Feb 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Run Photos - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Feb 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Run Photos

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 02-03-2007, 07:38 PM   #1
tommaho
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Feb 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Run Photos

Here are some photos of Fridays run. Kyle, Jamie, and I met up with Oz and headed out at around 9:45. We hit 15 to check out the trail conditions and see what the snow would have in store for us. Things were slick, but we decided to go onto 00 and spent the rest of our day there.

This is where we later realized we heard Kyle's spiders blow. We heard the noise, looked at each other, and shrugged it off.

Unread 02-03-2007, 08:01 PM   #2
tommaho
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Saturdays turnout was simply HUGE. There's no other way to explain it.

Ok, if you look at this picture and think to yourself "um, ok, wtf?", then you understand exactly how our day went on the trails.

Coming up turtle at around 2:00, we hit the first group of about 12 stockers who couldnt even make it DOWN the trail. We were pissed at them, but to be fair you could've run a bobsled down that hill.

We passed them in the woods and got just enough momentum to carry us up the section where you're driving along the cliff and the ground falls away to your right. Just around that bend, there was ANOTHER group of mostly stockers trying to get off the trail in front of us - the yellow TJ was one of them.

That spot of the trail was so slick that we lost all forward movement. If we broke the tires free, we were sliding rearward. Scott and Nicholas were in the rear and once we stopped they started sliding right toward that steep dropoff, all four spinning forward. If he says he didn't leave pucker marks in his seat I think he's lying.

Scott winched up that section of the trail, I winched from the trees right behind where the yellow TJ was, and Kyle shot off an axle shaft joint cap spinning up the hill behind me. Once we moved ahead 50' or so, we ended up daisy chaining all 3 rigs. Scott hooked to Kyle, Kyle strapped to me, and me winching us all up the hill.

We didn't get any pics, because anyone outside a jeep was too busy either staying upright on the slick stuff or pulling winch rope. Thanks again to Craig, Jamie, and Nicholas for that.

Good Times.

Last edited by tommaho; 02-03-2007 at 08:37 PM..
tommaho is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2007, 08:12 PM   #3
neZZr
Lifted/Locked/Rolled/Sunk

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Awesome to see so many rigs show up in support... I really wish I could have made it

Did you guys remember to pick me up a Paragon hoodie?

I'll be Savvy someday!
neZZr is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2007, 08:12 PM   #4
ZgreatJ
Rain Man

That was a great turnout if I do say. I could only begin to imagine how Scott felt slipping back to the dropoff. I sure wish I could have made it. I'll be kicking myself for a while for missing it.
RIG#1 96 Forest Green ZJ Laredo-4.0 I6 242
GREEN JEEP CLUB MEMBER #136
Kevin's 4.5 lift-Kevin's Rock Sliderz-Custom 4X4 Fab Front Winch Bumper-T Max EWI 10000 winch-32X10.50-15 Super Swamper TSL Radials on US Wheel 15X8 Black Steelies-OME SS-Rusty's steering conversion-SOLD
Currently- 98 ZJ Limited-99 XJ Classic-Both stock for now
ZgreatJ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2007, 08:15 PM   #5
neZZr

2005 TJ Wrangler 

So... next weekend we go wheel there for free!

Kidding of course.

I'll be Savvy someday!
Unread 02-03-2007, 08:19 PM   #6
ZgreatJ
Rain Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by neZZr
So... next weekend we go wheel there for free!

Kidding of course.
That sounds like a plan Nick. Besides, who would be able to catch us. Not the security guards they might have there. It'll probably be sitting vacant for months before they start anything.
RIG#1 96 Forest Green ZJ Laredo-4.0 I6 242
GREEN JEEP CLUB MEMBER #136
Kevin's 4.5 lift-Kevin's Rock Sliderz-Custom 4X4 Fab Front Winch Bumper-T Max EWI 10000 winch-32X10.50-15 Super Swamper TSL Radials on US Wheel 15X8 Black Steelies-OME SS-Rusty's steering conversion-SOLD
Currently- 98 ZJ Limited-99 XJ Classic-Both stock for now
ZgreatJ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2007, 08:26 PM   #7
SpoolinU

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZgreatJ
It'll probably be sitting vacant for months before they start anything.
Soooooo upsetting
SpoolinU is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2007, 08:35 PM   #8
TellyDSP
Poland and PPV!!!!
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by neZZr
Did you guys remember to pick me up a Paragon hoodie?
We tried, but all they had left were Smalls. No offense, but we didnt think that'd work.

SIRA4x4 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples
n00bs bashing n00bs, it's a pitifull thing.
TellyDSP is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2007, 08:43 PM   #9
neZZr

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TellyDSP
We tried, but all they had left were Smalls. No offense, but we didnt think that'd work.
Are you kidding? Damn... they had dozens last week.

