Conditions in Slade, KY 8/5-8/9?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Conditions in Slade, KY 8/5-8/9??

Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipThis is a shout out to all INTERNATIONAL Customers! Yes weSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 08-04-2009, 09:28 AM   #1
78treehugger
1980 CJ7 

Conditions in Slade, KY 8/5-8/9??

I am looking for an update on the conditions. There is a group of us that have a trip planned for this weekend and we are coming from central IN and want to see if we'll be able to cover it or just be trying to survive in the mud. Thanks.

It's easier to get forgiveness than permision.
Salad is what food eats!!!
http://emptypocketsoffroad.org/
Unread 08-06-2009, 02:40 AM   #2
lillyrat
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Weather looking better for Slade. Only 20% chance of showers on Saturday now and 89 degrees.
Unread 08-06-2009, 11:00 AM   #3
78treehugger
1980 CJ7 

Does anyone know if it's dry or a sloppy mess down there or if it will be dry by the weekend? Just trying to see what we are in for. Thanks.

Unread 10-13-2009, 03:30 PM   #4
Morgen251
2010 JK Wrangler 

Does anyone know how to get to trails down there?? I tried asking on another 'forum' but go no dice. I went to Slade this spring and asked around and the local peeps in the gas station wouldn't tell me ne thing. Said it was all illegal?? I've heard MUCH differently from my good friends here at JF.

I've heard of some meeting at the boat ramp (Mill Creek Lake), but don't know where to go from there.

BUILD:
Rubi Rocker Guards; 32" Mastercraft MTs; Teraflex 2.5" Coil Spring Lift; JKS Quick Discos; JKS Front & Rear Adj Trackbars; JKS Ex Rear Swaybar links; Zone Nitro Shocks; 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers; Poison Spyder Evap Skid; Cobra 75WXST; 3' Firestick quick disco; Rugged Ridge XHD Fr Bumper; Tuffy Underseat Drawer; 6" KC Long Range Hilites; Superchips Flashpaq, Crown Extended brake lines

WISH LIST: Front LCAs, Winch, 6" KC Driving Lights, Deep Cycle Battery
Unread 10-14-2009, 03:25 PM   #5
78treehugger
1980 CJ7 

I didn't drive when I went down or I'd be able to give you directuions, sorry. I do know that the main trail turns into Windowmaker and is actually a county road. I am not sure how it could be illegal. We camped along a creek and followed the trail straight to Widomaker. I will see if I can get directions from one of my buddies.

Unread 10-14-2009, 09:15 PM   #6
Morgen251
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78treehugger View Post
I didn't drive when I went down or I'd be able to give you directuions, sorry. I do know that the main trail turns into Windowmaker and is actually a county road. I am not sure how it could be illegal. We camped along a creek and followed the trail straight to Widomaker. I will see if I can get directions from one of my buddies.
Doesn't sound like it to me....they may just be saying that to try to keep wheelers away. I'm a respectful wheeler, don't create my own trails, or leave anything but tire treads. If you (or anyone else) could get those, that would be sweet!!

BUILD:
Rubi Rocker Guards; 32" Mastercraft MTs; Teraflex 2.5" Coil Spring Lift; JKS Quick Discos; JKS Front & Rear Adj Trackbars; JKS Ex Rear Swaybar links; Zone Nitro Shocks; 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers; Poison Spyder Evap Skid; Cobra 75WXST; 3' Firestick quick disco; Rugged Ridge XHD Fr Bumper; Tuffy Underseat Drawer; 6" KC Long Range Hilites; Superchips Flashpaq, Crown Extended brake lines

Unread 10-14-2009, 10:55 PM   #7
8balls12
1988 MJ Comanche 

slade is a secret...Band wagon kind a Thing. I looked for years for directions. You have to go with a club that already wheels there. directions dont exsist
Unread 10-16-2009, 10:44 AM   #8
Brads_nky_yj

A lot of us have wheeled at Slade before, but like stated above you HAVE to know someone who is down there ALOT or some locals. Out of our club only 1 guy knows the area really well, and he evens doesn't have "directions" for the trails. They all really run together, you just look for landmarks and remember them.

Call up the guys at the Zoe firehouse. They will let you know bout the trails and where to stay/ride/park etc. There are plenty of trails (most) that are legal and you can ride whenever ya want, but also there is a good amount of private property that has trails on it, that is ILLEGAL to run. Some of the best trails are on private property, and you better know the owner or your in some trouble.

So if your riding and see signs that say Private Property but you still see awesome amounts of trails, stay off. You'll get in trouble.

Like I said, all the guys at the firehouse wheel so talk to them. We always stay at a friends cabin down there, thats all I can say tho. I dont know the area well at all. We are always in groups and our trail boss is the only guy who knows the trails really well.
Unread 10-16-2009, 05:53 PM   #9
8balls12
1988 MJ Comanche 

torc right? you goin to the ride in adams county? first weekend in november?
Unread 10-20-2009, 10:02 AM   #10
Brads_nky_yj

T.O.R.C. as in Twisted Off Road Club from KY yessir. Ride in Adams County? Havent heard anything about it, location or dates or anything.
Unread 10-20-2009, 10:18 AM   #11
Morgen251
2010 JK Wrangler 

There is no Adams County in KY....is it in OH, or TN maybe?

BUILD:

Unread 10-26-2009, 01:34 AM   #12
8balls12
1988 MJ Comanche 

adams in ohio.........roll on over to c.o.r.e. they have all the stuff you need. My buddy eclipsethis went on the firefighter run at slade. couldnt make it. probly wont make this run either.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.