JEEPForum Rausch Creek run anyone? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > JEEPForum Rausch Creek run anyone?

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 04-02-2009, 04:35 AM   #16
Veeb0rg
1995 XJ Cherokee 

My first wheeling trip is this weekend, One of the local groups is having a kitten herd.. er First time wheeling group run at RC. I've spent the past week or so finally getting the ol'e girl into shape, I've installed c4x4 towhooks, Factory hitch, Browndog motor mounts, factory trans mount. As well as organise the cargo area with a few Surplus Ammo cans. I've got a volant intake to install as soon as I drill a hole for the extra line hookup it needs.

I'm scramblin to try and find a set of alloy wheels I can get installed before I go, the steelies my buddy gave me off his ranger make the BFGMT's rub the fender flares. I've had a few lines on a couple sets of Canyons, but time grows short.

Also going to pickup a cheap cb/magnetic antenna before I go, I'll get a nice cb setup later.

http://thexj.net/images/jeep/rack.jpg

Last edited by Veeb0rg; 04-02-2009 at 04:45 AM..
Veeb0rg is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2009, 02:09 PM   #17
dcorn
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg2000xj View Post
Looks like a lot of fun, nice jeep. Yellow Jacket Ridge and the blues and blacks around rock creek are some of my favorite trails.
Thanks man. Yeah, I like all the muddy stuff down by rock creek. I feel like RC doesn't really have a happy medium of mud there. It's either 6-8" deep or 4-5 feet deep. Lake Christie and Black hole were about the only water spots that came up to the rock rails without being over the doors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veeb0rg View Post
My first wheeling trip is this weekend, One of the local groups is having a kitten herd.. er First time wheeling group run at RC. I've spent the past week or so finally getting the ol'e girl into shape, I've installed c4x4 towhooks, Factory hitch, Browndog motor mounts, factory trans mount. As well as organise the cargo area with a few Surplus Ammo cans. I've got a volant intake to install as soon as I drill a hole for the extra line hookup it needs.

I'm scramblin to try and find a set of alloy wheels I can get installed before I go, the steelies my buddy gave me off his ranger make the BFGMT's rub the fender flares. I've had a few lines on a couple sets of Canyons, but time grows short.

Also going to pickup a cheap cb/magnetic antenna before I go, I'll get a nice cb setup later.

http://thexj.net/images/jeep/rack.jpg
Just be careful and pick good lines running without any protection out there. Your front diff cover at least might take a random beating or two from some big rocks poking up. I actually hit my rock rail at one point on a green trail when I was up there. With 4.5" of lift too, I couldn't believe it haha.

Good luck though, you'll definitely have a lot of fun. The green trails are mostly pretty simple, but some get a bit hairy in spots. Its a good place to start out. Be forewarned, I guarantee you'll leave there and want to spend another 4-5 grand on your Jeep when you get home. In the few weeks before I went up the first time, I had installed an RE 4.5" lift, belly skid and rock rails. I wanted to be prepared and it was a good damn thing I did...
Unread 04-02-2009, 05:50 PM   #18
Veeb0rg
1995 XJ Cherokee 

just got back from my friends shop, picked up and installed a set of canyon wheels, no more fender flare rubbin.
Unread 04-02-2009, 07:48 PM   #19
92XJCowboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcorn View Post
We went all over the place. I don't know all the trails that well though, only been there twice. Did a lot of the blues down by Rock Creek on the first day, with a few blacks thrown in. I do know we went through trail 4 and yellow jacket, as well as the Quarry, snakebite, camelback, pizza rock, 1C in both directions, and we played around the hills near Lake Christie and drove through it as well. Me and the guy I was wheeling with both got stuck in 'black hole' and had to pull each other out.

I will say that if you want a challenge, camelback and trail 1C (run it both directions) were pretty damn difficult. They both consist of a line of humps back to back, so you are just going up and down about 5 times on each trail. I had some trouble on both, but made it through without a winch or help. I did have to get pulled off a rock at one point on camelback, and the other guy in his full size bronco needed to use his winch multiple times, even with dual lockers and 35's.

We also played around the comp course a bit at the end of the day. I decided to pick a line on one obstacle that I didn't even think I could do. It was a really steep concrete hill. First time I went up too slow and got all 4 wheels spinning. Tried it again a bit faster and drove straight up without a problem. Going down the other side was a different story. It was almost as steep, but way off camber. I truly thought I was gonna roll it. I think the guys watching me did too. Bad part was I was about 15 feet off the actual ground, so a 'flop' would have resulted in about 4-5 rolls down a bunch of huge rocks... It had to be the most scared I've ever been in the Jeep.

And because I'm a pic whore...

RTI ramp, not bad for short arms and no drop brackets. Shocks are limiting the droop.

