4X4 Shops in the NY Capital area - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > 4X4 Shops in the NY Capital area

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-18-2009, 03:19 PM   #1
CyclopsM24
2000 TJ Wrangler 

4X4 Shops in the NY Capital area

Hi all, I'm not very mechanically inclined and even though I don't need any work done now I'd like to know if there are any trustworthy 4X4 shops in the albany/Glens falls area. I have some mods i'd like to have done in the future and just wanna be prepared.

Unread 07-26-2009, 10:48 AM   #2
CyclopsM24
2000 TJ Wrangler 

So nobody knows any good 4X4 shops in the NY capital area?
Unread 07-31-2009, 08:57 PM   #3
DaveJKJ
2005 KJ Liberty 

I asked the same question a while back for a locker install and was given Central Auto down in Albany on Central Ave. I was told they did good work. That was the only place mentioned.

Meantime stuff happened and things broke around here and I spent my locker money on other things. So I never had a chance to check them out.
War Veterans Jeep Group #31
Black Jeep Society #217
Unread 08-03-2009, 09:49 PM   #4
rroadkilll
1997 TJ Wrangler 

That's the one i would recommend...

Also check out http://www.adirondackjeeps.com the guys on there can help you better!!!
I can't wait to tear it up in the mall parking lot with you some day Jay... we could park on each other's tires all flexed out taking up 4 parking spots, walk in the mall with our jeep keys dangling for everyone to see, hit up some abercrombie and fitch, then go back outside and hang out by the jeeps for a few hours... maybe get risky and drive over some curbs.. :highfive:
Unread 08-03-2009, 11:40 PM   #5
flexsaharatj
2010 JK Wrangler 

honestly... no there aren't any I know of... Central Auto is gone he's moving to Arizona if I recall...

I'll be back up there come the end of august and if you need any help give me a buzz I'm pretty good with a wrench if it's a lift... dana 30 locker install I've done... manifold install

if you need help
let me know
Matt

Firefighters Jeep Club
Unread 08-05-2009, 11:24 PM   #6
billabongopblue
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I Saw a commercial for these guys on tv http://www.4xheaven.com
never had any experience with them but it looks promising.
Unread 08-06-2009, 02:53 AM   #7
flexsaharatj
2010 JK Wrangler 

4x heaven I believe is a good 45 mins to an hour away just FYI
and the one time I called them for a stock sway bar link and they promised to call me back... they didn't so they left a bad impression on me...

Firefighters Jeep Club
Unread 08-06-2009, 06:29 AM   #8
rroadkilll
1997 TJ Wrangler 

http://www.4xheaven.com/ is in Gloversville... Probably closer to an hour plus... depending on where in ALB you are...
I can't wait to tear it up in the mall parking lot with you some day Jay... we could park on each other's tires all flexed out taking up 4 parking spots, walk in the mall with our jeep keys dangling for everyone to see, hit up some abercrombie and fitch, then go back outside and hang out by the jeeps for a few hours... maybe get risky and drive over some curbs.. :highfive:
Unread 08-06-2009, 08:31 AM   #9
DaveJKJ
2005 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rroadkilll View Post
http://www.4xheaven.com/ is in Gloversville... Probably closer to an hour plus... depending on where in ALB you are...
I am Upstate and Gloversville is not that far. I never heard of them. So I was wondering if anyone has used them???

I need a locker installed and their website looks promising.
War Veterans Jeep Group #31
Black Jeep Society #217

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.