I'll be Savvy someday!
Unread 02-03-2007, 08:54 PM   #10
Sahara01
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I had a good time, started out running with the "Slacker's", we ran into the traffic on turtle, cut out on 4, hit coal road, went to Trail 25.
It was slow going, Archie Verone called me, said they were on Pipebender, he ended up running up to where we were on 25, I cut out and we went down to Whompum....ran into 1 rig with a swaybar issue, another with a blown tire and after the turn at the bottom, no one could make it up an icy spot in the hill.

I let Jessie of Apple Hill drive my rig from 25 on....we ended up turning around and running down to the play area where we started doing donut's. One comp rig (locked front and rear) was going off the rev. limiter, Jessie and I watched and I and Jessie agreed that he was gonna break something.....as soon as we said that, snap. Off came his right front wheel.

We ended going up and running Chicken Run, came out and ran into a group on Drumstick. So, we ran Drumstick, watched a buggie trying to get up the rock face at the top. He tried about ten times....once he was out of our way, we tried once or twice, got our line straight and drove right up....spank to the buggy Ended the day on Drumstick.

Went back to the office so Archie could load up....they headed out and the office said there was a cherokee stuck in a deep water hole at the top of Valley Road, they asked me to go get him. I asked Earl (Paragon Guide) to come with me...we ran past agout 100 rigs coming down valley.

When we got to the hole, there's the cherokee...they had a guy with a 12,000lb winch on a log skidder 4x4 that couldn't get him out. There was about 30 people there and someone was breaking out a high lift...I said nope, I will pull him from the front....hooked up the winch and out he came. Followed the group back down Valley and we come across 3 jeeps, last one running, no drivers in sight.
I joked to Earl that Paragon just got hit by UFO's...we found the guy's walking out of Death Valley. Followed them out of the park...

I concluded the day helping Kyle unloading one of the storage trailers of stuff so he could take it to his house for storage. Made one last donation and headed home.
Shortbus Offroad Team #242
sponsored by
www.rockkrawler.com, GOODYEAR TIRES, http://www.browndogoffroad.com/ , Solid Axle Industries, Genright,
Sahara01 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2007, 09:11 PM   #11
Sahara01
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommaho
Here are some photos of Fridays run. Kyle, Jamie, and I met up with Oz and headed out at around 9:45. We hit 15 to check out the trail conditions and see what the snow would have in store for us. Things were slick, but we decided to go onto 00 and spent the rest of our day there.

This is where we later realized we heard Kyle's spiders blow. We heard the noise, looked at each other, and shrugged it off.

I had a blast with you guy's on Friday. 00 was indeed a challange !
sponsored by
www.rockkrawler.com, GOODYEAR TIRES, http://www.browndogoffroad.com/ , Solid Axle Industries, Genright,
Unread 02-04-2007, 08:14 PM   #12
tommaho
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahara01
I had a blast with you guy's on Friday. 00 was indeed a challange !
http://paragonap.com/forum/showpost....3&postcount=81

Have a story from today to tell us about?
Unread 02-04-2007, 08:29 PM   #13
nierace
2003 WJ 

Glad to hear you guys had a fun time...

At first when I saw the TJ I thought you were going to say people were making new trails since I'm sure PAP doesn't care anymore

Winched up turtle huh ?
sira4x4.net North East Offroad Club
www.carolinadriveline.com
www.ironrockoffroad.com
kolak@aol.com
nierace is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2007, 08:33 PM   #14
Sahara01
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Well, we were on the bottom of Valley, they said there was a group stuck up the hill, and a guy with a busted U-joint, and a group behind him. We were told to turn around, that no one could make it up. I was in front of Earl (our guide). He told me to go ahead of him, an Explorer was in front of me....it was Skunk, I know his truck from around town. He didn't tell any of us he was the one that broke the U-joint...and an outer axle in the front. He was headed up the hill and I followed, Earl and the rest of the guy's behind me....next thing ya know he's coming back at me, he's full throttle on the gas and sliding backwards...I tried backing up but Earl was behind me, and the rest of the group.....

I backed as far as I could with out hitting Earl and then there was nowhere to go...next thing ya know he slammed into the front of me....my stinger basically wiped out the whole lower part of his tailgate.....we stopped (of course) and both got out. No damage to me. No way he was gonna make the hill, so we got him back off to the side, I hooded up the strap and towed him to Coal Road....I felt bad, but nothing I could do, and actually if Earl had been behind him, he probobly would have taken out the front of Earls jeep, including his radiator....

I just wish he would have said something to one of us, we could have just pulled him up.........
sponsored by
Unread 02-04-2007, 08:40 PM   #15
tommaho
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahara01
I just wish he would have said something to one of us, we could have just pulled him up.........
Yeah, sounds to me like your stinger saved someone else from day-ending damage. Nothing you could've done.

After you guys turned around Drew and I flew right up that section. I needed some throttle, but it wasn't bad with a little momentum. It was NOTHING compared to turtle yesterday.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.