Finger Lakes NY - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Finger Lakes NY

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 02-20-2010, 11:12 PM   #1
jepmn03
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Finger Lakes NY

Anybody wheel in the Seneca Falls area of NY? Here for school and lookin for some weekend wheelin

()_)-()_)--o-)_)
Unread 02-20-2010, 11:27 PM   #2
ritjobbie
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Your best bet is Whispering Pines Hideaway (WPH) which is just a few minutes north of Geneva (about a mile or two north of the Thruway on 14). Public land that is legally wheelable is hard to come by in NYS...

FWIW, a local club is having a sort of "Wheeling 101" event at WPH in a few months. Mudnuts is a pretty cool group and members' rigs run the whole gamut from stock to insane. Super friendly bunch of guys AND gals.

Tomorrow (Sunday) there is a legal poker run in/near Bath.

The best real wheeling you'll find is at Rausch Creek, about 3-4 hours south in PA. Unless you find someone with land.

You going to school at HWS? Or the chiropractor school?
Unread 02-20-2010, 11:31 PM   #3
jepmn03
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Chiro school . I go to RC alot but since i am gonna be here this summer i wanted to find a few spots close by. Some of the guys who work here told me about WPH but I didnt look into it too much.
()_)-()_)--o-)_)
Unread 02-21-2010, 12:12 AM   #4
ritjobbie
1995 YJ Wrangler 

WPH is fun, but it's not too big. You can cover the whole park before lunch if you keep a good pace and stay out of the deeeeep mud holes. There are plenty of places to play, but there is also a TON of mud. Most of the mud is pretty avoidable, but it's some of the most foul and devastating mud I've ever come across. Not many rocks to crawl around on. Regardless, I end up there a few times a year with our club out of RIT. I think it's $25 per driver, $5/passenger. It's definitely not RC.

Kind of a haul from exit 42, but there is an every-other-Friday or something meet in/near Spencerport when the weather is nicer. I've been meaning to go for a few years but never got around to it. Basically it's someone with some land that carved out some trails.
Unread 02-21-2010, 12:22 AM   #5
jepmn03
2005 TJ Wrangler 

ya not a huge fan of mud. nothin but problems but hey its somewhere to kill a saturday. Better than being here studying. Send me a message if you are ever heading there. I can give you my number/text too.. thanks aot for the info
()_)-()_)--o-)_)

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.