Dutchess County, NY help ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Dutchess County, NY help ?

Clayton Off Road WJ Skid Plate TestingIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!

Unread 10-22-2009, 11:13 AM   #1
nphunter55
2005 XJ Cherokee 

Dutchess County, NY help ?

Hello all, im new to the jeep world but have done some work now to mine. I have a 2005 jeep laredo V6 with the quad I system. I have noticed though my pinion seal is leaking. now ive done tons of searching on the forums and decided that i would like it to be fixed according to haynes, which involves the use of an inch/lb torque wrench to measure the torque to rotating pinion flange. I also would like to replace the crush seal i think that only makes sense. I can not do the work myself due to not having the proper torque wrench inch/lb. I called jeep to see how they perform the job and i was told they only replace the pinion seal and torque down too spec, they do not then check rotation torque. so now to my question does anyone know of a tech in the dutchess county area that does the job by the book and replaces the crush sleeve? I have always done my own work so i do not know were to start ? any help is appreciated. thanks in advance !

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.