1-16-10 Rausch Creek - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > 1-16-10 Rausch Creek

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsWe have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 01-11-2010, 06:50 PM   #31
BriansCJ
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Militaryman4455 View Post
Well, im not as experienced of a wheeler as you guys im sure, all i have had before were trucks and all i did was mudding and thats not very complicated. NTM this is my first standard vehicle. so dont judge the JK based on how I perform this weekend. But i still cant wait!
Well im only 15 but am kind of good at it. I know when to push it and when to stop, for my Jeep. I'll try to spot everyone, and based on my front bumper, I will probably be designated ice-breaker for the day and maybe trail lead, although I dont know my around the park that well. It only takes once to know what your doing.

All we have in NJ is mud and a few big hills. Mud in the pines can get a lot harder than you think.

I know what a pain a stick can be too. The auto in my moms Rubi is a lot better off road in the rocks. My stick in the CJ5 is better for the mud I think, I can control the throttle a little better.

Unread 01-11-2010, 07:07 PM   #32
NoVaHunter
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I was just about to see if it was alright with ya'll if I went along....but I currently dont have the cash flow for the gas! According to my GPS it would have been about 3.5 hours!

Next time ya'll get together I might try to go
Unread 01-11-2010, 07:55 PM   #33
MilitaryJK4455
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

The more the merrier. Brian, if your only fifteen how are you driving? Do you not have to have a license to drive in the park? And yeah, the stick is gonna be a ***** from what ive heard but i bought her to wheel, just not to ruin so ill prolly be stickin to the easy routes this time till i get more comfortable with my jeep offroad, it still has the dealer tag on it now so ima go easy on her.
MilitaryJK4455 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2010, 07:57 PM   #34
MilitaryJK4455
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

btw are you taking the rubi or the cj5 this weekend?
Unread 01-11-2010, 08:01 PM   #35
BriansCJ
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
btw are you taking the rubi or the cj5 this weekend?
I get out and my mom lets me drive. Only if its ok with whoever we are going with though. Mainly because my mom doesnt like hills or to get too wet so if water is above the doors, I get wet and she stands on the side and laughs.

Im taking the Rubi, no way I would trust the '5 for a 7 hour trip and my balls would be frozen solid by the time I get there. Once I get a cage for it though, I will be taking it everywhere. Gotta find a summer Job.

The stick shouldn't be that bad. You just have to get used to where you need to stay on the gas to be inching forward or at a standstill. And get used to using three pedals on the rocks.
Unread 01-11-2010, 09:05 PM   #36
MilitaryJK4455
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

Yeah, it will be a bit tricky but thats why im going to take it easy on this trip, so i can get used to it. And i could care less if your driving and underage, as long as you arent being careless. but you seem like a pretty good guy so it doesnt make a difference to me. As long as everyone has a good time and we dont get arrested anything goes .
Unread 01-11-2010, 09:18 PM   #37
BriansCJ
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Yeah, it will be a bit tricky but thats why im going to take it easy on this trip, so i can get used to it. And i could care less if your driving and underage, as long as you arent being careless. but you seem like a pretty good guy so it doesnt make a difference to me. As long as everyone has a good time and we dont get arrested anything goes .
Yea, I know its my moms DD and if it breaks, im paying for it and doing the work the next day lol.

Like I said, itll take you a while to get used to the way it handle. Every Jeep is different. Towards the end of the day, i bet you'll be feeling a lot more confident and doing more. Hell, everytime we go out in either of the Jeeps my confidence in them builds except the CJ5's soft top at 60 mph.

I have some tire deflators and a compressor. A shovel, hi-lift, and a full socket set just in case.

Brian
Unread 01-11-2010, 09:23 PM   #38
MilitaryJK4455
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

I have a pretty good tool bag too and a tow strap so we should be good. im not worried about getting stuck, im just worried about breaking something or rashin up my body, i have no side rock guards so i dont wanna bottom my body out on a rock, most likely it would be the frame but we'll see when i get there. That air compressor will come in handy cause thats definitely something i dont have.... yet.
Unread 01-12-2010, 10:14 AM   #39
JSBlu974X4
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I have a 10LB CO2 source kit with adj regulator, just gotta get it filled somewhere
2005 Unlimited Rubicon Hard N Soft Tops, Clayton Long Arm on RE Coils, Warn Bumper/Tire Carrier, Warn Winch N Bumper, Currie Steering, JKS Quicker Disconnects, JKS Front Trac Bar, Bilsteins, CO2 System..Yada Yada Yada
JSBlu974X4 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2010, 11:47 AM   #40
MilitaryJK4455
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

Dont know where you would get that filled. Alot of pawn shops fill Co2, or atleasts they did when i used to play paintball.
Unread 01-12-2010, 11:48 AM   #41
MilitaryJK4455
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

Nobody else wants to go?! C'mon guys.
Unread 01-12-2010, 12:47 PM   #42
Steve98
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Hey guys, I'm planning on going up this weekend. I run a 4 door rubi, and have a couple friends with TJs coming along. I've been to RC a handful of times, its always a good time!

We're headed up 81 straight from Martinsburg, so I guess we'll see you all in the parking lot!
Unread 01-12-2010, 02:52 PM   #43
MilitaryJK4455
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

Awesome! Are you coming up sat or friday and staying sat? Im still trying to go up there friday but cant find anyone else going friday.
Unread 01-12-2010, 03:10 PM   #44
MilitaryJK4455
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

Made up a quick list and best contact info i had for who's going so far
BriansCJ:Black TJ Rubicon, 609-703-2683
Smithy(Brandon): Red YJ, 717-940-2485
JSBlu974x4:LJ Rubicon
SimonsTJ: White TJ, 609-802-6150
Militaryman4455(Jonathan): White JK (2dr) 478-230-6918
Steve98: 07 JK (and a couple of his friends with TJ's)

Meeting up at 8:30am in the Rausch Creek Parking lot and should be wheeling by 9:30ish. If you want to add any extra contact info or your name to the list please do so or if you know you are or arent going please add or delete your contact info from the list... Cant wait for the ride!
Unread 01-12-2010, 03:11 PM   #45
MilitaryJK4455
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

JSBlu if you wanna put your number on the list for the other folks then do so. I just dont wanna put your info out there. we have contact info for every one but steve.

Last edited by MilitaryJK4455; 01-12-2010 at 03:29 PM..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.