jeep mechanic in Washington DC Metro area? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > jeep mechanic in Washington DC Metro area?

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueBest deals on Yukon Gears at JeepHut.comNeed Ace Engineering products? JeepHut has you covered.

Unread 12-14-2009, 07:55 PM   #1
deerhunter1911
1997 TJ Wrangler 

jeep mechanic in Washington DC Metro area?

Howdy jeepers! a friend of mine drives a Jeep Liberty and is having issues with it that her honda mechanic friend can't seem to fix. does anyone know a good Jeep mechanic in the Washington DC / Silver Spring, MD area? her Jeep has way too much "car stuff" in it for me to be of much help... thanks!

Red Jeep Club member # 389

FLY NAVY!
Unread 12-14-2009, 08:20 PM   #2
Boodyrider
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Pictures of said friend will allow us to better help.

84 CJ7; frame off restoration in progress.

The technical advice you get from me here is worth exactly what you paid me for it. Warranty issues will be reimbursed at double what you paid me for the advice.
Unread 12-14-2009, 08:32 PM   #3
deerhunter1911
1997 TJ Wrangler 

pictures of said friend implying that I myself am a Liberty owner, or, that if she's hot (which i suppose she is if you like super nice, butch lesbians...) you want pics? either way, i dont have any. lol

FLY NAVY!
Unread 12-14-2009, 09:14 PM   #4
mgaither0
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerhunter1911 View Post
pictures of said friend implying that I myself am a Liberty owner, or, that if she's hot (which i suppose she is if you like super nice, butch lesbians...) you want pics? either way, i dont have any. lol
haahahah to the dude wanting to know if shes hot the was a buzz kill and made it make a u turn all at once eehhh?
Unread 12-14-2009, 10:28 PM   #5
Veeb0rg
1995 XJ Cherokee 

whats the libby doin that the honda tech can't fix?
Unread 12-15-2009, 01:00 PM   #6
deerhunter1911
1997 TJ Wrangler 

well, its two things: she gets water all over the passenger side floor when it rains, but the door seals are all good, sunroof seals are good, roof on the inside isnt wet (so im assuming its not the aux lights either), and it doest happen with her AC running, so its not that either. also checked, and her cowl is more or less sealed, so i dont think it would be goop in there either. the thing has never seen anything but pavement, so i dont think its mud anywhere...so i have no idea where water's coming from, but im gonna try and go over there, sit inside, and have her hose the thing down to see if i can find a leak.

the other thing, her check engine light is on and i get code: "P0445: Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve Circuit Shorted" and am assuming this should be a relatively easy fix, but...i have no idea; i dont think my jeep has one of these! lol is it an easy fix, something i can get parts for and just replace, or is it, being a short, somewhat of a bigger issue?

FLY NAVY!
Unread 12-15-2009, 10:13 PM   #7
Veeb0rg
1995 XJ Cherokee 

for the leak, I'd check the sunroof drains. If they get clogged water will backup and go where ever it pleases.

as for the purge valve. Find the Evap canister, there should be a solenoid/valve stuck to the top of it. Check the wires to it and/or replace it. According to the searching I've done, it should be to the left of the battery. The thing is called a "Canister Purge Solenoid" for when calling around looking for the part.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/cat...&parentId=60-0 <autozone

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.