Freetown Forest - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Freetown Forest

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

 
Unread 04-22-2009, 07:49 PM   #16
allanmacaulay
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Wareham, MA
Posts: 165
I want to go out there too. I don't know any one who knows the area so ive never been

__________________
"Tonka" 2000 TJ, Solar Yellow 4.0, 31" M/T's


http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...&id=1241460067
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Some of my Jeep Pics
allanmacaulay is offline  
Unread 10-11-2009, 09:53 PM   #17
TJ_Jeeper_97
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 106
Ok, so since my last post ive been quite a few times. Really great place. True the roads are not Moab, but theyre fun nonetheless.

I have seen a few side trails and before I knew not to, I went down one for maybe 200 feet. wayyyyyy too much for my (then) stock TJ. Im lifted on 31s now and its sooo much better lol

Its a great place, and if you stay on those roads, ull have no problems at all. With a little detective work, you can find roads that are still legal, and much more challenging than the commonly used roads. Just went on one today as a matter of fact

Take a ride down there and get a map. Check out Copicut and some other roads and see if you like them. I saw a few guys out there today, and actually one was kind enough to join me on a few roads Id never been down before. Gave me a can of fix-a-flat too just in case

if ur curious as to what it looks like, I have a few vids on youtube. CherokeeJeeper99

or check out my site, jeep-zombie.yolasite.com

See you in Freetown!
__________________
97 TJ---31s, Custom Snorkel, 2'' lift, 4' firestik, hood mounted lightbar, body damage...
Ronin Wheelers of New England
TJ_Jeeper_97 is offline  
Unread 10-11-2009, 10:59 PM   #18
WashbardBand
Registered User
1994 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Mass
Posts: 175
I live right near the forest Im always in there if anyone wants too meet sometime up pm me
WashbardBand is offline  
Unread 10-11-2009, 11:11 PM   #19
savexourxship
Member
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Bedford, MA
Posts: 153
We should start a south eastern mass club or something. I never have anyone to trail with. We should goto the ledge and try and summon the infamous Pukwudgiea haha. Really tho i'm down to go whenever. And just for future reference on the fines. $250 per person in vehicle if caught on the power or gas lines.
savexourxship is offline  
Unread 10-11-2009, 11:40 PM   #20
WashbardBand
Registered User
1994 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Mass
Posts: 175
the puckwudgie lol i read about that i stay off the power lines and such but feel free to pm me maybe we can get out
WashbardBand is offline  
Unread 10-12-2009, 08:55 AM   #21
heep1991
Registered User
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Posts: 259
Yea I'm down to go out there... I just got 1 thing to do to Jeep before I head out there and its a small project. Take my subs out of Jeep, the box I made was supposed to be water prof but I had a few leaks and the wood swelled up like a Tick.

Actually I'm go take them out today. So maybe hit the trails Saturday?
__________________
1991 YJ 2.5L - SOLD
2006 Jeep Commander 6cyl - SOLD
2007 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon 3.8L
heep1991 is offline  
Unread 10-12-2009, 02:06 PM   #22
WashbardBand
Registered User
1994 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Mass
Posts: 175
Saturday sounds cool...I went for a blast in there today
WashbardBand is offline  
Unread 10-12-2009, 02:16 PM   #23
savexourxship
Member
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Bedford, MA
Posts: 153
Hahahhahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ_Jeeper_97 View Post
Ok, so since my last post ive been quite a few times. Really great place. True the roads are not Moab, but theyre fun nonetheless.

I have seen a few side trails and before I knew not to, I went down one for maybe 200 feet. wayyyyyy too much for my (then) stock TJ. Im lifted on 31s now and its sooo much better lol

Its a great place, and if you stay on those roads, ull have no problems at all. With a little detective work, you can find roads that are still legal, and much more challenging than the commonly used roads. Just went on one today as a matter of fact

Take a ride down there and get a map. Check out Copicut and some other roads and see if you like them. I saw a few guys out there today, and actually one was kind enough to join me on a few roads Id never been down before. Gave me a can of fix-a-flat too just in case

if ur curious as to what it looks like, I have a few vids on youtube. CherokeeJeeper99

or check out my site, jeep-zombie.yolasite.com

See you in Freetown!
I just watched the Jurassic Park one, nice. That part that you start out on is the deepest area on Copicut Road. Be careful though, at the northern end of that water is some kind of piping that cuts across. Its huge, and easy to bottom out on. Done it myself
savexourxship is offline  
Unread 10-12-2009, 09:06 PM   #24
TJ_Jeeper_97
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by savexourxship View Post
I just watched the Jurassic Park one, nice. That part that you start out on is the deepest area on Copicut Road. Be careful though, at the northern end of that water is some kind of piping that cuts across. Its huge, and easy to bottom out on. Done it myself
Yeah lol I went thru that puddle once and had water in the floorpans for the day lol

Thanks for checking out the vids!!!

