Cape Cod Beaches - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Cape Cod Beaches

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineLabor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 06-17-2008, 08:59 AM   #1
mpdoran
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Cape Cod Beaches

I know I've seen information on this before somewhere, but after a multitude of google searches and perusing the boards here, I've only come up empty handed.

My family is renting a house in Chatham for a week this summer. I'd like to bring the jeep down and bring it out on some of the beaches. Unfortunately, all I've found in my searches is information for small ATVs (4 wheelers and dirtbikes). Anybody know where I can find information on the requirements to get a permit for the beaches on the cape? or if it's even still possible to?

Also, any recommendations on places to check out?

Thanks a lot!
Mike

Unread 06-17-2008, 10:32 AM   #2
phipsi102
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpdoran View Post
I know I've seen information on this before somewhere, but after a multitude of google searches and perusing the boards here, I've only come up empty handed.

My family is renting a house in Chatham for a week this summer. I'd like to bring the jeep down and bring it out on some of the beaches. Unfortunately, all I've found in my searches is information for small ATVs (4 wheelers and dirtbikes). Anybody know where I can find information on the requirements to get a permit for the beaches on the cape? or if it's even still possible to?

Also, any recommendations on places to check out?

Thanks a lot!
Mike
http://www.town.barnstable.ma.us/San.../orvStatus.asp
http://www.nps.gov/caco/planyourvisit/permits.htm
Unread 06-21-2008, 01:11 PM   #3
kenbuck
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Im pretty sure you can get a permit to run on the cape cod national seashore.

Also, you can drive on Sandy Neck beach, I think that might be in Mashpee.
33" KM's
misc other stuff.....
Unread 06-24-2008, 03:57 AM   #4
Sandyfeet5
2005 TJ Wrangler 

mpdoran: You can get a week long pass to wheel out on the national seashore... that is your closest bet to Chatham and will take you right up to P-town. You can also go out on Sandy Neck (Barnstable) which will take you out on the Bay side. For a point of reference... you are staying on the elbow... National Seashore will take you right out the upper arm to your fingertip... Sandy Neck is right in the middle of your bicep. Something to note: Its about Plover time which can shut any beach down entirely. Either way, bring the jeep, the Cape is the perfect place for it, even if you never get out on the beach.... and, Don't forget to wave!
Unread 01-27-2009, 09:56 PM   #5
schumaker6969
2004 TJ Wrangler 

hey i dont know if this still helps anyone but you can also get a pass for nauset beach in Orleans by far the best beach to get a pass for great family environment or you can go down father and have a more privet time. If you come to the Cape its deff something to take a trip out on.
Unread 01-27-2009, 11:40 PM   #6
vx1kxj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

yes ive heard you can get a permit through d.e.m as well. Keep in mind they may have regualtions like here in RI you have to have a good jack, recovery points and a block of wood that has to be the exact dimentions they give you not sure about ma though.... my 2 cents
Unread 07-13-2009, 01:04 PM   #7
Dakotah
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vx1kxj View Post
yes ive heard you can get a permit through d.e.m as well. Keep in mind they may have regualtions like here in RI you have to have a good jack, recovery points and a block of wood that has to be the exact dimentions they give you not sure about ma though.... my 2 cents
Kels...that's because everything in RI sucks arses!!!
Unread 07-13-2009, 01:14 PM   #8
flnbar
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Also, I believe you can go out onto Chapin beach which is in that area. If my memory serves me correctly all you need to do is air down your tires and your set to go. no permits required. Beautiful beach also...Don't mind me in the picture, it's the background that's important.

On a side note, be very careful. The tide has a very wide range. As you can see from above, at low tide the water will go out about 300 yds. at high tide, it can leave you with about 5 ft of sand to drive on.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.