joliet area spot - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > joliet area spot

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 05-11-2009, 02:00 PM   #31
schatenjager
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Haha! Nothing at all suspicious about a bunch of guys in jacked up jeeps all parked on the side of the road for no apparent reason! From the looks of that place, just pulled off the road right there is probably the most convenient place.

Sounds like a plan...

Unread 05-11-2009, 03:29 PM   #32
Capricorn
2002 WJ 

Haha, I was thinking the same thing. I'll be there at noon for sure! I'm in the Chilli Pepper Red TJ
Capricorn is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2009, 09:27 PM   #33
joeyrossmiller
1994 YJ Wrangler 

yeah sat. at noon sounds good. yeah you can pull in there to meet. im really glad i brought up this spot. some of my buddies are ridin their quads out there. we live like 5-10 mins away so we go all the time
94 sahara, 4" rough country, 1 1/4" home made shackles all around, 33" trxus m/t, home made cai, hesco tbs, flowmaster super 40, no track or sway bars, 4.0 h/o, home made rocker guards, re-routed the trans vent
GIT R DID, GIT R DONE
joeyrossmiller is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2009, 03:03 PM   #34
Capricorn
2002 WJ 

Hopefully the weather holds up for Saturday. I dont want to have to throw on my hardtop and doors. Its suppose to be fairly sunny with lots of wind though, but this evening rain [Friday] is going to make the ground really soggy for Saturday. We'll see what happens. See you guys tomorrow!
Unread 05-15-2009, 03:24 PM   #35
schatenjager
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Is there a plan for bad weather? Show up anyway? Play it safe and avoid getting stuck? Other?
Unread 05-15-2009, 04:19 PM   #36
Capricorn
2002 WJ 

Well, I'm still going to show up, if anyone is there cool, if not, I'll just head back home, no sense in wheeling alone.

I say if you're close by and still want to go, cool. I guess its really up to how you feel about tomorrow. Like I said, I've never been there, so I dont know what the terrain is like. If I do wheel, I'll take it fairly easy, since I'm running a stock TJ with some pretty good-tread tires. I wont overdo it out there though.
Unread 05-16-2009, 10:25 AM   #37
joeyrossmiller
1994 YJ Wrangler 

i'll be there for sure. its gonna be wet out there it rained here yesterday from about 8 in the morning to 11 at night, just a constant rain. (i live like 5 mins away) but yeah i gotta go seal up my distributor cap right now so i don't bog out.

EVERYONE BRING STRAPS!

see everyone there ill have my top off and rebel flag flyin
94 sahara, 4" rough country, 1 1/4" home made shackles all around, 33" trxus m/t, home made cai, hesco tbs, flowmaster super 40, no track or sway bars, 4.0 h/o, home made rocker guards, re-routed the trans vent
GIT R DID, GIT R DONE
Unread 05-16-2009, 04:48 PM   #38
nwiTJdave

take some pics and let us know how it went

This is for fighting, this is for fun.
nwiTJdave is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2009, 05:02 PM   #39
Capricorn
2002 WJ 

It was an adventure, haha. Only had two Wranglers, mine and joeyross, and this fellow from Chicago with a lifted Cherokee. The trail wasnt bad, just really muddy and bogs everywhere. Next time I go i'll wait awhile for the grounds to dry, cause last nights rain didnt help much lol.
Unread 05-16-2009, 05:48 PM   #40
joeyrossmiller
1994 YJ Wrangler 

i really wish it hadn't rained last night cuz it just made me bog out like crazy. my jeep died just about every puddle i went thru and i couldnt regain full power until like a half an hour of driving on the streets treatin it like a baby. gotta get rid of the glass pack and get a full exhaust. suggestions? cheap but decent?
btw the guy in the cherokee was doin pretty dang well. along with tjtank. for stock, he got thru quite a bit
GIT R DID, GIT R DONE
Unread 05-16-2009, 06:43 PM   #41
conisby
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Joey, im the English guy (lifted Cherokee), gotta say i had a lot of fun (some scary moments ; ). Joey get that exhaust sorted for next time, so you can show me how to get through the really deep stuff.

I must say tjtank you ain't afraid of taking that Wrangler through some scary ****

Joey I forgot to get your cell number PM me with it will you?

Let me know when your going again and i'll hit it with ya.
conisby is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2009, 09:47 AM   #42
Capricorn
2002 WJ 

I was quite surprised I made it through that boggy area of the trail. I'll definitely go again once they arent so soggy and wet. I'm for sure gonna throw on at least 2.5" inches of lift, and some bigger tires soon. Once I wear out my current ones. At least I'll have some better clearance. I did break the hanger off my exhaust though! But its nothing that cant be fixed. Hopefully I'll make it back out there again soon.
Unread 05-17-2009, 08:30 PM   #43
rust-r-bust
1988 XJ Cherokee 

me and my buddy frump would be game soon...i have graduation soon and my grad party then a JGW badlands run but we might be game....PM me if we have a group going say tomorrow? id be free after work to go check it out...
rust-r-bust is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2009, 11:37 AM   #44
schatenjager
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I'm sorry I had to miss it...my daughter caused no end of headaches all day Saturday and I ended up doing the dad thing.

I'll keep my eyes on this forum though for the next time!

FYI, this coming weekend i'll be out of town all weekend so that's definitely out.
Unread 05-18-2009, 07:22 PM   #45
joeyrossmiller
1994 YJ Wrangler 

yeah is there anyway like the joliet and surrounding area can get our own little page, be on this forum or a website, facebook think, whatever. im not saying be a club necessarily but have a group of guys to ride with work on our rigs with. any ideas? contact one of the moderators?
GIT R DID, GIT R DONE

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.