Green Ridge State Forest - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Green Ridge State Forest

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-01-2009, 10:32 PM   #1
Mud-n-Beer
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Green Ridge State Forest

This is not a wheelin trip for me, just a getaway from the same ole same ole **** that I deal with every week. ( WORK )

I used to go up there with my old hunting buddys every Spring around this time. I was trying to get some of my friends to take another trip up there, but nobody wants to go, or they can't get time off.

I'm planing on going before the end of this month.

Camping in tents at a camp site. $10.00 a night.

We can even hit the easy off road trail that they have there, do some trout fishing, drink some beer, if you are a beer drinker, tell lies around a campfire, and just enjoy ourselves.

I love Green Ridge State Forest. Everytime I go there, I just don't want to come home. Ya wave to someone here, and they give you the finger, up there, everyone is very friendly, treat you like they know you.

Not too sure on dates yet. Either the third week of this month, or the last week. Any takers???

Unread 05-02-2009, 12:39 AM   #2
Veeb0rg
1995 XJ Cherokee 

depending on date, I'd be up.. possibly my brother too he's been wanting to get "offroad"
Unread 05-02-2009, 06:22 PM   #3
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I hear you on the friendly part of GreenRidge. I thought i was in a completely different state man. Me n my buddy hit the light off road trail and this jeep got behind us and followed us all the way through. Stppped where we stopped and had some good convos. I did not want to leave. I might be good for going i have to see my sched though

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
Unread 05-04-2009, 12:39 AM   #4
Mud-n-Beer
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Well, I'm planing on going to Green Ridge State Forest the last weekend of this month.

Last edited by Mud-n-Beer; 05-04-2009 at 02:07 AM..
Unread 05-04-2009, 03:43 PM   #5
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud-n-Beer View Post
Well, I'm planing on going to Green Ridge State Forest the last weekend of this month.
I was planning on going this sunday for the day if thats possible for you..sposed to be sunny and in the 70s

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
-Zach
Unread 05-05-2009, 09:17 AM   #6
Mud-n-Beer
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006sport View Post
I was planning on going this sunday for the day if thats possible for you..sposed to be sunny and in the 70s
Thanks for the offer, but I have other plans.

When I go up there, I like to stay there for a few days.
Unread 06-17-2009, 09:43 PM   #7
rarnol09
2001 XJ Cherokee 

anyone thinking about going late june? me and a friend want to break in some new parts and do some camping.
Unread 06-18-2009, 04:53 AM   #8
Mud-n-Beer
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarnol09 View Post
anyone thinking about going late june? me and a friend want to break in some new parts and do some camping.
If ya wanna break in some new parts, go to Rausch Creek Off Road Park. You can take the ORV trail in two wheel drive.

But if you want to do some very light wheeling, Green Ridge is the place to go, and the primative camping is great.
Unread 06-18-2009, 08:05 AM   #9
rarnol09
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Yea RC might be later in the summer. Wanted easy wheeling / trail ride and cheap camping. GRSF fits the bill
Unread 06-19-2009, 04:12 AM   #10
Mud-n-Beer
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarnol09 View Post
Yea RC might be later in the summer. Wanted easy wheeling / trail ride and cheap camping. GRSF fits the bill
I was supposed to go up there last month for some camping, but never went. Didn't want to take a chance with my Jeep since the axle seal still needs to be replaced.
Unread 06-23-2009, 09:15 AM   #11
energy0uth
1997 ZJ 

Just went there last Thursday....I have never really checked this part of the forum before but I had an amazing time for my first off-road trip. It was a blast. I posted it up in the JEEP stories but here is a shot of my stocker zj out there!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...74#post7458074

Unread 06-23-2009, 09:18 AM   #12
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by energy0uth View Post
Just went there last Thursday....I have never really checked this part of the forum before but I had an amazing time for my first off-road trip. It was a blast. I posted it up in the JEEP stories but here is a shot of my stocker zj out there!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...74#post7458074

I like that picture man. I love greenridge, even if its light wheeling (if that lol) I wanna go back soon, maybe next weekend

Quote:
-Zach
Unread 06-23-2009, 02:16 PM   #13
energy0uth
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
I like that picture man. I love greenridge, even if its light wheeling (if that lol) I wanna go back soon, maybe next weekend
no one believes me....but when I was unsure about where I was the rocks halfway through the trip got a little nerve racking. I LOVED IT haha
Unread 06-23-2009, 02:38 PM   #14
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah i know man. Up towards the top of the mountain? I loved that too. We should go up sometime...show you what makes the TJs better ahhah

Quote:
-Zach
Unread 06-23-2009, 02:45 PM   #15
energy0uth
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Yeah i know man. Up towards the top of the mountain? I loved that too. We should go up sometime...show you what makes the TJs better ahhah
YES! haha my girlfriend was like O' it's so pretty, which it was, then she looks down the trail like babe...babe...o' ****

I am ready to go again

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.