STOLEN - Red 95 YJ w/4 4" LED Taillights - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > STOLEN - Red 95 YJ w/4 4" LED Taillights

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!

Unread 01-29-2009, 04:07 AM   #1
ITSA96
1995 YJ Wrangler 

STOLEN - Red 95 YJ w/4 4" LED Taillights

My jeep was stolen earlier this mo from Kirkland, Wa. If seen please call the police. Thank you.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...307&i=40777737

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...307&i=40777729

Unread 01-29-2009, 07:27 AM   #2
jonwood
2003 TJ Wrangler 

That sucks, I'll keep an eye out for it.
Unread 01-29-2009, 09:12 AM   #3
L&R Jeeper

Hey Adam,

Beside the circumstances, it's good to see ya on here. I'll keep an eye out for it also and help ya by posting this on other site.

*Just incase you didn't know who this it is, it's me L.A.
Unread 01-29-2009, 05:13 PM   #4
redjeepguy1

someone that has an account at these sites should cross post the info to:

www.pnwjeep.com
www.nw-wheelers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSA96 View Post
My jeep was stolen earlier this mo from Kirkland, Wa. If seen please call the police. Thank you.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...307&i=40777737

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...307&i=40777729
Unread 02-05-2009, 03:26 PM   #5
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Well that blows; I'll keep an eye out.

Mine's been gone now for two years and still nothing.
Unread 04-03-2009, 12:24 AM   #6
ITSA96
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Thank you everyone for keeping an eye out. More pics can be seen at:

http://nw-wheelers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34550
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=748680
Unread 04-03-2009, 01:14 AM   #7
ITSA96
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipJ View Post
Well that blows; I'll keep an eye out.

Mine's been gone now for two years and still nothing.
That sucks, but keep your hopes up. I talked to a customer the other day who had his found two years later in the same shape. So you never know.....
Unread 04-03-2009, 10:19 AM   #8
SPAZIN98XJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Keeping a watch in Idaho

We will definatly keep a watch out for you, we get alot of people in trying to sell us stolen products or vehicles, I will put a flyer up in the shop for ya
Toni @ Bucks 4x4 Center Boise, Id
Unread 04-04-2009, 03:21 AM   #9
+Crusader+

When it comes to car thieves, vigilantism seems to be the only solution?

I had two vehicles stolen from me in the recent past, so I have NO mercy for horse thieves. Our grandfathers used to hang them from trees, but we are more "enlightened" now.

Well, I'll keep my eyes open ... Whomever stole it, probably roams the same circles as we do, and stole it to strip it. You are better off considering it gone and if it turns up intact, then celebrate because it isn't too often car thieves hit Jeeps with all the readily available Hondas and Toyotas out there.
Unread 04-06-2009, 12:38 AM   #10
ITSA96
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFivinWhiteGuy View Post
When it comes to car thieves, vigilantism seems to be the only solution?

I had two vehicles stolen from me in the recent past, so I have NO mercy for horse thieves. Our grandfathers used to hang them from trees, but we are more "enlightened" now.

Well, I'll keep my eyes open ... Whomever stole it, probably roams the same circles as we do, and stole it to strip it. You are better off considering it gone and if it turns up intact, then celebrate because it isn't too often car thieves hit Jeeps with all the readily available Hondas and Toyotas out there.
Yeah, unfortunately I have gotten nowhere with the police. We have had the 22's stolen from a tahoe, they attempted to steal my motorcyle, and my jeep was stolen, all from the same parking spot at my condo. It is a locked parking garage with video surveylance in a nice area. There are $50,000 Mercedes and Audi's parked next to them that don't get touched. I am worried that when I bring my jetta home they will try and steal it too. I am trying to devise a way to catch them in the act.
Seattle has one of the highest crime rates for auto theft in the country. I was hoping that the uniqueness of my jeep would help to find it but the police don't seem to care.
Unread 04-09-2009, 02:22 AM   #11
+Crusader+

Quote:
Yeah, unfortunately I have gotten nowhere with the police. We have had the 22's stolen from a tahoe, they attempted to steal my motorcyle, and my jeep was stolen, all from the same parking spot at my condo. It is a locked parking garage with video surveylance in a nice area. There are $50,000 Mercedes and Audi's parked next to them that don't get touched. I am worried that when I bring my jetta home they will try and steal it too. I am trying to devise a way to catch them in the act.
Seattle has one of the highest crime rates for auto theft in the country. I was hoping that the uniqueness of my jeep would help to find it but the police don't seem to care.
It's not the police, trust me. It's the Counties Prosecuting Attorney.

