Avoid this transmission shop at all costs!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Avoid this transmission shop at all costs!!

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-18-2009, 09:09 PM   #1
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Avoid this transmission shop at all costs!!

Alright guys, i recently got some transfer case work done on my jeep and got ripped the **** off. 1200 bucks to do somethin that should have cost no more than 600 bucks.

For those of you in the Rockville, Gaithersburg or Olney MD area. Avoid Montgomery BCC transmissions off of east gude drive. Nothing but a rip off.

Unread 09-18-2009, 09:14 PM   #2
flatlander757
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Might I suggest a link to page 40 whatever of your build thread for the details

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006 Sport
Being able to make vroom vroom noises in Tonys Jeep was the highlight of my life.
Currently Jeepless.
flatlander757 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2009, 09:17 PM   #3
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Good call dude.

CLICKY

Read page 40 and on from my build thread.
Unread 09-23-2009, 12:11 AM   #4
Jameslol
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Ouch man, i feel your pain, i ended up getting slammed with a 2100 bill to rebuild my tranny and tcase when all i wanted was to know what broke, and get that specifically done. Needless to say they fix the whole thing without even getting the go head from me. So i was stuck either towing my jeep home for 300 dollars without a tranny, or paying 2 grand.

So stay away from ammco too.
C4x4 Front tow hooks.
Nates 4x4 rear bumper w/receiver and shackles
Iron rock offroad double shear adj trackbar
Jameslol is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2009, 12:15 AM   #5
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameslol View Post
Ouch man, i feel your pain, i ended up getting slammed with a 2100 bill to rebuild my tranny and tcase when all i wanted was to know what broke, and get that specifically done. Needless to say they fix the whole thing without even getting the go head from me. So i was stuck either towing my jeep home for 300 dollars without a tranny, or paying 2 grand.

So stay away from ammco too.

Pretty much what happened to me. I told them to call me with updates as soon as they found out what was wrong and then i would go from there. They never called. I had to call them. They ended up servicing my diff and charging me without my consent too? It goes deeper than that, but that is just a summary. I told them to service what was wrong with the transfer case. Which was a horrible idea in hindsight because of the fact that they bent me over for labor.

Needless to say...after the 1200 to fix my t case..the noise came back and i am making them fix exactly what is wrong with it free of charge.

Last edited by 2006_Sport; 09-23-2009 at 01:13 AM..
2006_Sport is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2009, 12:30 AM   #6
Tarukai
1998 XJ Cherokee 

You know that their doing unsolicited work and charging you for it is actually illegal? They can't send it home transmission-less if THEY choose to do the work without consent. You can just say in response "well, if you didn't get my permission to do all of that work, then why did you do it?".

Make sure they really DO fix it for free. If not, I'd say get the police involved.

EDIT: presuming that you didn't sign a waiver of rights to work on the vehicle (I doubt it very much, since you had a verbal contract), then you can get the law involved on getting refunded the money you were wrongfully charged, for work you never agreed to.
______ooooo
/__l_l_,\____\,___
l_---l_l__l---[ ]llllll[ ]

_.(o)_)__(o)_)-o-)_)
Tarukai is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2009, 08:48 PM   #7
Jameslol
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah i didnt know what to do at the time being, unfortunately its too late to do anything about it, but i guess just live and learn. I also forgot the mechanic threatened to beat me up and called me a liar at ammco, so seriously dont ever go there.
C4x4 Front tow hooks.
Nates 4x4 rear bumper w/receiver and shackles
Iron rock offroad double shear adj trackbar
Jameslol is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2009, 01:42 AM   #8
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameslol View Post
Yeah i didnt know what to do at the time being, unfortunately its too late to do anything about it, but i guess just live and learn. I also forgot the mechanic threatened to beat me up and called me a liar at ammco, so seriously dont ever go there.
well if he did that. We can get a few cans of gas and a match or two and take care of that ammco REAL fast.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.