JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   North Central USA (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f158/)
-   -   North Central International Jeep Event - Interest Feeler (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f158/north-central-international-jeep-event-interest-feeler-664094/)

0utback 01-03-2009 09:19 PM

North Central International Jeep Event - Interest Feeler

Just gathering some intel to guage interest in a future event.

Our club (Westman Jeep Association) here in Manitoba is tossing the idea around about planning and hosting an International gathering of Jeeps & Jeepers for the summer of 2009.

It will be planned to take place at the International Peace gardens on the Can-USA border between ND and MB, just north of Dunseith on ND highway 281.

It will be held on the first Sunday in August (the 2nd) and usually there is also an Antique, Classic and Custom Car show taking place the same day that Jeep meet participants can attend free of charge.

The intent is to eventually create something like the Great American Jeep Rally in our part of the world. But, and there is always a but....... this will be more casual and less formally organised to start with. For now it will be - Bring your Jeep, Bring your Family (pets not recommended due to border issues), Bring some food for a picnic or bbq, and enjoy the day with other Jeepers in a beautiful location.

Is this something North Central area Jeepers would be interested in attending?
Feedback welcome and encouraged.

0utback 01-14-2009 07:24 PM

What if we added the option to conduct Swap Meet activities and threw in a 10 mile forest trail run (on the Canadian side)?

ISUzj 01-22-2009 08:25 AM

I would be up for it and could probrably get about a dozen more from the area

99JeepWj 01-23-2009 05:11 PM

- I believe that a couple of us from my area would be interested. Only a 1/2 hour away. :)

CrazyWalnut13 02-01-2009 01:00 AM

I'd be interested. I'm not saying I'm a guaranteed yes. But if I knew the exact date and location, I'd check it out.

0utback 04-25-2009 10:05 AM

To keep everyone up to speed...

This event is a "GO" and will be called the Great Plains International Jeepers Rendezvous.

It is scheduled for August the 2nd - Noon to 4pm at the International Peace Gardens on the North Dakota / Manitoba Border.

The main purpose of the event is to bring together Jeepers from all over the Great Plains area of North America for an afternoon of living the brand and showing it to the public. The main event will be a stationary Jeep show in which all attendees can participate.

Secondary events not associated with the GPIJR include the 30th Annual Antique, Classic and Custom Car show (also international), Live music from Highway 43 Band (70's, Eagles, and civil war music), and assorted artisans around the park area. A Sunday Brunch also takes place from 11am - 2pm.

The gate fees at the Park will be waived for all Jeepers participating in the GPIJR show, otherwise the regular entry fee will apply.

This will be a Keep It Simple event concept for this first go around until we see how it takes shape and develop future event "extras". So, pack a lunch, or get ready for a campout (camping is available on site or in the immediate area) and join us for an afternoon of Jeep talk, tall tales, and doing the Jeep Thing!

Potential for a scenic evening trail ride (on the Canadian side of the border) exists and will be determined by turnout and interest. Details of this portion of the event are still under coordination with local authorities re: access and travel routes. If you plan to attend the trail ride be sure to have all your ID and neccessary border crossing papers in order for processing.

ISUzj 04-25-2009 01:36 PM

Aright...I have it penciled in...hopefully I can make it with a friend or two...is there a website?

0utback 04-25-2009 10:31 PM

Some helpful websites...

International Peace Garden

Westman Jeep Association

No particular web page has been made up for the GPIJR event yet. Something will be forthcoming in the next few weeks.

Ursine 04-29-2009 10:41 PM

I'm only about 45 minutes away from the border, I'd be interested in joining this event.

guitardude 05-07-2009 09:12 PM

Count me in! I'm interested in the trail run too. Sounds like a fun time for myself, my wife and my daughter.

Keep us posted with new info.

0utback 05-07-2009 11:22 PM

Good to hear. I look forward to meeting some of our southern nieghbours.

snowdak 08-24-2009 06:21 PM

I really wanted to come, but unexpected company prevented it. How did it go. Do you plan on having it again next year. My vote would be for a Saturday.

0utback 08-27-2009 08:05 PM

It went ok. Met some nice folks. We will be doing it again next year but will still be a Sunday. Reason being is that everything else at the Gardens happens on the Sunday that weekend so it gives folks a bit more to see and do besides just the Jeeps. We will be in closer proximity to the car show next year also so as to shorten the walk between the show areas.

Thanks for your interest, hope to see you next year!

The time now is 06:19 PM.