Hudson valley help, - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Hudson valley help,

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 12-09-2008, 04:52 AM   #1
sadass
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Hudson valley help,

I Thought this would be the best place to find someone in my area that could direct me to a Local shop that could allign my 5.9 98 Jeep ZJ. It has a 4 inch lift with 32,s. I want someone who that has experiance and will work with me to find a happy median between caster or camber and pinion angle, I have ask several shops but no one convinced me that they have delt with a modifyed Jeep. I already have to replace my front tires like ASAP and I do not want to blow thru a set of Mud tires in 6mo. again,. Thanks for the help. P.S I am new to the area and I look forward to meeting you in the area.

sadass is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2008, 05:45 AM   #2
alexxj

Check out central auto up in colonie. he's a great guy and will help ya out. Join up on adirondackjeeps.com and ask him, his username is centralauto Tell him Alex sent ya there
alexxj is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2008, 07:13 PM   #3
XJLI
1993 XJ Cherokee 

anything besides a full-on custom 4x4 shop wont touch aftermarket parts in my experience (like adj control arms). but doing an alignment on a stock or lifted ZJ is exactly the same. for caster, just get yourself an angle finder.

XJLI is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2008, 08:21 PM   #4
YJames90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Theres a shop in Newburgh that works on mostly Jeeps. Lift kits and everything else. Take 84 to Rte 300 to the end past home Depot towards the airport. When you get to the end turn right. Hes on the left not too far down
good luck

My 2.5 to 4.3 swap thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/4...begun-1237704/
YJames90 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2008, 08:47 PM   #5
sadass
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

thanks for the Input.
Unread 12-10-2008, 04:37 PM   #6
Kenbo-Slice
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesx2 View Post
Theres a shop in Newburgh that works on mostly Jeeps. Lift kits and everything else. Take 84 to Rte 300 to the end past home Depot towards the airport. When you get to the end turn right. Hes on the left not too far down
good luck
If your talking about Duke from JVS... Hes a great guy, but I'm not 100% sure if he does allignments. The shop is in New Windsor... 981 Little Brittian rd. I believe.
Kenbo-Slice is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2008, 08:04 PM   #7
YJames90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Yes . I couldnt remember his name. He hooked up my friends green Sahara this year

My 2.5 to 4.3 swap thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/4...begun-1237704/
YJames90 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2008, 09:04 PM   #8
NJHCx4xLIFE
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I see you have an OK 4wd sticker... I know they could get you hooked up too. I just map quested it and it is about 2 hours from you so its a bit of a hike but if all else fails you could go to them. I think you could most likely make an apt and wait while they do it.
NJHCx4xLIFE is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2008, 09:23 PM   #9
Kenbo-Slice
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I can give Duke a call tomorrow, and see if he does allignments... If not, I'm sure he knows someone who does.
Kenbo-Slice is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2008, 12:20 AM   #10
sadass
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Ok 4wd Is a shop I bought my previous arb bull bar and warn winch thru. They are a company I would love to continue to deal with. I used them when I lived In NJ. But for this I would rather not travel, I would like to be hooked up with someone close . And Slice, I would be grateful if you could call your guy for me, of give me the info and I will call . Poughkeepsie? I may have met you at advanced on 44/55. If so Hi! if not , Hi hope to see you around
Unread 12-14-2008, 09:49 AM   #11
ToxicTurtle

Extreme Vehicle Builders, in Danbury CT.

http://www.extremevehiclebuilder.com/

Good people, really support the wheeling community.

Talk soon,

Burned out Land Use guru....
ToxicTurtle is offline   Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.