lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > lift

Clayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank SkidTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 12-14-2009, 04:36 PM   #1
andrew63092

lift

i dont want to see the driveshaft and oil pan protector hanging below my body, so is a body lift or a suspension lift better? Also, how would 3 inch lift with 32s look? Jeep is an 03 2 door.

Unread 12-14-2009, 04:56 PM   #2
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

Probably better to post this in one of the Wrangler technical forums. . .

Anyways, heres my $0.02. Body lifts over an inch look stupid because the frame becomes too exposed. You must learn to live with the driveshaft and oil pan protector hanging below the body; nothing you do will change this short of fabbing up new motor mounts and raising the motor (and then you start killing the center of gravity). Even then, the driveshafts will still hang down unless you get portals or something like that.

I think a 3" suspension lift and 32's would look super.

Lastly, where in RI are you located and what level of interest do you have in wheeling. PM me if you want.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.