JEEPForum Rausch Creek run anyone? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > JEEPForum Rausch Creek run anyone?

Introducing the CUPHOLSTER @ OCONEE OFF ROAD 706 534 9955Thanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comBlack Friday- Cyber Monday Deals at jeepHut

Unread 03-25-2009, 11:22 PM   #1
mg2000xj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

JEEPForum Rausch Creek run anyone?

So the MD'ers and PA'ers need to have a trail ride/meet and greet. Of course Rausch Creek is the obvious choice for wheeling in our area. I was thinking sometime in late May.

Any interest in this? I figured I would put this up early so we can get some people interested and some dates floating around. If we get enough people together we can make an event out of it.

Lets get some ideas floating around

Utah Jeep Crew Member #119
My Webshots
New Build
Old Build
mg2000xj is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2009, 01:09 PM   #2
imjustbumin
1997 TJ Wrangler 

this weekend
imjustbumin is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2009, 02:00 PM   #3
LGriffith
2004 LJ Wrangler 

YES YES YES. Okay Tom, call us when your D35 breaks...
Unread 03-26-2009, 04:01 PM   #4
ace2001

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Count me in.
ace2001 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2009, 04:22 PM   #5
IH8ROADZ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

count me in too.
IH8ROADZ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2009, 04:51 PM   #6
95wrangler4life
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I know this coming weekend Eastern Shore Jeep Association as well as NOVA are planning to attend RC!

Build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...-dirty-894483/
95wrangler4life is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2009, 11:39 AM   #7
Blacksahara1
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Most Saturday's usually work for me. May seems pretty open for me.

We have a small (5 or so) group running up to Rausch tomorrow (3/28), hitting black trails. Shoot me an e-mail at Blacksahara1@yahoo.com if ya wanna come along. We'll probably get to the staging area around 8:30-8:45 and hit the trails by 9.
Blacksahara1 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2009, 12:15 PM   #8
Kip03TJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Keep me informed please
2003 Jeep Wrangler Sahara edition fully loaded 5 speed manual. Brown dog 1" motor mounts, Currie 1" body lift, jks front disconnects, 31" Goodyear Wrangler duratracs, 8 adjustable control arms, Advance Adapters HD SYE, Tom woods premium driveshaft, driver & passenger heated seats
Kip03TJ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2009, 12:20 PM   #9
mg2000xj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Im thinking about getting a run together in late May, Ill be in school until then and I gotta get my tcase fixed so I need some time before I can do any wheeling.
My Webshots
New Build
Old Build
Unread 03-28-2009, 07:25 PM   #10
Alexia
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Ack! I got my tires yesterday and if I had known I would have headed out.

Build Project Thread
Rocker Guard Comparison Chart - Final Differential Gear Ratios - Oxygen Sensor FAQ
Alexia is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2009, 11:19 AM   #11
98muddyjeep
rockin lil red wagon

1998 XJ Cherokee 

put me on that list i would love to go open most weekends
Unread 03-30-2009, 01:17 PM   #12
dcorn
1998 XJ Cherokee 

You guys missed out. We had a group up there Mar 21-22 and had a blast. Great weather for both days of wheeling. Everyone kept breaking though, I was one of two in our group that didn't. Two u-joints, an LCA bracket, and a crossmember.
Unread 03-31-2009, 11:59 AM   #13
mg2000xj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Sounds like a fun day, what trails did you all run?
My Webshots
New Build
Old Build
Unread 03-31-2009, 02:44 PM   #14
dcorn
1998 XJ Cherokee 

We went all over the place. I don't know all the trails that well though, only been there twice. Did a lot of the blues down by Rock Creek on the first day, with a few blacks thrown in. I do know we went through trail 4 and yellow jacket, as well as the Quarry, snakebite, camelback, pizza rock, 1C in both directions, and we played around the hills near Lake Christie and drove through it as well. Me and the guy I was wheeling with both got stuck in 'black hole' and had to pull each other out.

I will say that if you want a challenge, camelback and trail 1C (run it both directions) were pretty damn difficult. They both consist of a line of humps back to back, so you are just going up and down about 5 times on each trail. I had some trouble on both, but made it through without a winch or help. I did have to get pulled off a rock at one point on camelback, and the other guy in his full size bronco needed to use his winch multiple times, even with dual lockers and 35's.

We also played around the comp course a bit at the end of the day. I decided to pick a line on one obstacle that I didn't even think I could do. It was a really steep concrete hill. First time I went up too slow and got all 4 wheels spinning. Tried it again a bit faster and drove straight up without a problem. Going down the other side was a different story. It was almost as steep, but way off camber. I truly thought I was gonna roll it. I think the guys watching me did too. Bad part was I was about 15 feet off the actual ground, so a 'flop' would have resulted in about 4-5 rolls down a bunch of huge rocks... It had to be the most scared I've ever been in the Jeep.

And because I'm a pic whore...

RTI ramp, not bad for short arms and no drop brackets. Shocks are limiting the droop.

Camelback I think

Bronco lost two u-joint caps at the very bottom of the quarry. Luckily he had a spare full shaft

Black hole. Check it out in the 2nd pic, it just looks like a small mud puddle until you drive in and sink lol. Would have made it through, but we both got hung up on a rock or stump right in the middle of the hole. The bronco pulled me out backwards and I drove around. I pulled him out forwards through it.

He let his wife drive over this big rock pile. She made it all the way across, then dropped the bronco right on the front diff on the last rock lol. They had to stack a few rocks and she just gunned it right over, dragging both pumpkins, but making it off. I let my girl drive around the comp course and the quarry a bit too, she did well.

Unread 04-01-2009, 11:47 PM   #15
mg2000xj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Looks like a lot of fun, nice jeep. Yellow Jacket Ridge and the blues and blacks around rock creek are some of my favorite trails.
My Webshots
New Build
Old Build

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.