few hours ride from home.
I hope to be joining a club up here soon, my training for work has rotating weekends till Dec.
Thanks

Dave

kittyhawk is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2009, 11:59 AM   #2
Toms87
1987 YJ Wrangler 

George Washington national forest and maybe Green Ridge in MD
Toms87 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2009, 10:41 PM   #3
Greenmonster138
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Rausch Creek is about the only place worth driving around 2-3 hours for. Other than that I haven't heard of anything else.
Greenmonster138 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2009, 10:48 PM   #4
Stoked99
1998 TJ Wrangler 

George Washington National Forest is where I go. It's very pretty and the main trails aren't too tough, at least at Edinburg Gap. There are several parts of GWNF to go to, all within 3 hours of NoVa. Rausch Creek is supposed to be nice, but I've never been. Greenridge in Maryland is pretty but very easy.

Vice President - Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Club
'98 2.5L - RC 2.5 - 33's - Beach Cruiser

"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines" - Enzo Ferrari
Stoked99 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2009, 06:11 PM   #5
kittyhawk
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Any one from the NOVA area heading to Rausch Creek any time soon looking to meet up and take a trip.

Dave
kittyhawk is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2009, 12:40 AM   #6
Toms87
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoked99 View Post
George Washington National Forest is where I go. It's very pretty and the main trails aren't too tough, at least at Edinburg Gap. There are several parts of GWNF to go to, all within 3 hours of NoVa. Rausch Creek is supposed to be nice, but I've never been. Greenridge in Maryland is pretty but very easy.
Edinburg trails are a joke. Everything good is ATV only. I wouldn't waste any gas driving there again.
Toms87 is offline   Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.