Adventure Park Near Hazleton? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Adventure Park Near Hazleton?

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 11-03-2009, 08:14 AM   #1
sledgehammer199
2005 WK 

Adventure Park Near Hazleton?

So I am living on campus in Hazleton PA and I am getting an 05 WK Jeep this upcoming summer with a 3.5" RK lift. Right down the road from me is the Paragon Adventure Park, but as far as I know, that is still closed down. Last weekend and this past weekend I have been seeing tons of vehicles covered in mud and quads/dirt bikes towed on trailers.

I was heading back to campus on my normal route and I passed a Jeep covered in mud and 2 more trucks towing Jeeps covered in mud. I figured someone had to be on the forum.b

I would really life to find some trails or parks around here that I can go to. As soon as I get the Jeep, I will do some serious exploration.

Unread 11-03-2009, 09:10 AM   #2
snowboard49dude
2005 KJ Liberty 

Im in williamsport PA...only about an hour or so. But I definatly wanna check this place out too
Unread 11-03-2009, 10:47 AM   #3
Andy-WhiteTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

A little further south on I-81 and US 209 is Tower City and there is another Off-Road Park called Rausch Creek. You can go here to see:

Rausch Creek Off Road Park

Just another member of:Hudson Valley 4 Wheelers, Inc. (a 501(c)(7) Not-for-Profit Corporation)
Member: NOVA (Northeast Off-road Vehicle Alliance)
Unread 11-03-2009, 01:20 PM   #4
sledgehammer199
2005 WK 

I have heard of Rausch Creek but never have I heard of Tower City.
Unread 11-04-2009, 09:25 AM   #5
Speaky2k
1979 CJ7 

There are lots of "private" areas around town to go. Most people who live up there know someone, or know someone who knows someone that has an access gate in the back of their house. My friend lives in Sheppton (on rt. 924 past the industrial park & old Paragon) and has an access gate on his property where we have taken my jeep already. Also there is the coal pile (called the Jeansville Peak by my friend) at 424 & Poplar st. where a lot of quads and 4x4's go on weekends. My best recommendation to you is to make lots of friends with the commuter kids who go to school and find someone with those types of connections. I lived on campus too when I went to school there back in the 90's and I am still good friends with a handful of locals. If you ever see a copper colored lifted CJ out and about, it may just be me or my friend, we just finished a 2 year re-build in my friend's garage.
Unread 11-05-2009, 11:00 AM   #6
JOEGUYZXJ
1992 XJ Cherokee 

paragon is patrolled , the peak is nice on the weekend for amusement , watchin the idots role LOL, there are lots of spots just drive around , youll figure it out , but if you go by your self , your crazy i have lived and wheeled here for the last 12 years (hazleton)and still dont go out alone ,never know when a hole will pop up, if its posted stay out of that area its more likely patrolled , when ya get that jeep hit me up we always welcome new people to wheel with us
Unread 11-05-2009, 01:12 PM   #7
sledgehammer199
2005 WK 

I agree that no one should ever go alone. Anything could happen and no one would know. I will definitely let you know when I get the Jeep. So far I have seen 2 CJ's and another Wrangler here on campus. Talked to one and he knows a few places.
Unread 11-05-2009, 10:37 PM   #8
JOEGUYZXJ
1992 XJ Cherokee 

sounds ggod your always welcome to join us ,the guys i go out with have cherokeees and a green yj some times a pic up truck and a full size bronco

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.