Long Island electrical work. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Long Island electrical work.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 01-26-2009, 06:45 PM   #1
minges14

Long Island electrical work.

Hey everyone,

Let me start off by saying that I am in no way electrically inclined. I recently bought some Hella 500ff and 700ff lights for the bumper as well as a set of cheap tractor lights to use as reverse lights. Now comes the problem, the instructions for the Hella's are like German to me (and I do not speak German) and the reverse lights didn't come with anything. I've seen on the forum posts where people have tried to simplify the wiring diagram but even that is too complicated for me.

So now I need to know the best option as far as what to do. Is there anyone on Long Island that is familiar with what I am looking for? Maybe someone with a shop that doesn't want to charge $250 to do a little work.

Or perhaps is there an easier way to explain it to me, I am a college grad, but perhaps if you pretend I'm 7 years old and try explaining it that way it might help.

So I'll start off with this what is the simplest way to install the Hella's? I'd prefer not to have to run them into the high beams so I can switch them on whenever I wanted but if I have to then I can.

Also what is the easiest way to connect the reverse lights so they come on only when I'm going backwards?

Any info would be appreciated but any offers to come help would be best.

Thanks in advance.

Fog light set-up.
[IMG][/IMG]

Reverse lights
[IMG][/IMG]

minges14 is offline   Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.