Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

6th Annual Jeeps On The Shore show

2K views 19 replies 6 participants last post by  VamosJEEP 
#1 · (Edited)
Eastern Shore Jeep Association is making the early announcement of its 6th Annual Jeeps On The Shore show June 20 and 21 at Pocomoke Fair Grounds, Pocomoke, MD.

Events at the show include a Show N Shine competition, RTI Ramp Comp, Slow Crawl Comp and The Beater Build Competition as well as a obsticle course.

Registration fees for the show will be $25 for the weekend for the driver and Jeep. Passengers will enter thru the walk in gate and pay $5 per person.

On site camping fees will be $5 per night. That is for a primitive tent site.

Vendors will be on hand from today's popular 4x4 equipment and we will have many items to raffle off.

Clubs or groups interested in the Beater Build competition have a standard set forth with the rules. The cost of the vehicle and modifications done to it must be under $1500. This years beater build competition winner will recieve a $100 prize to the club or group. Video of previous year can be viewed here of the track that is ran,

Interested people to any aspect of the show can contact me direct at wrangler95_4life@yahoo.com

You can also go to www.easternshorejeep.com and check out info on the Jeeps On The Shore link as well as the Forums.

Hope to see you at the show. This would be a great addition to your vacation at Ocean City or on your way to Virginia Beach!!!

Thanks,

Mark
ESJA Secretary

See less See more
#2 ·
Road Trip!!!!!!!!

#3 ·
Beater Build Rules for those interested!!! ITS CHEAP!!!

Eastern Shore Jeep Association would like to invite your club to the Jeeps On The Shore Beater Build.This will be a friendly and fun event. You are permitted to spend up to $1500 on a jeep and any modifications. You then bring it to our show that is being held at the Pocomoke Fairgrounds on June 21st and 22nd. Your jeep will be judged on several things including taking it through our obstacle course. Please reply by 5/10/08 if your club would like to take part in our event. You can reach alex at alexhuffman123 @ yahoo.com for replies and any questions for this event. The rules for the event are as follows:

Jeeps On The Shore Beater Build

1. safety
a. roll cages. At least one of the following
1. Stock roll cage from factory
2. Full stock enclosed roofs
3. Aftermarket or built roll cage installed
b. seat belts. A minimum of lap and shoulder
c. running condition not to put any one in harm, it must have floor boards.
d. fire extinguisher
e. front and rear tow points
f. tow strap
g. if they have a winch, all winch equipment
2. 1500 dollar build
a. includes vehicle and mods
b. start with near stock drive train and suspension
c. up grades can include
1. suspension
2. motor
3. gears
4. tires
5. cosmetics
6. safety equipment
d. drive train and motor must stay Jeep/AMC, no other manufactures permitted.
e. Body must have all components:hood, grill, fenders,door, etc., Modifications are permitted
f. freebies are to be counted into the price as if they were bought. Market value.
3. run obstacle course
a. all rules for the obstacle course apply
b. A DOT approved helmet must be worn while doing the obstacle course
c. will be a timed run with possible penalties and bonuses.
4. judged by and points
a. show (15)
b. obstacle course (30)
c. creativeness (40)
d. safety and equipment (15)
5. ESJA reserves the right not to allow a vehicle to enter the competition due to not following the rules of the event.

video of last year (second cherroke is creepers)
youtube.com/watch?v=-fVY9yaWVAU

#5 · (Edited)
I do a lot of my own fabricating, so what do I include in my build information? Would the receipts for all of the metal stock used be enough or do you require some kind of photographic information so people can prove things are built and not bought?
Also, do vehicles have to be street legal? Registered? Insured? Inspected? Or would there be any bonus points awarded for such a rig? I only ask because this will be my daily driver as well as ongoing fab/wheeling project.

This looks like a fun event, hopefully I can get my newly found junker up and running for the money I have left after purchase price :)

#7 ·
Hmm, good points, I would say it never hurts to have pics of the fab work being done, but not sure as of the requirment issue. I will discuss it this coming tuesday night at our meeting and get back with you on the answers for the Fab work as well as your selling bumper question. I would definatly say the cost of the materials for doing the Fab work would come into play! Vehicle does not have to be streetable, and prolly should be trailered to and from for the beater build, I will post up the video clips for you to check out and then you can make your own decision.

This was ESJA vs. Maryland Creepers in 2007's show.

#9 ·
Ladies and Gents and wheelers all around!!!

Here is the link to download the PDF file for our Pre-registration form: Page 1 is the actual form with the information on where to mail the payment and form. Page 2 is a breakdown of the show events and other information! Hope to see ya at the show, and start seeing some pre-registration forms rolling in. The Shirts and Tanks prices are already discounted ($5) for those who pre-register and pre-order! At the show the shirts and tanks will be $15. Please PM or email me any questions or concerns at: wrangler95_4life@yahoo.com

http://freepdfhosting.com/54dd0f7946.pdf

#12 ·
back to the top

#13 ·
Back up again

#16 ·
We have a few local area Jeep vendors selling parts and all. Food and drinks are provided by the fair grounds (burgers and sodas and such). It is similar to PA Jeeps but a little smaller in numbers, that just means more time on our obstacle course which is BIGGER than PA Jeeps. I will try to dig up some pictures from last year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.