I had an old Mustang with only 6K actual miles on it, and had it only a week before it got stolen. Two months later it was left in a parking lot a couple of cities away with a small amount of Columbian currency left in the trunk. Not enough to fix the damage, but there was all kinds of evidence I turned over to that cities police. The officer I spoke with said: "Sir, there is nothing I would like to do more than to nab the thief and lock him up for good. But even if I investigated and gathered enough evidence to convict the perp, the King County Prosecutors office would look at the file and throw it out. They are so wrapped up in mindless cases that involve much bigger crimes, that they don't even have time for a strong case of car theft. The problem sir, is the courts and parole boards are letting criminals out of jail way too soon and they are going out and committing bigger and bigger felonies. I'm sorry to say it, but based on the crime we see, your stolen car is small potatoes ... in this state just be happy you got your car back."

And he was completely right! When you go in to vote for a political candidate, keep in mind the candidate that gets elected appoints judges that rule on these legal cases ... these politicians also make laws that affect legal issues too. Which political party has been running this state for the last 20 years? There's your answer as to why the cops don't seem to care ... what is the point in caring if they work their butts off to nail your crook, and the judge appointed by the "change" politician lets the perps off with a slap on the wrist.

Did you know until a year or so ago, a car thief had to be caught behind the wheel of a stolen car 7 times before he did any serious time ... how many cars would he have to steal to get caught in 7 of them? Guess which political party made that law?

Yes, who you vote for makes more difference than just picking the guy with the nice tie!
Unread 04-09-2009, 03:14 PM   #12
incredibull
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Two months later it was left in a parking lot a couple of cities away with a small amount of Columbian currency left in the trunk.
I'm sorry to ruffle anyone's feathers, but why am I not at all surprised by this particular bit of info?
Unread 04-10-2009, 04:59 AM   #13
+Crusader+

Quote:
Originally Posted by incredibull View Post
I'm sorry to ruffle anyone's feathers, but why am I not at all surprised by this particular bit of info?
Yeah, an illegal alien that took his pants off while in the driver's seat, so he could read the nudey-mag he had stashed under the passenger's seat ... and a nice "white" stain he left on the shifter console!!

The butt stain left on the cloth seat quickly turned into brown foam when I started into it with upholstery cleaner, rubber gloves and a thick bristle brush!

My other stolen vehicle was a lifted Kamikazee PU ... it was stolen by a meth-head white guy.
Unread 05-15-2009, 06:29 PM   #14
ITSA96
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHoff View Post
It's not the police, trust me. It's the Counties Prosecuting Attorney.

I had an old Mustang with only 6K actual miles on it, and had it only a week before it got stolen. Two months later it was left in a parking lot a couple of cities away with a small amount of Columbian currency left in the trunk. Not enough to fix the damage, but there was all kinds of evidence I turned over to that cities police. The officer I spoke with said: "Sir, there is nothing I would like to do more than to nab the thief and lock him up for good. But even if I investigated and gathered enough evidence to convict the perp, the King County Prosecutors office would look at the file and throw it out. They are so wrapped up in mindless cases that involve much bigger crimes, that they don't even have time for a strong case of car theft. The problem sir, is the courts and parole boards are letting criminals out of jail way too soon and they are going out and committing bigger and bigger felonies. I'm sorry to say it, but based on the crime we see, your stolen car is small potatoes ... in this state just be happy you got your car back."

And he was completely right! When you go in to vote for a political candidate, keep in mind the candidate that gets elected appoints judges that rule on these legal cases ... these politicians also make laws that affect legal issues too. Which political party has been running this state for the last 20 years? There's your answer as to why the cops don't seem to care ... what is the point in caring if they work their butts off to nail your crook, and the judge appointed by the "change" politician lets the perps off with a slap on the wrist.

Did you know until a year or so ago, a car thief had to be caught behind the wheel of a stolen car 7 times before he did any serious time ... how many cars would he have to steal to get caught in 7 of them? Guess which political party made that law?

Yes, who you vote for makes more difference than just picking the guy with the nice tie!
I agree that the courts should do more to prossecute these criminals and our politicians are not taking these issues seriously. This does not though, mean that the police should not take it seriously and still do thier job of getting the evidence to the prosecutor. Maybe if they did the courts would realize how serious this problem is in our area and start to do something about it.
Unread 05-15-2009, 07:32 PM   #15
+Crusader+

Quote:
I agree that the courts should do more to prossecute these criminals and our politicians are not taking these issues seriously. This does not though, mean that the police should not take it seriously and still do thier job of getting the evidence to the prosecutor. Maybe if they did the courts would realize how serious this problem is in our area and start to do something about it.
It's a waste of the cops time. The courts know the crime stats, they know how big of a problem it is, they just have other priorities because the Dems have ruined the system.

Anyway, any word on your Jeep?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.