Judge rules Overland (Paragon) violated their lease... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Judge rules Overland (Paragon) violated their lease...

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Even Better Heim Pricing! From RuffstuffToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake Line

Unread 02-01-2007, 12:45 AM   #1
Sahara01
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Judge rules Overland (Paragon) violated their lease...

Paragon is to vacate by Monday, Kyle said he will comply with the Judges order..........this will be the last Monthly ride at Paragon as we know it.

I am without words.

Shortbus Offroad Team #242
sponsored by
www.rockkrawler.com, GOODYEAR TIRES, http://www.browndogoffroad.com/ , Solid Axle Industries, Genright,
Unread 02-01-2007, 06:21 AM   #2
Froudian

This is a SAD SAD day.............

But pick yourself up and get to work on your HEEP and get out here Saturday to support them in whatever why they need. Anyone and everyone is welcome to stay with us..........

The park enterence fee is cheap, the lodging is free what else is there besides gas........ we can help PAP go out with a bang and help them to rebuild financially.

Unread 02-01-2007, 06:34 AM   #3
tommaho
1998 TJ Wrangler 

In retrospect, you can see from a mile away that Overland was puppeted by the government and landholder. How in the **** did PCA legally create and enter their lease agreement? Without a doubt, the eviction was part of their plan from the day the lease was signed.

Yesterday I was stunned, today I'm just really frickin upset.
Unread 02-01-2007, 07:33 AM   #4
thejafe
2004 TJ Wrangler 

The ramifications of this will be far reaching -- until another park of this size is constructed we are looking at a major decline in the popularity of our sport in the northeast. There are enough people with enough interest to keep the ball rolling, but bringing in noobs is going to be that much more difficult.

We still have Rausch Creek, but I fear for places like Ma Belle and Mt. Beacon. They will become overrun with those looking for places to wheel, and will eventually be shut down.

However, once the new location IS chosen for Paragon I predict the 4-wheeling community will rally around this new project and show the true character of the people involved in this sport/hobby/business. In the end this WILL make us stronger -- for now we have to hunker down and suck up the fact that it's going to suck for awhile.
Unread 02-01-2007, 01:30 PM   #5
Cliff Crawler

I dunno...I predict more people will ride illegally and drunk. They'll smash their rigs and that'll be that. Paragon was the reason why I entered this sport and why I dropped so much money already into it. I'm extremely dissapointed that I have only RC to look forward to...Where can I gain the necessary experience with my new set up before heading down to Telli?

I know it sucks but in reality that land will bring in more people and create a better economy for the area. The owners will be rich and the local government officials will be heros. We are the minority even though Paragon was bringing in noobs at an ever increasing rate. People I know who have jeeps are talking about getting them lifted because they were interested in trying it out.

It's probably going to be a couple of years before the new Paragon will be able to compete with RC...at least I know I don't need to upgrade anytime soon.

I feel bad for all those that have their rigs in the shop or taken apart during the winter in hopes of a grand spring opening. It's ok guys...I think I see some pebbles over here...let's drive over them.
Rubi...or what's left of the stock parts.
Unread 02-01-2007, 10:28 PM   #6
Sahara01
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I personally feel that if Kyle and Steph find a new place, if they mark out trails to be cut, with the support they have and volenteers to do the work...

they could be up and running in a month.
sponsored by
www.rockkrawler.com, GOODYEAR TIRES, http://www.browndogoffroad.com/ , Solid Axle Industries, Genright,
Unread 02-01-2007, 10:33 PM   #7
BeachinXJ
Resident McGeek

2000 XJ Cherokee 

I think you might be right Oz. I took my chainsaw out today before I left for PA to make sure it's still working. I will be ready to help whenever they need it, and I know a ton of other people are the same way.

I hope this is an oprtunity to grow the sport and paragon rather than being a totally negative event. Got to try and get something good out of it, no matter how much this totally sucks.

The winter build shall continue, and will continue. Few visits to RC, the new paragon, and then tellico. The year and sport are still salvagable. Not time to try and sell the Jeep just yet....
Join the XJ Owners Club | Download the iMarn® iPhone App!
SIRA 4x4 Offroad Association
Rule #1 - No talking about the weather!
Homepage | Jeepspace Group|Twitter!|Facebook
Unread 02-01-2007, 10:48 PM   #8
jipjip

i will NEVER sell my heep. no matter what happens.
i refuse to wheel illegally, but if all else fails, i'll join a local club, and use their private lands.

i know paragon will be back, but i don't think it's gonna take a month. i know they have a great following, but in the end, there's a LOT of stuff to go through, to start a new park. i'll deffinately be up for helping cut trails, but to make a park as BIG as paragon was, a LOT longer than a month will be needed.
95 yj sahara green w/ spice hard and soft top, bikini top,full steel doors, and 2 piece bestop soft doors,tnt customs front tube fenders w/ 6" flare,warn gas tank skid, skidrow oil pan skid,4.0HO,rear 31 spline 8.8 w/ disc brakes,4.10's and lsd,front HP d30 w/ 4.10's and aussie front locker,ax15,np231j w/ jb conversions ss sye, tom woods custom cv d/s,RE 4.5xd,35" toyo open country m/t's, 1" daystar body lift, warn 9.5ti
Unread 02-01-2007, 10:55 PM   #9
Sahara01
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jipjip
i will NEVER sell my heep. no matter what happens.
i refuse to wheel illegally, but if all else fails, i'll join a local club, and use their private lands.

