Hey Ohio Jeepers!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Hey Ohio Jeepers!!

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 06-25-2003, 07:59 AM   #1
jeepjeepgrl
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Hey Ohio Jeepers!!

Just wondering if there are any Jeepers in Ohio .... Wayne county here. I know I am not the only one, so speak up and let me know where you're at!

"if you can't be good, be good at it"
love your jeep like it was a part of you, it will be good to you
Unread 06-25-2003, 09:09 AM   #2
Rufies97XJ

Ohio

I'm from the Cincinnati area.
There has got to be more than two of us.
Unread 06-25-2003, 05:12 PM   #3
shaneda1pain

sory not to be a thread pirate but do any of you ohio jeepers want to go to the badlands on 6/28
Unread 06-26-2003, 11:50 AM   #4
69440dart
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Ohio Trails

Hello,
Seen your thread on Jeepers in Ohio. I was wondering a good place to off road in Southern Ohio or Northern Ky?
Look'in to get muddy! Scioto County Here

Thanks,
Unread 06-26-2003, 12:50 PM   #5
jeepjeepgrl
2003 TJ Wrangler 

well Northern Kentucky I'm not really familiar with. The best place we've found to ride our atv's and Jeep is Wellsville Ohio on the river. have you ever been there?

Unread 06-26-2003, 01:56 PM   #6
JeepinHood

I'm in Painesville...30 miles east of Cleveland.

But I went to school in Wooster, so I know wayne county. Any good places to wheel down there? Well, probably a lot of mud right about now...
Unread 06-26-2003, 02:29 PM   #7
jeepjeepgrl
2003 TJ Wrangler 

since they closed BAB in wooster, there's Elson Street in Congress and Wellsville. Elson st is kinda pricy and not very big, but easy terrain for newbie like myself. Wellsville is huge, pretty cheap and has all kinds of terrain that seems to change daily. but it's 2 hours from here so we try to make a day out of it. all of the other near by places have been closed down thanx to all the idiots in the area. Bear Creek might still be open, hafta check.

Unread 06-27-2003, 09:54 AM   #8
JeepinHood

Sounds good.

I'm availble most weekends. I'm pretty much a wheelin novice too, so something tame the firsat time might be a good idea.

Feel free to let me know...
Unread 06-28-2003, 08:54 AM   #9
Seirpin

Im here in good'ol Toledo... How far South are you guys talking?? Wellsville, Elson St, Bear Creek, are these parks? Im in dire need of some places to go froading, I too am a novice, and I dont have any friends that own Jeeps or are even into off roading for that matter..
K&N filter, Tornado, Hi-lift jack, Swaybar disco's

85 CJ7 almost bone stock. its my project, In a constant state of modification.
Unread 06-28-2003, 06:59 PM   #10
ScotZ
American to the Bone

2004 WJ 

Im in Oxford Ohio(Miami University) Butler County. Haspin Acres is a popular spot to wheel it. There is something for everyone there from what I hear. Haspin is located just west of Brookville Lake in South East Indiana. I work every other weekend so time is some what limited for me. Lets try to get something together for this summer. E-mail Scotmo2@excite.com
At least two-thirds of our miseries spring from human stupidity, human malice and those great motivators and justifiers of malice and stupidity: idealism, dogmatism and proselytizing zeal on behalf of religous or political ideas.
- Aldous Huxley
Unread 06-28-2003, 08:09 PM   #11
GothicJeep

Willoughby here. (That's just outside of Cleveland)

I keep hearing about Wellsville. Can anybody who's been there enlighten the rest of us Buckeyes as to whether it's cool or not?

Goth...

'Blue Zombie' (My 2002 TJ SE)
30x9.5 Hi-Tec Muds, Olympic Dave's Rack, and a BUTTLOAD of tow hooks...

My blog! Dr. Zombie's Midnight Theater or Terror
Unread 06-29-2003, 03:11 PM   #12
jeepjeepgrl
2003 TJ Wrangler 

well I've asked around and it looks like wellsville is the only place that allows any vehicle besides atv's. Which is cool, cuz wellsville has some great trails for my jeep and atv . it's right on the ohio river by the lil stretch where ohio meets w.v.
there are 2 areas owned and shared by 2 friends, I think it's around $8-$10 per person and they are pretty cool about us camping.
it's really a great place to ride, has lots of different terrain, and trails with ranging difficulty. Plus there's always somebody with a bigger rig willing to pull ya out. time is limited for me also, but i am trying to work something out. Forgive me for being a lil leary of camping in the woods w/ a bunch of unknown guys w/o some back-up. I'll keep you posted and try to e-mail some specific directions for you.

Unread 06-29-2003, 06:09 PM   #13
MudLover

Quote:
Originally posted by jeepjeepgrl
Forgive me for being a lil leary of camping in the woods w/ a bunch of unknown guys w/o some back-up.
I can protect you hahaha. I'm in Cincinnati.
[B][COLOR=darkred]Red Jeep Club Member #2[/COLOR][/B]
Unread 06-29-2003, 06:47 PM   #14
ScotZ
American to the Bone

2004 WJ 

I dont think you will need protecting but if I go, my wife will be there so you wont be the only Jeep Girl. I found a site that has some picks of Haspin Acres check it out if you like. I'm guessing its about 3 hrs away from you. This guy looks like he has fun... http://allaboutmud.com See ya Scot
At least two-thirds of our miseries spring from human stupidity, human malice and those great motivators and justifiers of malice and stupidity: idealism, dogmatism and proselytizing zeal on behalf of religous or political ideas.
- Aldous Huxley
Unread 06-30-2003, 01:01 AM   #15
xjrez

I too am in Toledo. Seirpin where all do you go around here? you ever hit the spots out near the airport?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.