Any good trails in NH during the winter? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Any good trails in NH during the winter?

Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 02-01-2009, 08:22 PM   #1
dirthound
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Any good trails in NH during the winter?

I'm getting withdrawls! Can't wait for the warm weather so I can take off the top and go boonin'! (lately I've been blasting the heat wicked hot and cranking up the ZZ Top )

Anybody know of any drivable trails up here (during the winter) in NH? I'm close to manchester NH.

Unread 02-01-2009, 08:25 PM   #2
98blacksahara
1951 CJ3A 

Most of the ones up my way (northern NH, above Franconia Notch) are closed because they are snowmobile trails during the winter.
98blacksahara is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2009, 06:20 PM   #3
GOLENJEEPTJ
Running Secretly Amok!

2002 TJ Wrangler 

This isn't tech and what the hell is boonin?I got to here the eastern terminology on this one.
GOLENJEEPTJ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2009, 07:13 PM   #4
monkeychrist
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Check out exploringnh.com
I go by alextj over there. a free club, mostly class 6 roads and some private land now. good group of people!
monkeychrist is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2009, 07:14 PM   #5
monkeychrist
1998 TJ Wrangler 

also, i have no idea what boonin is...
monkeychrist is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2009, 08:11 PM   #6
LOCAL
2001 TJ Wrangler 

im guessin boonin is driving around out in the boonys (dirt backraods) lookin for trails maybe?

Im also looking for places to go wheeling. not just in winter but where are the trails? Is there a better section on the forum where i could be asking about this?
LOCAL is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2009, 08:38 PM   #7
kloppk
1992 YJ Wrangler 

It's really best if you join up with a Jeep club to find out where the trails and trail runs are.
FYI the the NEA is having a Snow run on 2/21. I *think* it's open to all that meet the equipment requirements. (I'll be there )
Check it out at http://www.nea4wd.org/events/index.c...85&event_type=

The NEA also has a list of member clubs that you may be interested in checking out and joining. Joining will open up a lot of new wheeling areas for you and an opportunity to join the New England wheeling community.
kloppk is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2009, 10:14 PM   #8
dirthound
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Yeah we got some right strange jargon up here. Let me define for you GolenJeepTJ:

Boonin': four-wheelin. Guess it kinda is derived from boonies (right on local!)
Unread 02-03-2009, 08:15 AM   #9
Modeler
2005 LJ Wrangler 

The NEA run is open to the public. I'll be there, as long as the snow doesn't melt!

X2 on exploringnh.com , I go by Modeler there. Good group of people with many different brands of rigs. In the summer there are runs just about every weekend.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.