Winterizing YJ for sub-zero temperatures - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Winterizing YJ for sub-zero temperatures

ECGS Fall Sale - 10% Off EVERYTHING!!Gear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 01-02-2009, 08:16 PM   #1
gracemely
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Winterizing YJ for sub-zero temperatures

*Please note I'm re-posting this to gain a local's opinion not to spam the boards.*

I have a '91 YJ. Over the holidays I planned to travel to the Adirondacks from Washington, DC so in preparation I put 1/4 inch round weather seals around the door and window sills. I tucked 1/2 inch foam seals along the length of the doors (between the half-door and door upper) and in the space where the the windshield frame and softtop connect. The last thing I did was to rig 1 inch climbers webbing in a net fashion between the sports bars and tuck a nice heavy blanket between the softtop and the webbing. This reduced the drafts and noise by at least 98%!

Now the the point of the thread. I'm in the prelim stages of planning a trip to Alaska and had a few questions about winterizing.

Here's what I know of right now.

1. Hardtop/doors
2. Block heater
3. Oil change to 5W-30(20)
4. Sub-zero washer fluid

Can you guys who live in CND suggest anything else to do to prepare the YJ for real cold climate?

Thanks! G

-|91YJ|-
-□|||||||□-

[]=o=[]
keep wavin'

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.