inspection in nj - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > inspection in nj

Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinGear Installs at CCOR SpecialSavvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in Stock

Unread 11-29-2007, 10:35 PM   #1
p0rkch0p

inspection in nj

im looking for a place in jersey that i can get my car inspected but they wont look at it any one know were i can find one

p0rkch0p is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2007, 09:16 PM   #2
p0rkch0p

no one knows anyone like this
Unread 12-02-2007, 04:31 PM   #3
mecompco
www.midcoastjeep.com

1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0rkch0p
no one knows anyone like this
Forgive me for pointing out that you are asking, on a public forum, for people to list garages willing to illegally pass a non-inspectable vehicle--possibly opening them up to loss of license, fines and/or imprisonment. I am rather taken aback that you seem surprised that no one has taken this opportunity to divulge on their favorite "lenient" inspection station.
Suspension: Old Man Emu 3" lift+OME AAL, JKS adjustable trackbar, QDs, LCAs UCAs, A.C.O.S., DPG Offroad adjustable bumpstop plate, Daystar poly bumpstops.
Steering: Currie HD steering, C-ROK steering box reinforcement, OME stabilizer.
Armor/Recovery: T&T Custom belly skid, Mopar gas tank skid, JKS LCA mini skids, Rock Lizard Super Skink Sliders, Mopar 2" receiver, ARB Bull Bar/Ramsey REP 8.5 winch.
Drive train: D30 front axle w/Superior Chromo D30 axles & outter seals, D/S 4.56 R&P, ARB locker, Ruff Stuff cover. Ford 8.8 rear axle w/Superior Super 88 kit, Ford Motor Sports 4.56 R&P, ARB locker, SOLID cover, Russell stainless lines. Front and rear Tom Woods HD drive shafts, 242 x-fer case w/Tom Woods SYE.
Tires/Wheels: 33x10.5x15 BFG Mud Terrains on Alcoas.
Misc: Garvin Wilderness rack, Safari Snorkel, Redline Tuning hood lifts.
Awaiting installation: Autometer A pillar gauge pod, oil, water, & tranny temp guages, PIAA driving lights, Goferit tie-rod flip bushing, '95 Brake booster and M/C, M.O.R.E. Motor mounts, TnT Custom 1.5" Shackle.
Stroker Project: HO Block, '99 intake manifold, bored TB, 1" TB spacer, Dynomax Blackjack Header, Permacool electric fan.
mecompco is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2007, 04:38 PM   #4
p0rkch0p

im not really asking to post it here maybe a pm
Unread 12-17-2007, 11:35 AM   #5
BlackBellamy
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I went through this hassle just last month. I was unable to find a "friendly" guy because apparently the state tightened down on the real fake stickers (like the dudes who would just print out a sticker for you, that's gone now - the stickers have some kind of crap in the center that makes them impossible to forge), so the guys who produce the real stickers have to keep all kinds of records or actually do the tests.

I had one guy jerking me around asking me to leave it overnight and he would look at it for a $100 and when I was talking to him and mentioned for example that my tires stuck out past the flare and if that would be a problem wink wink he couldn't give me an answer and started heeing and hawing, so I was like you mf, I'm going to give you a $100 so I can come back the next day and have you tell me sorry? I could get a failed sticker for free, thanks.

So I did what anyone would do. I bought a bunch of stock, beat to crap parts off Craigslist, I borrowed 4 lousy street tires a buddy had in his garage, swapped out some other stuff in my spare time, and went and drove my now-ridiculous looking rig down to the DMV and got an official sticker for free. They could have still failed me for not having mud flaps on a vehicle where the body is higher than half the tire, but they didn't notice. Then I spent an afternoon getting all illegal again. I spent a little more than $100 but at least I'm good to go for two years until I have to go through this bs again. At least then I'll already have the "passing" parts.

BTW, having your off-road lights duct taped counts as having them "covered".
The top and doors on this vehicle are designed only for protection against the elements. Do not rely on the top and doors to contain occupants within the vehicle or to protect against injury during an accident. Wear seatbelts at all times.
BlackBellamy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2007, 12:29 PM   #6
mferrari
DelmarvaOffroad.com

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bellamy
BTW, having your off-road lights duct taped counts as having them "covered".

That one got me!
Thanks to our Sponsors:
Delmarva Offroad - F-O-A Shocks - BD Turnkey Engine - Under Cover Fab - Jer-C Transmissions - Quigley Driveshafts

Delmarva Offroad
You call it rolling, we call it R&D! 443-951-JEEP
mferrari is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2007, 02:33 PM   #7
hollisterm

As Black Bellamy said,
I also had to go through this nonsense with my old Jeep when I was living in Jersey. According to the DMV, you have to go to certain special garages that test lifted trucks.
For each weight class of truck, there are restrictions on the amount of lift. A Wrangler is in one of the lowest weight classes, so I think it was something like 6" higher than stock. They measured it by opening the door and measuring the height difference from road to bottom of the door.
I had to put my tires on the stock rims since they stuck out, and had to get mud flaps installed, which was a pain. But it passed.
I didn't have to swap my 4" lift out, or put smaller tires on (I had 31" BFG ATs on I believe).
If you call the DMV, or stop by your local office, they'll give you the number to the nearest garage that does inspections on lifted vehicles. You'll have to make an appointment, so that's a hassle.
But good luck man.
hollisterm is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2007, 04:18 PM   #8
jaw41272
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Hollis is correct, but thats not what this guys lookin for, I had to register my ranger I used to have in NY due to those crazy regulations, insurance damn near killed me back then too. Now I have my jeep reg here to NY, instead of my place in Jersey for the same reason, not worth the hassle, only difference is that being older and married, my insurance is reasonable.
91 Sahara 4.0l Operation Welcome Home Parade Veh #69
PARADE JEEP MEMBER #1Auto posi-lok equipped, 4" susp. lift
K&N Drop in and loaded with battle scars
www.americaisfull.com
FOR SALE 2005 PT CRUISER CONVERTIBLE
2005 Suzuki DRZ400S For SALE
jaw41272 is offline   Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.