Hocking Hills Ohio wheeling? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Hocking Hills Ohio wheeling?

UCF Black Friday SaleLOCKERS!!!! - ARB, Auburn, Detroit, Eaton, OX, Spartan, YuRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 07-16-2008, 04:15 PM   #1
phish832
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hocking Hills Ohio wheeling?

Anyone know any good spots around the hocking hills area to wheel?

Unread 07-18-2008, 09:02 AM   #2
jeepstronaut
1983 FSJ Cherokee 

i dont know the answer friend, but i would sure like to know myself...

my buddy mike may know.. he sure knows all the hiking trails out there like nobody i have met.

beautiful part of ohio...
Unread 07-18-2008, 02:37 PM   #3
phish832
2004 TJ Wrangler 

its such a nice place to camp and hike. it would be nice if it had ORV trails too..
Unread 07-20-2008, 04:04 AM   #4
ruff88xj

1992 YJ Wrangler 

im not 100% but i belive we're out of luck with anything open to the public down there for wheelin. phish832 were ya located at? my best friend's g-ma lives down around sugargrove..and got a trail thru her woods started...if we ever get around to finishing it mabey u could come down a give it go with us.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/y...92-yj-1766433/
ruff88xj is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2008, 01:49 PM   #5
E. Humphries
2004 TJ Wrangler 

My brother and I rode some gravel county roads and trails through the woods that led to fishing holes, hunting and camping spots in the AEP Park SE of Zanesville near the Wilds. It was nothing that most people couldn't have driven in a Honda Civic, but the only thing I could find other than Painted Rock.

If I hit the lottery, I'll buy some land and create an ORV park. Until then, we are sol in Ohio.
E. Humphries is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2008, 11:39 AM   #6
SOLOLUCKY
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Oh come one now! the place is riddled with logging roads and gas well roads.
Go into nelsonville on 33 go up to the prison. can't find it ask some one . and drive on past it and you will be in Snake hollow. its all open and ready to ride!. I went to school there and we went all over in there. In town used to be the Coal Creek coal minign company office. you could ride all of there land with a simple permisison slip that all you had to do was go apply for. Again the lil office was in town. not sure if its still there or not though. Amazing wheelin times we had there. now that GPS is available I'd bring one! easy to get lost and turned around in them hollers. Lotsa old coal mines.

Also go behind Hocking College, take the loop road that goes behind the mountain that is the backdrop for the college. lotsa access to gas mines roads back there.
SOLOLUCKY is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2008, 02:23 PM   #7
phish832
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruff87xj View Post
im not 100% but i belive we're out of luck with anything open to the public down there for wheelin. phish832 were ya located at? my best friend's g-ma lives down around sugargrove..and got a trail thru her woods started...if we ever get around to finishing it mabey u could come down a give it go with us.
I am in south Dayton. we go down to KY a few times a year into Red River. Nice rock wheeling down there. I like the rocks. But ill take whatever I can get.
Unread 07-31-2008, 02:25 PM   #8
phish832
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLOLUCKY View Post
Oh come one now! the place is riddled with logging roads and gas well roads.
Go into nelsonville on 33 go up to the prison. can't find it ask some one . and drive on past it and you will be in Snake hollow. its all open and ready to ride!. I went to school there and we went all over in there. In town used to be the Coal Creek coal minign company office. you could ride all of there land with a simple permisison slip that all you had to do was go apply for. Again the lil office was in town. not sure if its still there or not though. Amazing wheelin times we had there. now that GPS is available I'd bring one! easy to get lost and turned around in them hollers. Lotsa old coal mines.

Also go behind Hocking College, take the loop road that goes behind the mountain that is the backdrop for the college. lotsa access to gas mines roads back there.
How far is this from the Old Mans Cave camp grounds? i will be going there in about a week.
Unread 08-05-2008, 11:10 AM   #9
SOLOLUCKY
1989 YJ Wrangler 

NELSONVILLE iS ABOUT 10 Miles south on 33 from old mans cave .
get yer map out...can't miss nelsonville...unless you blink. lol!!
nah its not that small
SOLOLUCKY is offline   Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.