Dutchess Dodge Service Team Are Crooks - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Dutchess Dodge Service Team Are Crooks

Huge Soft top SaleUSA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-06-2009, 10:09 AM   #1
bsteeves86
2009 JK Wrangler 

Dutchess Dodge Service Team Are Crooks

Took my 09' Wrangler into service as the engine has developed a slight ping. Took the technician for a drive and claimed it was my clutch but that he had to look at it further. Finally the service manager claimed that the engine had to be replaced and that the clutch had to be replaced.

He claimed the clutch was slipping and that the car was barely driveable. I believed him and decided to leave the car. Later that evening a friend of mine wanted to look at the car because he thought it didn't sound right. This friend is also a dealer and is very knowledgeable. I called the service manager and told him to get the ready because I was coming to pick it up. When I got in the car the clutch was smoked and my car stunk to high heavens. I went back into the service department and the manager told me that two techincians took the car out and they barely made it back. The manager pleaded that I not take the car as I would barely make it ten miles. I took it anyway and the car is completely fine and the clutch is not slipping in the least.

I have filed an official complaint with Jeep and am still waiting to hear back.

What other recourse should I take?

Unread 12-06-2009, 03:30 PM   #2
jay1335
1996 XJ Cherokee 

What ended up being wrong with the jeep?
Unread 12-06-2009, 03:39 PM   #3
purplepig
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

so the clutch was smoked when you picked it up and now it is fine????
I learned first hand that they do rip you off.
If you just sit in the waiting room and overhear the conversations between the customer and service people it is sickening. They really try to get one over on the women. It is amazing how every woman's car in there needed the throttle body cleaned.
Unread 12-08-2009, 05:18 PM   #4
bsteeves86
2009 JK Wrangler 

Took the Jeep to another dealer and they told me the Jeep is completely fine.
Unread 12-08-2009, 06:07 PM   #5
purplepig
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

wow! keep us updated on what happens with your complaint. I should have filed a complaint when they screwed me over.
Unread 12-10-2009, 06:40 PM   #6
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

nice to hear on staying away from Dutchess doge. I would check out Park motors in Newburgh... I don't know how far they are from you, but they are very good, and deal with Jeeps a lot.

btw, it is a Jeep, not a car.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.