joliet area spot - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > joliet area spot

Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under Coil Spring Options from Ruffstuff!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREE

Unread 05-21-2009, 10:02 PM   #46
Capricorn
2002 WJ 

Anybody got plans to go soon?

Capricorn is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2009, 01:19 PM   #47
conisby
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Well if anyone is bored over the week-end ?? i'm game for a bit of wheeling
conisby is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2009, 04:31 PM   #48
LazySailor
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by conisby View Post
Well if anyone is bored over the week-end ?? i'm game for a bit of wheeling
if your up for wheelin, why dont you come to the cliffs insane terrain park with the jeep club thats going there tomarrow?....its legal.
Unread 05-22-2009, 11:51 PM   #49
GRN_BEAST95
1995 YJ Wrangler 

if my exhaust is done in time ill go tomorrow.ill be there at the latest 2 but if im not there by then im prolly not comin.
Green Jeep member 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellojeeper View Post
Guam. I spent a week there one night.
GRN_BEAST95 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2009, 01:33 PM   #50
Capricorn
2002 WJ 

I was hoping to get some more moderate wheeling in this weekend, but now I have some family events to attend, so maybe the weekend after memorial day. Doesn't sound like much is going on this weekend with Memorial Day and all...
Capricorn is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2009, 04:37 PM   #51
nwiTJdave

take a camera next time and show us some pics

This is for fighting, this is for fun.
nwiTJdave is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2009, 06:17 PM   #52
conisby
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwiTJdave View Post
take a camera next time and show us some pics
I've got some pics on my phone from this week, and if i can find the friggin cable i'll post em
conisby is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2009, 04:31 PM   #53
nwiTJdave

send them to your email from your phone. in place of a phone number just put in email address. its still free aslong as you have unlimted text/pic

This is for fighting, this is for fun.
nwiTJdave is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2009, 08:10 PM   #54
Brook
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I would like to come out there sometime to go wheeling- are you guys going back soon? I live about an hour north from there- my husband goes to Joliet sometimes to race rc cars..
Brook is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2009, 08:10 PM   #55
Brook
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazySailor View Post
if your up for wheelin, why dont you come to the cliffs insane terrain park with the jeep club thats going there tomarrow?....its legal.
where is the cliffs insane terrain park?
Brook is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2009, 08:50 PM   #56
joeyrossmiller
1994 YJ Wrangler 

the cliffs is in seneca/ marseilles illinois. is on route 6 about 40 minutes from joliet. i never been there but i worked right next to it for about 6 months. i'd like to go some time after i get some stuff done to the heep so it'll be worth the money.
94 sahara, 4" rough country, 1 1/4" home made shackles all around, 33" trxus m/t, home made cai, hesco tbs, flowmaster super 40, no track or sway bars, 4.0 h/o, home made rocker guards, re-routed the trans vent
GIT R DID, GIT R DONE
joeyrossmiller is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2009, 07:47 PM   #57
GRN_BEAST95
1995 YJ Wrangler 

saturday the 30th anyone??
Green Jeep member 153
Quote:
Unread 05-30-2009, 08:07 PM   #58
CherokeeLmt98
1999 XJ Cherokee 

It's definiately not legal there.

I live about a mile from it and have checked it out on occasion. There really isnt even tooo much back there besides some mud and rutts and about 3 feet of water you have to drive through to get to some portions of it, no decent "trails" really, but some fun mud and little things do to, at least its free.

My brother takes his stock AWD zj out there from time to time and his buddies dad has a cj5 lifted, locked with a winch that goes out now and then/

i have seen some other vehicles out there too. however the area is kinda only good for 2-3 trucks. maybe a couple more. any more than that and its gunna probably be too noticable being that it's right off I80 and right next to active train tracks.

This place is pretty old too, i used to wheel there a few years ago. All in all if youre in the area and bored, its definately fun for a little bit, but driving any decent distance to make a "day" out of it is not worth it or the risk since it's not sanctioned property it's public land I believe and they may take big issue with people crossing the tracks and **** like that, because u have to at a few spots to get to things.
CherokeeLmt98 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2009, 08:34 PM   #59
joeyrossmiller
1994 YJ Wrangler 

i dunno what ur talking about, i could easily be out there for an entire day. if you dont go over the tracks then no its about an hour of fun going thru mud. as far as being illegal, i dont really think its illegal or the authorities dont really care because d&r racing holds an event out there every easter. im only 18 and iv talked to plenty of 30-40 yr old guys that said they used to go out there when they were my age. ive only found 2 spots with more than 2 feet of water and that was right after a whole crap load of rain.
94 sahara, 4" rough country, 1 1/4" home made shackles all around, 33" trxus m/t, home made cai, hesco tbs, flowmaster super 40, no track or sway bars, 4.0 h/o, home made rocker guards, re-routed the trans vent
GIT R DID, GIT R DONE
joeyrossmiller is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2009, 07:50 PM   #60
GRN_BEAST95
1995 YJ Wrangler 

oh yea i think this spot is fun. it deffinatly gets better after you go over the tracks. Are you sure the tracks are active cuz theres weeds and crap overgrowing the tracks a little bit. i dont think those would be there if trains were traveling those tracks. plust theres little rocks next to the tracks to help you get over them and i think after one train passes those wouldnt be there anymore.
Green Jeep member 153
Quote:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.