catskills... "kanape jeep trail"?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > catskills... "kanape jeep trail"??

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Alloy USA Still Available

Unread 09-13-2009, 07:48 PM   #1
XaphanZ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

catskills... "kanape jeep trail"??

trying to find some info about the "kanape jeep trail", but not much coming in in searches on the net. from what i can find, it's a place between the ashokan and rondout resevoirs near peekamoose/sundown/blue hole.
has anyone heard of this place before?

Unread 09-14-2009, 05:59 PM   #2
mgtsldr
1994 YJ Wrangler 

No i havent, but I go to school near there so I would be interested if there is!
Unread 09-14-2009, 07:57 PM   #3
XaphanZ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

ask around @ school. maybe some of the teachers or students know something. if you look at google earth or google maps, it pops up with a little thumb tack push pin icon thingy, but no info about it. if all else fails, i'm gonna take a ride the week-end after next and start asking some of the locals.
Unread 09-15-2009, 07:32 AM   #4
XJLI
1993 XJ Cherokee 

hmmm i'll check my gazetteer when im home later. pretty close to me as well.

Unread 09-15-2009, 07:38 AM   #5
XJLI
1993 XJ Cherokee 

the google shows thats its a hiking/biking trail... typical of all of the trails in the hudson valley, good jeep roads closed and turned into 'hiking trails' when most of them are pretty rough and not hikeable since they were cut with jeeps in mind.

Unread 09-15-2009, 12:27 PM   #6
XaphanZ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

i'm gonna take a ride up there anyways and see whats up. it's got jeep in its name.... i just can't help myself. if i find any hikers or bikers they better watch out!!
Unread 09-15-2009, 01:33 PM   #7
XJLI
1993 XJ Cherokee 

though i advise you to watch out, the greenies can get quite upset easily

Unread 09-15-2009, 09:03 PM   #8
XaphanZ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

i'll confuse them with words 0:-)
Unread 09-17-2009, 09:37 AM   #9
frogger63

If it's in the Catskill Forest Preserve, most likely no motor vehicles allowed
Unread 09-20-2009, 05:03 PM   #10
XaphanZ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogger63 View Post
If it's in the Catskill Forest Preserve, most likely no motor vehicles allowed
it ain't a crime if you don't get caught
Unread 09-20-2009, 08:21 PM   #11
Tarukai
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XaphanZ View Post
it ain't a crime if you don't get caught
be that as it may, we don't want to further ruin the name of Jeepers.

It just gets us kicked out of more places. Illegal wheeling is a big no-no.

Although even if it's only a hike and bike trail, I'll head down and hit it up with my hardtail.
Unread 09-20-2009, 10:32 PM   #12
XaphanZ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

what irony... jeep owners with no sense of adventure.
Unread 09-20-2009, 11:05 PM   #13
XaphanZ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

before this gets blown out and i become the target of a bunch of "don't do that" posts, i should let you know off the bat, i'm not looking to go and do any illegal wheeling. financially, i can't afford to. if money were no object, that wouldbe a differant story because to be honest, i'm tired of feeling like a rat in a cage. jeeping aside, i'm really fed up with not being allowed to go certain places because this country is sue happy. my other hobby is urban exploration ( aka: checking out abandoned buildings ) and they are all posted with no trespassing, but i go anyways. i'm not going to vanalize, i'm not going to steal, i'm not going to cause any mischeif. i just want to have a look around and come home with some photos. nothing more and if someone leaves behind a house, building, or facility or any kind to rot, decay and fall into ruin, than i see no harm in having a look. safety is an issue, yes, but thats life man. you can live to be over 100 years old, but that don't mean you were ever actually alive. just because you breath and your heart still beats doesn't mean your alive. we're only on this beautiful planet for X number of years and every moment should be spent living. see the differance between being alive and living?? as far as jeeping... i'm glad that government has protected large plots of land from development and keeps people from shooting and killing every living creature with 4 legs or feathers, but it's a sin they've closed access to the centers of these majestic places to motorized vehicles all together. if i enjoyed hiking or biking or boating or any of those things, sure, i would be allowed to roam freely until my heart is content.... but i don't enjoy those things. i enjoy sitting my flabby arse behind the wheel of my 4 wheel drive motorized vehicle that is more than capable of driving down all these frigg'n roads with pad locked gates at the end of them.
" This land is your land, this land is my land
From california to the new york island From the redwood forest to the gulf stream waters This land was made for you and me"

break free from your cages every once in awhile and live a little. thats all.
Unread 09-21-2009, 06:42 AM   #14
XJLI
1993 XJ Cherokee 

thats fine just dont tell everyone on a national and public forum when and where youre doing it.....

Unread 09-21-2009, 10:04 AM   #15
Tarukai
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJLI View Post
thats fine just dont tell everyone on a national and public forum when and where youre doing it.....
hahaha, this entirely.

nice little speech there, but still.

Although, if I had the gear, I'd be up for joining you on an UrbEx trip.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.