Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

HELP WANTED Great American Jeep Rally 2009

662 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Schwalby 
#1 ·
HI ALL, We need your help!

We at the GAJR are all volunteers, We come together each year from different clubs to pull this one day event off in grand style. It all started with Baystate Jeepers and Northeast Jeep Organization and has grown so much that help has been coming from a bunch of different clubs, that's why we have the new forum! This year we're going to need help from even more. We are hoping to add a few new elements to the Rally, including an area for a swap meet, obstacle course and other cool stuff. Not to mention the recent addition of Ian Johnson from Xtreem 4x4 being in attendance, we may need crowd control. We also would like to not have people working all day. We're going to have shifts, This will hopefully allow all the volunteers to get a chance to walk around and take part in the activities. Shifts will be scheduled on paper and all will receive a copy. I'm hoping to split it up into three shifts, morning, midday and closing. Depending on how many volunteers we get some may get two shifts in different areas so at least your not doing the same thing all day. Again, it depends on the number of you who step forward to help us make this a grand day. Remember, It's all for charity!
We also need help the Saturday before to set-up.
I need to start an e-mail list to alert volunteers of important announcements and such. don't worry, I wont be filling your in-boxes with junk!

So, Please shoot me an e-mail at jeeprally@comcast.net with your name and if you have any special skillz (skills not needed) and what you'd like to do at the Rally (we'll try and accommodate that request) Even if you've volunteered in years past I still would like the e-mails and names so I can work on the schedule. Past volunteers please let me know what area you usually do and/or what you'd like to do.

BTW, Volunteers receive free food on set-up day and the day of the event, they take part in special volunteer raffles and have chances to win other cool stuff.

Thank YOU! Hope to hear from YOU soon.

Scott

GAJR Treasurer / Co-Chair

www.jeeprally.org

See less See more
#2 ·
The 2009 Volunteer list/schedule and assignments is in the volunteer section of the Rally forum. IF YOU have e-mailed us, or otherwise signed up to help with the JF, NE Jeep areas and your not in the volunteer section of the forum PLEASE PM Scott Daigle so we can get you into that area.

All Volunteer updates are in the "Volunteer" Section of the forum. You will not receive e-mail updates, It's just not feasible.

AGAIN, IF you can't see the volunteer section, and your a volunteer, PLEASE PM US ON THE RALLY WEBSITE!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.