joliet area spot - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > joliet area spot

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-23-2009, 08:50 PM   #1
joeyrossmiller
1994 YJ Wrangler 

joliet area spot

me and my buddies stumbled across a pretty good offroading spot in joliet. its on houbolt road right by I80. the road runs in between route 6 and route 52. its closer to the south end of the road towards route 6. you'll go under i80 and over some tracks and its a little entrance on the left (heading south) vice versa heading north.

we go there a few times a week after school and work and we've never got a complaint from cops or any land owners. we've even had cops watch us pull in there. D&R racing holds an event there every easter sunday so im guessing its not off limits.

there's some mud pits and quite a bit of trails, even a place where people have had huge bonfires. parts of the trails have water and theres also really good hills to climb. if anyone goes out there let me know and ill show ya some good spots.

94 sahara, 4" rough country, 1 1/4" home made shackles all around, 33" trxus m/t, home made cai, hesco tbs, flowmaster super 40, no track or sway bars, 4.0 h/o, home made rocker guards, re-routed the trans vent
GIT R DID, GIT R DONE
joeyrossmiller is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2009, 05:45 PM   #2
scouperacer1994
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyrossmiller View Post
me and my buddies stumbled across a pretty good offroading spot in joliet. its on houbolt road right by I80. the road runs in between route 6 and route 52. its closer to the south end of the road towards route 6. you'll go under i80 and over some tracks and its a little entrance on the left (heading south) vice versa heading north.

we go there a few times a week after school and work and we've never got a complaint from cops or any land owners. we've even had cops watch us pull in there. D&R racing holds an event there every easter sunday so im guessing its not off limits.

there's some mud pits and quite a bit of trails, even a place where people have had huge bonfires. parts of the trails have water and theres also really good hills to climb. if anyone goes out there let me know and ill show ya some good spots.

Please find out for sure!

Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
scouperacer1994 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2009, 12:19 AM   #3
joeyrossmiller
1994 YJ Wrangler 

i wouldnt even know who to ask. but like i said there's events out there, not many new trails so its been driven on for a while, and no complaints. i see alot of people out there not just my group of buddies.
94 sahara, 4" rough country, 1 1/4" home made shackles all around, 33" trxus m/t, home made cai, hesco tbs, flowmaster super 40, no track or sway bars, 4.0 h/o, home made rocker guards, re-routed the trans vent
GIT R DID, GIT R DONE
Unread 04-26-2009, 08:30 PM   #4
TheEddie

I've been there a few times. Be careful not to pick anything up in your tires. Theres alot of junk out there.

Past Jeeps: 01 TJ, 97 TJ, 98 XJ, 2000 WJ
TheEddie is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2009, 09:05 PM   #5
joeyrossmiller
1994 YJ Wrangler 

yeah agreed. one of my buddies completely mangled his tire on his xj out there. it was in pieces. im from minooka too, iv seen your jeep around a few times i think? do you got a hi lift on it? cuz i know i see 2 different white xj's all the time
GIT R DID, GIT R DONE
Unread 04-26-2009, 10:04 PM   #6
TheEddie

Quote:
yeah agreed. one of my buddies completely mangled his tire on his xj out there. it was in pieces. im from minooka too, iv seen your jeep around a few times i think? do you got a hi lift on it? cuz i know i see 2 different white xj's all the time
Where do you live? Mine sits in the garage alot. I drive a silver WJ normally. My xj looks like this...

I'm sure I've seen you around.

Unread 04-27-2009, 04:16 PM   #7
joeyrossmiller
1994 YJ Wrangler 

i live on the north end of ridge road. right at ridge and theodore by plainfield south high school. but i go to minooka high school. i got a green yj sahara 4 inch rough country and black rims and a tan top but thats off now. rebel flag bikini top now. but where was that pic? anywhere close?
GIT R DID, GIT R DONE
Unread 04-28-2009, 01:41 PM   #8
TheEddie

Quote:
i live on the north end of ridge road. right at ridge and theodore by plainfield south high school. but i go to minooka high school. i got a green yj sahara 4 inch rough country and black rims and a tan top but thats off now. rebel flag bikini top now. but where was that pic? anywhere close?
Badlands in Indiana. My brother goes to MCHS. Adam Sheikh. You know him?

I live right next to the Jewel at the south end of Ridge. Small world.

Unread 04-28-2009, 09:23 PM   #9
joeyrossmiller
1994 YJ Wrangler 

iv heard of the name. but yeah small world. leave me a PM if you wanna go wheelin sometime
GIT R DID, GIT R DONE
Unread 04-29-2009, 10:46 AM   #10
schatenjager
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Are you talking about the big patch of forest at the end of Empress road there?
Unread 04-29-2009, 10:06 PM   #11
joeyrossmiller
1994 YJ Wrangler 

no, if your on 6 you turn onto empress road go about .5 miles north. you'll pass a forest preserve thingy on your left that you can like ride your bike around or walk around. then right before you go over the train tracks there's a little opening on the right. its kinda hard to notice if you dont know where it is. but theres an fenced off electrical thing right in the front. do google earth. i looked it up on google earth and did the add a destination thing and these were the coordinates that it came up with: 41.488516,-88.163561

if you wanna go out there sometime or if you can't find it ill show you, just shoot me a PM
GIT R DID, GIT R DONE
Unread 04-30-2009, 08:22 AM   #12
schatenjager
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I know where that is now then. Google Earth is a great thing. From looking at the overhead, it definitely looks like there's plenty of space back in there to get muddy.

One of these weekends I'll have to head over there. I'm in Bolingbrook so i'm in only about 10 miles from there.
Unread 04-30-2009, 12:30 PM   #13
joeyrossmiller
1994 YJ Wrangler 

on google earth it just looks like a bunch of open land but it doesnt show you all the trails and mud pits and everything
GIT R DID, GIT R DONE
Unread 05-07-2009, 10:37 PM   #14
szxsff
1995 ZJ 

great,it's closer for me than badlands!
I'm in chicago city...
how big is it?
szxsff is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2009, 11:40 PM   #15
joeyrossmiller
1994 YJ Wrangler 

its pretty good size. not like the badlands or a real park. but its deffinately really fun. mud, water, and trails and hills. theres real tight trails and open fields where you can step on it. careful of some of the water though. this place has really made me consider a snorkel and sealing up my distributor cap.

the coordinates are a few posts up. look it up on google earth even though you cant really see anything you can see about how big it is.
GIT R DID, GIT R DONE

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.