Jeep Repair/Sale - Need Advice - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Jeep Repair/Sale - Need Advice

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 08-24-2009, 08:22 AM   #1
hahaderekface
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Jeep Repair/Sale - Need Advice

My check engine light came on again (ironically immediately after having the issue "fixed" at the stealership). Can anyone recommend a good place to have work done on my Jeep near Columbia, MD?

Also, I know that I'll be selling my Jeep in the very near future, so I'm torn over how much to put into it (for example, new tires) or being flexible on the price and letting the next owner customize the maintenance to their liking. Any thoughts on this one? It's a 2005 Wrangler Sport, navy blue with a black soft top and about 60K miles on it.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Unread 08-24-2009, 12:53 PM   #2
Dakotah
1999 TJ Wrangler 

The check engine light recently came on in my 99 TJ...A friend of mine plugged his computer into it and it showed there was a small leak in the charcoal canister. If there's an autozone near you, have them plug their comp into your Jeep to show what the cause(s) are, and they'll give you a print out (for free), but they won't reset the light...the dumbest things will set them off.
Unread 08-24-2009, 04:20 PM   #3
hahaderekface
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Great idea. I'll swing by there tonight and see what comes up. Since I'm just at about 60K I wouldn't be surprised if its a standard service notice of some kind.
Unread 08-27-2009, 01:16 PM   #4
Maryland95YJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

fill out your profile, that'll help people with the value thing.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.