Camelback I think

Bronco lost two u-joint caps at the very bottom of the quarry. Luckily he had a spare full shaft

Black hole. Check it out in the 2nd pic, it just looks like a small mud puddle until you drive in and sink lol. Would have made it through, but we both got hung up on a rock or stump right in the middle of the hole. The bronco pulled me out backwards and I drove around. I pulled him out forwards through it.

He let his wife drive over this big rock pile. She made it all the way across, then dropped the bronco right on the front diff on the last rock lol. They had to stack a few rocks and she just gunned it right over, dragging both pumpkins, but making it off. I let my girl drive around the comp course and the quarry a bit too, she did well.

Hey I saw you guys out there a few times. I had my jeep parked on the side of the trail a few times after I got stuck in Smoothie.

Do you want 6,000 acres of land open to OHV's?
Sign the petition for Northumberland OHV Park
92XJCowboy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2009, 09:44 PM   #20
MetalYJ
1989 YJ Wrangler 

looks like alot of fun, id love to go but im still stock, hoping to have atleast my 4" lift by then though
[QUOTE=Barrio;6487460] #1 BDS #2 RE #3 RC # 190,347,903,343,299 Pro Crap. [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=73Dart;6964255]Jeeps do not get stuck they just have a temporary loss of forward movment potential.[/QUOTE]
MetalYJ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2009, 06:44 PM   #21
JSBlu974X4
2005 LJ Wrangler 

have you all picked a day? if its later in May id be in
2005 Unlimited Rubicon Hard N Soft Tops, Clayton Long Arm on RE Coils, Warn Bumper/Tire Carrier, Warn Winch N Bumper, Currie Steering, JKS Quicker Disconnects, JKS Front Trac Bar, Bilsteins, CO2 System..Yada Yada Yada
JSBlu974X4 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2009, 06:45 PM   #22
mg2000xj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

How about last weekend in May? Saturday the 30th or Sunday the 31st? What kind of trails would we all want to run? Id like to run some blues/blacks?
Utah Jeep Crew Member #119
My Webshots
New Build
Old Build

Last edited by mg2000xj; 04-05-2009 at 06:56 PM..
mg2000xj is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2009, 10:41 PM   #23
ace2001

2003 TJ Wrangler 

30th/31st or even 23rd/24th. I am good for either.
Unread 04-06-2009, 09:18 AM   #24
JSBlu974X4
2005 LJ Wrangler 

lemmie check my days off and ill see what i can do. im a police officer so my days off change week to week. i just bought another jeep (rubi unlimited) and i wanna try it out. i plan on lifting it prior to this trip to help
2005 Unlimited Rubicon Hard N Soft Tops, Clayton Long Arm on RE Coils, Warn Bumper/Tire Carrier, Warn Winch N Bumper, Currie Steering, JKS Quicker Disconnects, JKS Front Trac Bar, Bilsteins, CO2 System..Yada Yada Yada
JSBlu974X4 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2009, 01:31 PM   #25
Veeb0rg
1995 XJ Cherokee 

My first run this weekend was fun, The group was great, we did part company early as my buddy who came with me started to get sick. No major damage done, never got stuck. Have a few upgrades planned before I make a return trip.

Unread 04-06-2009, 02:43 PM   #26
00jeepred
2000 TJ Wrangler 

i'd be game to go.

I wave.
00jeepred is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2009, 10:31 PM   #27
MetalYJ
1989 YJ Wrangler 

whats the update on this?? I actually just went 2 weekends ago with MJC, great time, I was on the greens blues, did good for stock lol
[QUOTE=Barrio;6487460] #1 BDS #2 RE #3 RC # 190,347,903,343,299 Pro Crap. [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=73Dart;6964255]Jeeps do not get stuck they just have a temporary loss of forward movment potential.[/QUOTE]
MetalYJ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2009, 05:23 AM   #28
HUBDEEP
1987 YJ Wrangler 

What level trails are we talking about for this run?
clicky-->Maryland OHV Trails Info
HUBDEEP is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2009, 12:58 PM   #29
LGriffith
2004 LJ Wrangler 

blues/blacks most likely
Unread 05-08-2009, 03:46 PM   #30
VICTIM_OF_PAIN
2008 JK Wrangler 

I'm game for the last weekend in May, I'm running a stock (for now) 08 Rubi Unlimited.

[B]Ex - 2001 Wrangler, 2" BB, 32" BGF AT's. JKS Quicker Disconnects, Oil Pan Skid, Steering Box Skid. Hard Top, Soft Top, Safari Top, Olympic Mountaineer Rack.[/B][/COLOR]

Current - 2008 Unlimited Wrangler Rubicon. Rock Krawler Stock Mod 2.5" lift, 35x12.50x15 Cooper STT's on Pro-Comp D-Windows, Husky Floor Liners, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, Hitch mounted D-Ring, Rancho Oil Pan Skid, Rugged Ridge E-Disco Skid, and a Skid Row Evap Canister Skid plate.

[B]It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool.... than to open it and remove all doubt[/B].
VICTIM_OF_PAIN is offline   Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.