Hey Ohio Jeepers!! - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Hey Ohio Jeepers!!

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 07-25-2003, 10:42 PM   #46
nickw252

I am from Allen County (Lima) I am a former Jeep owner but a buddy of mine just got a 4 Runner and we have been off roading in it a few times if you guys wouldnt mind a Toyota hangin around

nickw252 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-28-2003, 01:25 PM   #47
jeepjeepgrl
2003 TJ Wrangler 

toyota, dodge, chevy, bring 'em all!!!!

don't forget, meeting at wellsville august 9th and 10th

or at least that's where my friend and i will be.

"if you can't be good, be good at it"
love your jeep like it was a part of you, it will be good to you
jeepjeepgrl is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-28-2003, 04:08 PM   #48
Seirpin

Hey JeepJeepGrl whats the skinny on this trip?? Are yall camping or just going back and forth each day?? And what time are you meeting there?? If I can scratch up some extra cash I may tag along...
K&N filter, Tornado, Hi-lift jack, Swaybar disco's

85 CJ7 almost bone stock. its my project, In a constant state of modification.
Seirpin is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-28-2003, 07:24 PM   #49
71CJ5

I've been to Haspin before and it was alright on a quad. I think it would be pretty cool in the Jeep.

Tellico was a blast but its really not too close to Ohio (6.5-7 hours from Cincy)

http://community.webshots.com/user/71cj5
71CJ5 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-28-2003, 08:45 PM   #50
adiobulbu

wellsville ride

Hello Everyone, Brand new to this forum but I have been to Wellsville many times. I would love to meet up with you guys. Has it been decided if it will be a camping trip? I can bring some jeep buddies from work also. Please let me know what time and if everybody is meeting at the campground or by the rr tracks or whatever. Thanks everyone.
Unread 07-29-2003, 07:52 AM   #51
jeepjeepgrl
2003 TJ Wrangler 

i was hoping we could make a camping trip out of it, although it turns out that i may not get out of work until 5 pm on saturday, but i can still camp for the night. as for where to meet, the rr tracks /parking lot is the only place where the jeeps can get in, it's very easy to find and open space so we can camp there as well. adiobulbu - do you know the exact location? i know you follow the industrial park, but how to get there, i'm not sure. it's a small town so it's not that hard to find. meeting time - um... what time would be best? noon? like i said, i may be arriving late so what ever works best for the rest of you. oh, was anyone gonna bring any atv's with them? just wondering.

Unread 07-29-2003, 07:52 AM   #52
TJnTN

Im from Cincy. But I went to school in Tennessee and got a job in Knoxville, TN. Kindof nice having my jeep now with the mountains less than an hour away. All of my family is still up in Cincy and my sister goes to OSU. Reminds me I need to come visit soon and hit up some Skyline Chili and LaRosa's.

Places to go wheelin in and around Cincy?
Places that sell jeep accessories there?

Go Bucs!!
Go Bearcats!!
Unread 07-29-2003, 10:21 AM   #53
71CJ5

Places to wheel in and around Cincy:
Hapin Acres- Laurel, Indiana
Badlands-Attica, Indiana
Wellsville, Ohio-Eastern, Ohio
Slade, Kentucky

Places that sell accessories
Offroad Center
Performance Off-Road
Big George's Off-road

I'm sure theres more but those are the places that I've dealt with.

http://community.webshots.com/user/71cj5
71CJ5 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2003, 07:55 PM   #54
adiobulbu

wellsville wheelin'

I will try to explain the directions to the trailhead as best I can. From St Rt 7 you will get off the Aten ave exit. Go east (toward the river) on Aten. Turn right on Clark Ave. The river should now be on your left. Follow Clark through several stop signs. Soon you will be on the edge of town and Clark starts to go up a slight grade back to Rt 7. At the bottom of this slight incline is a drive on the left that goes into an industrial complex. Follow this drive past the warehouses on the left keep going straight. At the end of the nicely paved street a messed up street with lots of potholes continues. By now you may have seen atv trailers and other 4wheelers. Follow the crappy road under the railroad tracks and you come out right next to the river. Keep going about 1/2 a mile and you go back under the railroad and rt 7. By now you will have seen other atv'ers for sure. Continue straight until you see a sign that says 4wheelers with an arrow to the right. Go up the slight grade and the campground will be on the left and the rr tracks straight ahead. Put her 4w low and jump the tracks. Now you are there. I am sorry for any mistakes I have made but this is all from memory. I want to camp for sure though. My girlfriend is going to go and probably some people from work. I have some atv friends at work too. I can ask them if you want.
Unread 07-30-2003, 03:34 AM   #55
jeepjeepgrl
2003 TJ Wrangler 

i'm glad someone pays attention to street names! that is a fault of mine. I wouldn't mind doing some riding while I'm there, but if you invite anyone, give them fair warning - i am still a bit of a newbie on my atv, that goes for my jeep as well, sad to say

Unread 07-30-2003, 06:34 AM   #56
adiobulbu

wellsville

I will let them know about the atv thing. A lot of them won't ride there anyway for fear of being run over by a drunken dune buggy driver. I will see what they say today.
Unread 07-30-2003, 07:26 AM   #57
jeepjeepgrl
2003 TJ Wrangler 

are you serious? we have been riding there for 3 years, the only problem we had was some idiot shooting clay pigions and the pieces were flying at us. never ran into anyone that was drunk, although from the looks of some of the trails......

Unread 07-30-2003, 10:51 AM   #58
Rufies97XJ

hey...How long of a drive is it from Cinciannti? I'm going to try and get a few people together and run up there. Can you wheel anytime there? there=Wellsville (i think thats where you all are talking about)

[URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64226]Cherokee of the Month[/URL]
Rufies97XJ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2003, 08:33 PM   #59
adiobulbu

wellsville

wellsville is probably 4 hours from cincy maybe a little longer. i had a roommate in college from cincinnati and he would make the drive in 3 hours to kent but that was like 95 mph. how many people are planning on coming?
Oh yeah, there are usually as many drunk people as sober ones or at least it seems that way. I try to wait 'till the wheelin is done for the day before partying.
Unread 07-31-2003, 11:44 AM   #60
jeepjeepgrl
2003 TJ Wrangler 

well, it looks like i will not be riding my atv, the truck broke and the van is beyond repair, <sniff, sob> the van threw a rod and i have no idea what is wronmg with the truck but in any case, i have no way to get it there. but jeeping will be just as fun.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.