I too would like to see about starting a club around here. Western MA is too far for me and Ocean State Jeepsters isnt accepting lol

Hey, why dont we have some sort of impromptu Jeep Gathering there sometime?

Make it a 4x4 BBQ or something. Im still waiting to hear if the roads are open for us in winter........

**Edit** just checked my own thread lol savexourxship says its open to the public. Thanks!!!
__________________
97 TJ---31s, Custom Snorkel, 2'' lift, 4' firestik, hood mounted lightbar, body damage...
Ronin Wheelers of New England
TJ_Jeeper_97 is offline  
Unread 10-12-2009, 09:33 PM   #25
WashbardBand
Registered User
1994 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Mass
Posts: 175
yah a get together sounds good ...im always going by myself would be nice to have a few people to go
WashbardBand is offline  
Unread 10-12-2009, 10:06 PM   #26
TJ_Jeeper_97
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by WashbardBand View Post
yah a get together sounds good ...im always going by myself would be nice to have a few people to go
as long as the area is legal, im cool with it. I always have gone alone too but on sunday I ran into a few people for once. one even stopped and gave me a can of fix a flat lol I thought I popped a tire.

lookin to join a club too. baystate jeepers, freedom trail riders, western ma 4x4...any info? WM4x4 is kind of a hike for me...need...closer...
__________________
97 TJ---31s, Custom Snorkel, 2'' lift, 4' firestik, hood mounted lightbar, body damage...
Ronin Wheelers of New England
TJ_Jeeper_97 is offline  
Unread 10-14-2009, 02:26 PM   #27
heep1991
Registered User
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Posts: 259
Yea I'm all set for Saturday. I have the doors and top off, maybe I should put it on.. Anyone want to set a time and place?

I also watched the video's. I always wanted to get a club together here and just ride some trails and what not. I tried OSJ and they stopped accepting or shut down and Western MA is way to far for a 4 banger on 33's.
__________________
1991 YJ 2.5L - SOLD
2006 Jeep Commander 6cyl - SOLD
2007 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon 3.8L
heep1991 is offline  
Unread 10-14-2009, 02:42 PM   #28
savexourxship
Member
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Bedford, MA
Posts: 153
I would go, but my jeep is FUBAR for another week or so, until I get time to work on it.
savexourxship is offline  
Unread 10-14-2009, 04:11 PM   #29
ToxicTurtle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Guilford, CT
Posts: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by heep1991 View Post
Yea I'm all set for Saturday. I have the doors and top off, maybe I should put it on.. Anyone want to set a time and place?

I also watched the video's. I always wanted to get a club together here and just ride some trails and what not. I tried OSJ and they stopped accepting or shut down and Western MA is way to far for a 4 banger on 33's.
The thing about most clubs in New England is that we all have to travel to western MA, southern VT, NH... to go wheeling. There is no public wheeling available in CT, although our club has access to several parcels here in CT.
I'm not aware of any clubs that have access to any private land in eastern MA.

The unfortunate fact is that if you want to wheel (and not at the same place over and over) you'll have to travel.

Talk soon,
__________________
David Brill
Guilford, CT.

Burned out Land Use guru....
ToxicTurtle is offline  
Unread 10-14-2009, 05:43 PM   #30
heep1991
Registered User
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Posts: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicTurtle View Post
The thing about most clubs in New England is that we all have to travel to western MA, southern VT, NH... to go wheeling. There is no public wheeling available in CT, although our club has access to several parcels here in CT.
I'm not aware of any clubs that have access to any private land in eastern MA.

The unfortunate fact is that if you want to wheel (and not at the same place over and over) you'll have to travel.

Talk soon,
Yea maybe I just need to get a hitch together and tow the damn thing to places.
__________________
1991 YJ 2.5L - SOLD
2006 Jeep Commander 6cyl - SOLD
2007 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon 3.8L
heep1991 is offline  
 
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.