central massachusetts/worcester area - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > central massachusetts/worcester area

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 09-06-2009, 11:45 AM   #1
camxxxl
1995 XJ Cherokee 

central massachusetts/worcester area

anyone around here?

Unread 09-07-2009, 05:27 AM   #2
Smtty58
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Yeh, there's a bunch of us in that area.

Western Mass. 4x4
Unread 09-11-2009, 03:22 PM   #3
mbarros
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Anyone know any good trails in the area?
Unread 09-12-2009, 05:02 PM   #4
VermonterLost

I'm in Fitchburg.

Same question as mbarros, any trails AT ALL?!? My old Jeep almost never saw pavement, my new ones never been off road. I'd love to hit a trail or 2 before the snow flies!
Unread 09-13-2009, 10:47 AM   #5
ToxicTurtle

There is no longer anything good in that area.
Go west young men... The only good wheeling left is either A) on private land or B) a couple of select town roads out in the Berkshire region.
Overuse and/or misuse have pretty much shut down all the good places. Our inability as a community to truly band together and speak up in unison against our state governments has made sure that we will not see anything new nor will these old places ever be open or available again. It will also make sure that the greenies get their way and that we will soon loose what little are left.

Join a club, as for now, they are the ones with legal, private lands to use.

Talk soon,

Burned out Land Use guru....
Unread 09-23-2009, 11:52 AM   #6
skiro98
2007 JK Wrangler 

I'm from Woostah. Years ago (around 1992) used to take my 76 cherokee chief thru Rutland state park. Now that I have a JK - all but the main path thru seems to be gated off.

So there's nothing left???

Steve
Unread 09-23-2009, 02:27 PM   #7
Badassbabe98
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Im from Rutland. There are still some things out that way in the state park, just not very much more than flat dirt roads with a couple small ruts here and there. The best stuff even close to that area that you'd be allowed to run is in Petersham/Gardner and just about every town in between. Ive been on so many trails in that area I forget where most of them even are!!
Unread 09-24-2009, 06:59 AM   #8
VermonterLost

Not to sound rude but I'd love it if you COULD remember where a couple of them are. Gardner's about 15 minutes down the road from me and I'd love to hit at least one trail before winter.
Unread 09-25-2009, 11:30 AM   #9
Badassbabe98
1998 TJ Wrangler 

well there isnt much that compares to mountain trails around here unless you head out to western mass or to NH. Just some very basic dirt roads with a few ruts/mud puddles. they're mostly just old abandoned old cart paths...
Unread 09-25-2009, 07:33 PM   #10
vwmaniacx
1999 WJ 

Not to thread jack, butttt.. Badassbabe98, how long have you been running that 35 with the 36's on it? lol

Western Mass 4x4
Unread 09-27-2009, 05:22 PM   #11
OldYellowXJ
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badassbabe98 View Post
Im from Rutland. There are still some things out that way in the state park, just not very much more than flat dirt roads with a couple small ruts here and there. The best stuff even close to that area that you'd be allowed to run is in Petersham/Gardner and just about every town in between. Ive been on so many trails in that area I forget where most of them even are!!

OMG Tina! Hi how are ya!
Unread 09-28-2009, 09:20 AM   #12
Rafikie
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I'm in Lunenburg and like Dave said there is nothing in this area left to wheel on that is legal. Yes there are plenty of pits and what not that sure look like they'd be fun, but there all off limits unless you know the owner and can get written permission direct from them. There are however a few really good spots within about a hours drive, but again you need to be in a club that has access to those properties.

Illegal wheeling is the root cause of this sports decay. If your not sure if it's legal to wheel; stay off the property and just because you might see another group coming out or going in a trail doesn't necessarily mean it's ok.
Unread 09-28-2009, 09:51 AM   #13
Badassbabe98
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwmaniacx View Post
Not to thread jack, butttt.. Badassbabe98, how long have you been running that 35 with the 36's on it? lol
Actually, it's only been about 6 months but I haven't really taken it easy on it, LOL. I've taken the Jeep out for some serious wheeling trips probably at least 5 or 6 times since I put it together. I've also put about 3k+ miles on the tires and jeep since the build was completely finished in May. I don't know if I'd be having the same luck if I didnt weld the tubes though, LOL

Last edited by Badassbabe98; 09-28-2009 at 10:04 AM..
Unread 09-28-2009, 09:52 AM   #14
Badassbabe98
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldYellowXJ View Post
OMG Tina! Hi how are ya!
Good and you?? Who's this? LOL
Unread 09-28-2009, 09:59 AM   #15
Badassbabe98
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafikie View Post
I'm in Lunenburg and like Dave said there is nothing in this area left to wheel on that is legal. Yes there are plenty of pits and what not that sure look like they'd be fun, but there all off limits unless you know the owner and can get written permission direct from them. There are however a few really good spots within about a hours drive, but again you need to be in a club that has access to those properties.

Illegal wheeling is the root cause of this sports decay. If your not sure if it's legal to wheel; stay off the property and just because you might see another group coming out or going in a trail doesn't necessarily mean it's ok.
Exactly! We have permission to run everywhere we've been and I'm sorry, but I cant share that info with anyone that I dont know....I just can't trust that everyone would take care of the areas as I do unless I have wheeled with them or met them in person. There's just way too many out there that dont care...

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.