Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

central massachusetts/worcester area

10K views 26 replies 15 participants last post by  savvypower 
#1 ·
anyone around here?

#5 ·
There is no longer anything good in that area.
Go west young men... The only good wheeling left is either A) on private land or B) a couple of select town roads out in the Berkshire region.
Overuse and/or misuse have pretty much shut down all the good places. Our inability as a community to truly band together and speak up in unison against our state governments has made sure that we will not see anything new nor will these old places ever be open or available again. It will also make sure that the greenies get their way and that we will soon loose what little are left.

Join a club, as for now, they are the ones with legal, private lands to use.

Talk soon,

#7 ·
Im from Rutland. There are still some things out that way in the state park, just not very much more than flat dirt roads with a couple small ruts here and there. The best stuff even close to that area that you'd be allowed to run is in Petersham/Gardner and just about every town in between. Ive been on so many trails in that area I forget where most of them even are!!

#13 · (Edited)
Actually, it's only been about 6 months but I haven't really taken it easy on it, LOL. I've taken the Jeep out for some serious wheeling trips probably at least 5 or 6 times since I put it together. I've also put about 3k+ miles on the tires and jeep since the build was completely finished in May. I don't know if I'd be having the same luck if I didnt weld the tubes though, LOL

#12 ·
I'm in Lunenburg and like Dave said there is nothing in this area left to wheel on that is legal. Yes there are plenty of pits and what not that sure look like they'd be fun, but there all off limits unless you know the owner and can get written permission direct from them. There are however a few really good spots within about a hours drive, but again you need to be in a club that has access to those properties.

Illegal wheeling is the root cause of this sports decay. If your not sure if it's legal to wheel; stay off the property and just because you might see another group coming out or going in a trail doesn't necessarily mean it's ok.

#15 ·
Exactly! We have permission to run everywhere we've been and I'm sorry, but I cant share that info with anyone that I dont know....I just can't trust that everyone would take care of the areas as I do unless I have wheeled with them or met them in person. There's just way too many out there that dont care...

#23 ·
i know its an older thread but im from fitchburg too, theres some good wheeling out here ya just need to find it...maybe drive a little bit. let me know when you guys want to do a run...

#27 ·
the wheeling i was talking about is on private land that i had permission to drive on..but anyways like you guys are saying your best bet is to join a club. i went on a run with patriot jeepers and it was a great club but unfortunately my heep was either broken or i didn't have time to go on their runs.
thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.