Dutchess County, NY help ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Dutchess County, NY help ?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectThanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O

Unread 10-22-2009, 12:13 PM   #1
nphunter55
2005 XJ Cherokee 

Dutchess County, NY help ?

Hello all, im new to the jeep world but have done some work now to mine. I have a 2005 jeep laredo V6 with the quad I system. I have noticed though my pinion seal is leaking. now ive done tons of searching on the forums and decided that i would like it to be fixed according to haynes, which involves the use of an inch/lb torque wrench to measure the torque to rotating pinion flange. I also would like to replace the crush seal i think that only makes sense. I can not do the work myself due to not having the proper torque wrench inch/lb. I called jeep to see how they perform the job and i was told they only replace the pinion seal and torque down too spec, they do not then check rotation torque. so now to my question does anyone know of a tech in the dutchess county area that does the job by the book and replaces the crush sleeve? I have always done my own work so i do not know were to start ? any help is appreciated. thanks in advance !

nphunter55 is offline   Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.