Best trails in the country? (ALL) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Best trails in the country? (ALL)

We still have some great deals going on!Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!

Unread 08-20-2007, 06:57 PM   #1
87Feep
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Best trails in the country? (ALL)

I'm trying to put together a list of the 'must do' trails around the country. Then hopefully one by one I'll check them off.

What are your favorite trails & why (Hard core challenges, Scenery, etc)?

87Feep is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2007, 09:16 AM   #2
TSEJEEPERS
1993 YJ Wrangler 

That is so hard to say. Everyplace has different challanges. Moab great scenery huge pucker factor. Tellico great scenery very challenging trails. I guess those would be my top two. A little closer to home Flat Nasty reminds me alot of Tellico, lots of rocks and side hills. Cliffs insane terrain you want to stay away from this place if it rains, can get nasty real quick! Badlands has a little bit of everything. Hannible Rocks have not been to this place yet, I hear it is not real big good day trip. People who own it are really nice. Land Between the Lakes (Turkey Bay) lots and lots of hill climbs.
Unread 10-31-2007, 09:23 PM   #3
gornoman
2006 WK 

My favorite area is Moab, although I have not gone "hard core" out there yet, mostly 2-3 out of 5 so far. Maybe next spring I can test my WK's capabilities further.
Hairiest ride ever? Black Bear Road between Ouray and Telluride. I don't recall the scenery because I was concentrating on wheel placement so much. When I get to do the "Bear" again I will look around a bit more!
Scenery? The San Juan Mountains (Ouray, Telluride, Silverton, CO) can't be beat. The whole family can enjoy it, and there are 3 or 4 real nasty trails for the real wheelers.
Blue WK Club Member #15
My other passion - WWW.buggiesgonewild.com
gornoman is offline   Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.