99 Sunrider Top Problems in Ohio - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > 99 Sunrider Top Problems in Ohio

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 04-27-2009, 07:20 AM   #1
heathersjeep

99 Sunrider Top Problems in Ohio

I ordered the Bestop sunrider top and after 7+hours yesterday and 4 of us working...it still isn't on!

My dad has driven jeeps for over 20 years, my brother has had several models over the years and an 07 now. I drive an 99 wrangler. We have put on all sorts of soft and hard tops over the years but this one has us STUMPED! At this point, I would pay someone to install it. Anyone know a place in Ohio that would install?

We cant get the front to latch at the windshield. It was 80 degrees yesterday so that wasn't an issue. If we got it close, the latch would pop out instead of latching when we tried to clamp it down. The side bows aren't lining up right either. We watched the video and worked from the directions but NO LUCK.

Any leads or advice on this would be GREATLY appreciated! I am in Columbus and my family is in Waverly so anyone in the area would work. We are beyond frustrated and they are calling for rain tomorrow....

THANK YOU!!!!

Unread 05-04-2009, 12:00 PM   #2
BilliardJK
2007 JK Wrangler 

Bump... A friend and I installed one in my old '98 I used to own. The hardest part for me was cutting into the roll bar padding but it turned out great. I don't remember it even take a whole hour. Not sure why yours would be giving you trouble, good luck though.
Unread 05-10-2009, 11:05 AM   #3
Kencary
2002 TJ Wrangler 

The weekend we put the Sunrider top on our '02 TJ (full doors) and it was a bit tedious but no rea problems.

The hardest part we found was stretching the fabric. The bracket holes were also very tight and it was difficult to insert some of the bolts into the brackets.

Otherwise things were slow but OK. We had to take off the front seat belts from the roll bar to attach the 2 side brackets.

Ken
Unread 05-24-2009, 02:20 PM   #4
edhayes
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Sunrider install problem

Bend the latches. I had the same problem on my new Sunrider for my 97. Bent the latches to fit and everything works fine now. On the side rails, if you are sure they are assembled correctly, bend them too!!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.