Hey Ohio Jeepers!! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Hey Ohio Jeepers!!

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 06-30-2003, 11:24 AM   #16
JeepinHood

Don't wrooy about it, JeepJeepgirl! I'll let you sleep with my .357, if ya want to. I'll just sleep in kevlar!

JeepinHood is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2003, 12:17 PM   #17
joconnor66

another cincy man here. i dont think there are many good spots very close, suprisingly. i know a buddy who rock climbs near the little miami river. never been there though. haspin, livingston, and a spot near columbus are the closest good spots ive heard of.
joconnor66 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2003, 02:17 PM   #18
jeepjeepgrl
2003 TJ Wrangler 

you're all very sweet. LOL and I would be very glad if wives and g/f's were brought to share in the fun.btw maps.com is not working with me on giving directions, so ya'll gonna hafta find Wellsville the ole fashion way : a paper map.

"if you can't be good, be good at it"
love your jeep like it was a part of you, it will be good to you
jeepjeepgrl is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2003, 03:35 PM   #19
Seirpin

I found it, its about a 2.5-3 hour drive from Toledo. And Jeepjeepgrl I have a lab retriever I can bring along too if ya need extra protection. Although she'll probally end up licking everybody to death.

Xjrez, unfortunitally I dont get to do much wheeling at all I'm new to the off road experence. And I dont have any friends that are really into that. The only legal place I know of to go wheeling is Toledo 4 Wheelers, but Im not shure if I wanna join or not....
K&N filter, Tornado, Hi-lift jack, Swaybar disco's

85 CJ7 almost bone stock. its my project, In a constant state of modification.
Seirpin is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2003, 11:05 PM   #20
XJKEN

Cincinnati here, Haspin and Slade near Lexington
KY are two popular places that I know of. If you
guys are not doing anything on Sunday September 7, 2003 I am helping Wullenweber Chrysler Jeep
put together a Jeep Show and Meet on that day.
No trails are available, but why not come down and get together. Maybe once there we could line something up. For more details check out the "Wheelin Neighborhood" look for the JEEPFEST "03
thread.
XJKEN is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2003, 09:41 PM   #21
wmebert

Check www.4wd.com They are located in Columbiana, OH which is south of Youngstown off of route 7. They have a "Meet" set up for the weekend of July 18 thru 20 which includes some wheelin' in Wellsville. I believe there is no cost involved.

At this point I plan on being there. I'm about 6 hours away in Eastern PA but I figured it would use it as an excuse to visit some old friends in OH.

Try this link for info;

http://www.4wd.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2071

2002 Jeep Wrangler X Rancho Rockcrawler Suspension, Rancho RSX Shocks, 33x12.5 BFG AT/KO on 15x8 AR 767, Wilderness Expedition Rack, K&N Filter, XM Satellite Radio.

[URL]http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4289850495[/URL]
wmebert is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2003, 12:16 PM   #22
Leroys4wd

Livingston or Haspin Acres

Leroy here, from http://allaboutmud.com The best places for 4 wheeling around Cincinnati area I have found are Livingston Kentucky and Haspin Acres in Indiana. Livingston is public land, free to enter and camp, located at exit 49 off Interstate 75 in Slade Kentucky. There are an estimated 22,000 acres to roam. Haspin Acres is located in Laurel Indiana, about 16 miles past Brookville, take I-121 off RT 52. 750 acres there and it costs $15 a day with a $3 one time liability card. free camping, hot showers and cheap food available. Both are good for Jeeps, quads, buggies and trucks.
Leroys4wd is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2003, 01:57 PM   #23
jeepjeepgrl
2003 TJ Wrangler 

does the second weekend of August - the 9th and 10th sound good for meet at Wellsville?
lemme know lanenmoon@aol.com

Unread 07-03-2003, 07:36 AM   #24
JeepinHood

Sounds good to me! I'll mark the date down in my palm!
JeepinHood is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2003, 09:01 PM   #25
DaOne
2002 TJ Wrangler 

jeepjeepgrl...how about a PA tag along? Would you mind...assuming I can arrange the trip?

I miss my Jeep. On the hunt for a replacement.
DaOne is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2003, 03:25 AM   #26
jeepjeepgrl
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Not at all!!! Anyone is welcome to join in the fun. Hope to see you there. Anyone else planning on coming?

Unread 07-05-2003, 12:46 PM   #27
Seirpin

maybe, Are you guys planning on camping, or just a day trip?? Whats the whole skinny on this??

Unread 07-06-2003, 09:21 AM   #28
jeepjeepgrl
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Here's what I had in mind: my friends and I will get there Sat nite after work and camp. Do the Jeep thing most of Sun and leave Sun evening. It's only a 2 hr trip for us. We should be able to meet & camp in the old parking lot. There's a couple of stores around so you don't need to bring a lot of supplies.
I am going to try to get there earlier, but, not gonna count on it.
I don't really have a complete plan in my head, so what works best for you? Am I leaving anything out?

Unread 07-10-2003, 06:07 AM   #29
bonehead99
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Seirpin and xjrez, I'm also from toledo have you been out to county rd. 2 in henry county. It just a mile long sand road.( I do NOT promote wheeling on this road as it is most likely illegal) This is a good spot where I like to hunt in the fall. As far as the airport you take Crissy road north from Airport hwy. You'll come to a set of rr tracks after that turn right on the first road, go to the dead end and hop on the trail next to the tracks. I've never been back their but some friends told me its got some deep holes. If you guys wanna go check it out sometime let me know. Have you guys been to Toledo 4 Wheelers?

Last edited by bonehead99; 07-10-2003 at 06:25 AM..
bonehead99 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2003, 03:22 PM   #30
Seirpin

Hey Bonehead Ive never been out to henry county, if its a legal road to drive on I would say go for it. Ive never been to the Crissy Rd deal. A friend of mine told me about it though it is illegal though, and if you do go, never go alone. If you should happen to get stuck and have to leave your Jeep, or any vehical, you will come back to find it towed out, on fire, with anything of value gone, and probally riddled with bullet holes.... Or at least thats what Ive been told..

I did check out Toledo 4 Wheelers its 100 bucks a year you have to attend the first 3 meetings and help out once in a while with grounds keeping stuff. You must have a rear recovery point (like they need to tell ya that ) and for your first year you dont get your own key to the place, they give you one your 2nd year there. Its kinda cool they have like 40 acres the people are real nice. They have an area cleared for camping they have electric and water, but the guy told me he wouldnt drink it, well water I guess?? The only thing that bothered me was the lack of Jeeps out there!!! I only saw one. If anybody here is thinking of joining I'll be in too, I dont have alot of offroad experence so having some fellow Jeepers there would make it all the more better. Im thinking of joining that or Adams conservation club.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.