Silver Lake Sand Dunes - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Silver Lake Sand Dunes

Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!

Unread 08-07-2009, 01:50 AM   #31
Arcticcat843
dakuda is a god

1980 CJ5 

wow, 2007, i wish my jeep was still in that good of shape lol

honestly i have no idea where it came from....My dad bough that flag back in the 70s when he went to silver lake and it has been in the garage for years....I decided one weekend i was going to go there so i stole it lol.

It was jut a l bracket with a couple holes....Pretty easy to make. If you make one, either make it long enough to put 2 bolts in it (though the bumper) or use one bolt then weld it on (what i did) What happened is eventually the bolt worked loose and the mount spun and the flag kinda fell over lol.

Like chad said, David allen can hook you up with something im sure....Do you have tow hooks in the front? I know they sell mounts to bolt onto those....it doesn't really matter how you mount it as long as its not going of break off. If you do make a bracket made sure you drll the hole for the flag the right size. I dont know what it is but i can measure it for you tomorrow if you want. Then take 2 adjustable wrenches with you....Buy a flag there (around 16 bucks) and bolt it on...

Other than that, as far as jeep prep, just make sure all your fluids are topped off. it gets hot there and it will put the test on your cooling system. Since you are driving it so far home, i would stop at te first car wash you find and spray the sand out of everything. Especaily your front brakes, unit bearing areas, ball joints ect.

Updated pics for fun

Any questions just ask...More than happy to help. Im going to guess between me and chad we have been to silver lake at least 30-40 times in the past couple years, so we know a little about it.

BTW: i read your blogs and seen this
Quote:
This is sad I have nooooo friends on her, nor do I know anyone else that has a jeepspace... lol. Maybe someday that will change? : P
So i sent you a friends request....at least you will have one friend

Last edited by Arcticcat843; 08-07-2009 at 02:14 AM..
Arcticcat843 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2009, 12:22 PM   #32
XJREWSTER
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepjunkie408 View Post
articcat843, I like your xj mounting bracket for the flag, where did you get it? and how much? I am going down to silver lake sand dunes, and this will be my first every jeeping experience in my XJ, it's completely stock, and Im sort of stressed wanting to be prepared but I haven't a clue where to get a 10 ft flag except for down there... and I was hoping to have a mount read so I could just pop her in... driving like 6 hours to get there.. any help or tips or anything from anyone would be awesome : )

headed down there aug. 26th

from the looks of his bracket it looks like you can just use some angle iron and bolt it up

or nock off the front bumper end cap and there is a hole in it this is what i did the first time at badlands

best pic i could find

buy the flag there cause it will be long enough i used my badlands flag and the kept giving me crap about it (too short and mesh) i modafied it enough to get me through the weekend next time i will just buy one

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.