i know paragon will be back, but i don't think it's gonna take a month. i know they have a great following, but in the end, there's a LOT of stuff to go through, to start a new park. i'll deffinately be up for helping cut trails, but to make a park as BIG as paragon was, a LOT longer than a month will be needed.
They could be up and running that quick. The new place would definately not be as large intially as the old one, but it could be ready fairly quickly once the business details are worked out. And with continued support it could easily become a " World Class" ORP. Just think...all new trails, how awesome would that be.....
sponsored by
Unread 02-01-2007, 10:58 PM   #10
jipjip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahara01
They could be up and running that quick. The new place would definately not be as large as the old one, but it could be ready fairly quickly once the business detail are worked out.
i'm hoping the new place would be the same size, if not BIGGER. there is a LOT of land around the pocono area that's un-used, and un-develped, that would be awesome for an off-road park. but kyle, steph, and the whole staff, plus volunteers, would have to work all day, every day, to get it done in a month. it would be VERY tiring. i think they should take it easy, and do it slowly, so the can think out the trails instead of just ripping through some forest, to get the park open sooner.
i wonder how long it took to develop paragon
95 yj sahara green w/ spice hard and soft top, bikini top,full steel doors, and 2 piece bestop soft doors,tnt customs front tube fenders w/ 6" flare,warn gas tank skid, skidrow oil pan skid,4.0HO,rear 31 spline 8.8 w/ disc brakes,4.10's and lsd,front HP d30 w/ 4.10's and aussie front locker,ax15,np231j w/ jb conversions ss sye, tom woods custom cv d/s,RE 4.5xd,35" toyo open country m/t's, 1" daystar body lift, warn 9.5ti
Unread 02-01-2007, 11:14 PM   #11
Sahara01
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jipjip
i'm hoping the new place would be the same size, if not BIGGER. there is a LOT of land around the pocono area that's un-used, and un-develped, that would be awesome for an off-road park. but kyle, steph, and the whole staff, plus volunteers, would have to work all day, every day, to get it done in a month. it would be VERY tiring. i think they should take it easy, and do it slowly, so the can think out the trails instead of just ripping through some forest, to get the park open sooner.
i wonder how long it took to develop paragon
You are missing my point. A new park could be opened fairly quickly....some times new trails are cut in a weekend. With all the volenteers and serious supporters Kyle and Steph have, the place could be ready to wheel within a month. It would take much more time to develope to be the size of the old park. Do you realize how much work 500 motivated people can get done in a day ? Somebody care to guess how many members the 4wd clubs have that go to Paragon ? How about people like myself....there is power in people. Motivated people. Let's see how many people turn out at the park Saturday. Then you tell me it can't be done...just let Kyle make an announcement of a new place and wanting volenteers to cut trails etc....see how many people show up....I think you would be amazed
sponsored by
Unread 02-02-2007, 01:25 AM   #12
sevise
Mo****rless

It will take a while to setup a new park. Locating a site, finalizing a lease, getting permits and the OK from the environmental agencies take time. Then someone will have to explore the land to figure out trails, which could take a fair amount of time. Then there the need to lay out the parking and staging areas, which requires more permits and decent heavy equipment. Marking the trails and cutting them won't take long but its basically just icing the cake. AKA the last, quickest and most fun part. Beuracracy is a huge pain these days.

I know its off topic but I need to rant. I'm pretty sure the story the the land is going to be developed into a cargo airport is a lie. Hazleton seems an odd place for an airport expecaiily one for freight. There is not much industry or warehouses nearby to fill planes, and there is an airport less than an hour north in Scranton/Wilksbarre. Then a good sized airport in Phili that is already capable of supporting large jets, plus it convenient to both PHL, NYC, DC, and all the ports of NJ/NY. It reminds me of this airport that was built in St. Louis at the cost millions and now has 3 flights scheduled a week.
Unread 02-02-2007, 05:25 AM   #13
dhart523

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahara01
They could be up and running that quick. The new place would definately not be as large intially as the old one, but it could be ready fairly quickly once the business details are worked out. And with continued support it could easily become a " World Class" ORP. Just think...all new trails, how awesome would that be.....
Love the positive attitude! This is how I am looking at everything right now. If I don't, I will be too damn depressed to even get anything done. I would help out in a heartbeat. I don't even mind being the guy who carries the branches away after they are cut. I will help any way I can!

SIRA 4x4 Club
Old Guy Jeep Club Member [B]#1003[/B]

[b][size="5"][color="DarkRed"]SAVE PARAGON![/color][/size][/b] [b]Visit [url]www.saveparagonap.com[/url] to get more information.[/b]
Unread 02-02-2007, 07:54 AM   #14
TellyDSP
Poland and PPV!!!!
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I'm down for trail cutting. I'd be happy with it being back up in 6 months to a year. Enough time to make sure everything is in order. Finding 4200 acres of leasable land is going to be interesting, but since an offroad park doesn't/shouldn't necessarily be useable land, there shouldnt be much competition. Unless of course they're competing against a mountainside airport.

I just hope when the new trails are cut, they're mapped on GPS units. I think it'd be great to give out the GPS layout of the park as an alternative to paper maps.

SIRA4x4 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples
n00bs bashing n00bs, it's a pitifull thing.
Unread 02-02-2007, 09:04 AM   #15
Dozer.

I'd help build some new trails

I can even grab a few illegals (local Mexicans) from Hazleton on my way in. What would they cost.... $50 a day plus lunch? They would work their butts off for damn near peanuts. Grab a handful of them You should see how fast the demo'd a few rooms in my house (made of plaster and laft) and fulled a 20yard dumpster.

[COLOR="Blue"]Lock'd, Rock'd, but not ready to roll.
[/COLOR]
[SIZE="2"]There needs to be a Twelve Step program to stop the modding addiction![/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"][B][COLOR="DarkRed"][U]SAVE PARAGON![/U][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE] Visit [url]www.saveparagonap.com[/url] to get more information.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.