SAFARI and BLAST! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > SAFARI and BLAST!

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-18-2009, 07:11 PM   #16
tjthorson
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machine154 View Post
Well, I have to say that this was some serious offroading. I thought I would go easy and do a level 2 trail on the first day. Well, the trail was very muddy and tight (JK here) and it turned into a winchfest because even the built rigs were having issues. This is my inspiration to get a bumper and winch since I now can see sooo much more value in it. I came home with a couple minor battle scars: a punctured tire, pulled away fender, and possibly some mirror damage (it crunched as a laid into a tree sideways). I definitely would do it again, but hopefully when it is a little drier. We were supposed to be done at 6P, but we left the woods at 11P and that was after having to take a shortcut on the way out.

You were out on the New Salem (Gilligan's Island) Trail. Ugh....

Believe it or not, we chose the "1" rated trails both days - I was thinking it would be easy driving and maybe the wife would try some light trails this time, especially with a lifted, locked Rubicon with 33" tires aired down to 12psi.

We ended up needing the winch on several occasions - the mud was SOOO slick we couldnt make the hill climbs - and this on a "1" trail. Other then the wood ticks all over the place - this was by far the best outing of this type we have done - and our Jeep history includes 4 different Jeep Jamborees in 4 different states. The people and organization is great - and Im glad I joined the club. With how I see the club handle the money, and seeing them help the community so much - we will definitely go on the Safari and Blast each year we can - and maybe eventually make it down for some of the other rides. See you all in August!

Orange Crush Jeep Club Member #50
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Gecko Green (Wife's DD)
Gecko Green Jeep Club Member #1
2005 Yellow Unlimited Rubicon (sold)
My Band! -> http://www.forgethannah.com
http://www.toddsplace.com
Unread 05-18-2009, 07:23 PM   #17
backwash
2013 JK Wrangler 

We just got back as well. This is a very well run event. You could not find a better group of guide's and land owners. We ran Dutch Creek and Pokeys. To say it was muddy would be an understatement. You needed alot of the skinny pedal to get through some of the long hill climbs. I really suggest this run for anyone that is near by. This year they had about 175 Jeeps with all levels of trails. They have the "Blast" in August, check it out.
OME 2 1/2 Lift, BFG A/T 32x11.5 ,AR Diamond locks. JKS Quicker disco's. Kilby Skid. Cobra 75. Rokmen sliders. ARB Front and rear. Hansen bumper. Warn 9.5ti winch. Currie trackbar,Skid row engine & gas tank skids
Nth Degree tummy tuck, 1" BL
Unread 05-19-2009, 03:05 PM   #18
Machine154
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjthorson View Post
You were out on the New Salem (Gilligan's Island) Trail. Ugh....
Hey - how did you know?
1.75" BB, Super Swamper LTB 33x13.5x16
Superchips Flashpaq, Rancho Oil Pan Skid, Kilby Evap Relocation
Unread 05-19-2009, 08:39 PM   #19
tjthorson
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machine154 View Post
Hey - how did you know?
Only from the discussion at dinner that second night - when the trail guide apologized to the second day New Salem trail people that he didnt give them a full 2 days of jeeping in one day like the Friday crew..... I did notice on friday there were more open seats during dinner...
Orange Crush Jeep Club Member #50
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Gecko Green (Wife's DD)
Gecko Green Jeep Club Member #1
2005 Yellow Unlimited Rubicon (sold)
My Band! -> http://www.forgethannah.com
http://www.toddsplace.com
Unread 05-23-2009, 12:14 PM   #20
Castr8r
2006 LJ Wrangler 

We did have fun, didn't we! There should be some write-ups and pics appearing on the website before too long, so "tune in" to TRJC.com to check it out. I guided on Hopewell and "tailgunned" on Ridge Rambler the second day. For your information, we pulled Jenny's Jeep back to the cabin after the trail run was over. For those that didn't go, it had been raining a lot in this area this spring, and had 1.5"-1.7" of rain Friday night. The trails were pretty bad and all trail ratings are actually rated at least one notch higher under these conditions. A lot of recovery work on all the trails. Hopefully, the BLAST! will be drier and a lot less work. Thanks to all of you who attended, and see you at the BLAST!
Unread 05-28-2009, 11:18 PM   #21
Castr8r
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Foe those of you that are interested, the trail reports for the SAFARI are on the website in the newsletter, and the photos are posted in the Gallery. Boy, did we have fun!

Go to TRJC.com for the pics and write ups.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.