Wheelin in SE MI - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Wheelin in SE MI

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!ExtremeTerrain.com Now Carries Raxiom Off-Road Technology RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 08-25-2008, 07:33 AM   #1
Marine_Mike
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Wheelin in SE MI

OK guys. I'm back from overseas and need some trail time. The wife wants to go also to practice her photography. A good chance to get those flex pics into JP Mag. Anyone interested. I have next weekend free and need some ideas on where to go.

Unread 08-25-2008, 12:11 PM   #2
--chris--
2001 TJ Wrangler 

PM sent...give me a ring
Unread 09-03-2008, 05:03 PM   #3
HeWhoHateMe
1993 FSJ Wagoneer 

I'm new....But the wife and i love wheeling ...Shes also into the "photograhic" part mike....I to just got out of the Marines..Spent four years with 1marine div 5th reg outta pendleton was discharged friday the 22 and now have dd214 in hand and ready to go...I curretly live in jackson mi so.....if you guys end up going out i'd make the trip..

Thanks

josh
Unread 09-03-2008, 05:14 PM   #4
Avian
2008 JK Wrangler 

Im in the area too, but am still trying to find some decent places. Ive explored about all there is to legally in my county, but dont feel like making the drive to the mounds. Any ideas?
Uniden Bearcat CB/PA
Mopar bumper
Moabs/ BFG KM's
Unread 09-07-2008, 02:57 PM   #5
rammanriley
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I know of a few places but i cant say that there legal.
Unread 09-24-2008, 09:46 AM   #6
thomasona
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I wouldn't mind knowing of a few places around here myself. I'm in Ypsi. Anybody have any ideas for legal wheeling?
Unread 09-24-2008, 03:54 PM   #7
Avian
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasona View Post
I wouldn't mind knowing of a few places around here myself. I'm in Ypsi. Anybody have any ideas for legal wheeling?
Heh, I go to school in Ypsi.

Ive never wheeled in these places, but when I used to go to school on site at Willow Run, a classmate would take me out into some woods right near the airfield. I dont know if it was legal or not, but I dont remember seeing any signs other than those that labeled the airfield boundaries (where we never went.....$20,000 fine IIRC). Of course, that didnt make it legal.

Honestly though, the only place I really know of is the Mounds near flint. The only other DNR designated ORV park in the area(south of saginaw) is Silver Lake.
Uniden Bearcat CB/PA
Mopar bumper
Moabs/ BFG KM's
Unread 09-24-2008, 04:38 PM   #8
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Just a word of thought....if it ain't your land and you ain't sure....it's illegal. Thinking otherwise could only lead to trouble.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Unread 09-24-2008, 04:47 PM   #9
Avian
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro95 View Post
Just a word of thought....if it ain't your land and you ain't sure....it's illegal. Thinking otherwise could only lead to trouble.

Exactly. Not sure If I made that clear or not.
Uniden Bearcat CB/PA
Mopar bumper
Moabs/ BFG KM's
Unread 09-24-2008, 04:57 PM   #10
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avian View Post
Exactly. Not sure If I made that clear or not.
You probably did...but this one, not so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rammanriley View Post
I know of a few places but i cant say that there legal.
Hope you guys find a (legal) spot, have some fun and report back with some pic's.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Unread 09-25-2008, 06:01 PM   #11
robo3
2002 TJ Wrangler 

im going to the st helens area ! they have a big scramble area !will be there sat.
http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=105084
check it out !
Unread 09-30-2008, 05:15 PM   #12
indierthanthou
2000 XJ Cherokee 

What about around Port Huron?
Unread 09-30-2008, 06:16 PM   #13
wk4u2nv
2006 WK 

i just got back from a trip to port huron. it was nice and some trails were good. some were a lil too tough for me(06 WK stock). if anyone has GPS im sure i can give you the coordinates to the trails that were to rough for me. if anyone is familiar with rose city and mio there are some great trails there and also for photography. the only bad thing is at dusk the deer run crazy. almost hit 6 on M33. i hope this helps.
Unread 09-30-2008, 06:57 PM   #14
Avian
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wk4u2nv View Post
i just got back from a trip to port huron. it was nice and some trails were good. some were a lil too tough for me(06 WK stock). if anyone has GPS im sure i can give you the coordinates to the trails that were to rough for me. if anyone is familiar with rose city and mio there are some great trails there and also for photography. the only bad thing is at dusk the deer run crazy. almost hit 6 on M33. i hope this helps.
I used to have a cabin in Lewiston.

But that got sold before the jeep was bought.
Uniden Bearcat CB/PA
Mopar bumper
Moabs/ BFG KM's
Unread 09-30-2008, 07:07 PM   #15
wk4u2nv
2006 WK 

we have a cabin in mio. i love it there. its like we find new trails everytime we go there. ive been to lewiston a couple of times...great place. theres a trail in mio that ends at camp ten bridge. one of the greatest trails ive been on. its not to tough and great places to take pics.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.